Voter ID

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The Supreme Court decided today that asking for a picture ID is not a violation of any laws.

The ACLU said it is disappointed with the courts decision and this will disenfranchise the elderly, the homeless and the invaders.

Since the Motor Voter laws, people have been pushing for Voter ID. This is one positive step for the citizens of the US.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Now that the ACLU compaint has been ruled upon, they could help solve the elderly and homeless dienfranchisement by identifying ways to get the photo IDs for the elderly and homeless.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Now that the ACLU compaint has been ruled upon, they could help solve the elderly and homeless dienfranchisement by identifying ways to get the photo IDs for the elderly and homeless.

Here in my state, many of the shelters allow the homeless to use a shelter address as their own.There are organizations and churches who pickup and drop off people at SOS offices to get Photo IDs and they have been doing this for a long time. I think the states can and will accommodate most of the cases, but it must be pointed out that in some states already require ID's to bank and use some state/city services.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i was raised in illinois and we had voter ids. no one ever questioned them. it was just another piece of id you carried. maybe some folks had 2(you know how chicago is) so i don't understand the hoopla over having one living in a state that does not have an id currently. you can vote IF you are a citizen. become a citizen and vote.