Vetting is a stupiding word

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I thought I made my thoughts on this matter clear enough, particularly about taking the entire post in context as a whole rather than chopping it up to create a new context, but no, unless "isis folks" is a race, it is not racist.

I guess you forgot about the part where he included the Middle East, ya know, because everyone there seems to look like "isis folks".

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see Moot is lurking....here with a Panther Transit plated in MN..thought it might be the master..but he was short fat and ugly like me..because well all us old farts look the same.....LOL

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...they all look the same to me...
What a racist statement!
:mad:
I have a friend who is white. He grew up in the town of Cass Lake, MN which is on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation. He was one of two white kids on the high school baseball team. The coach told him during a game to replace Gibson at third. He replied: I am Gibson. The coach said all you white kids look the same.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
...they all look the same to me...
What a racist statement!
:mad:
I have a friend who is white. He grew up in the town of Cass Lake, MN which is on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation. He was one of two white kids on the high school baseball team. The coach told him during a game to replace Gibson at third. He replied: I am Gibson. The coach said all you white kids look the same.
good thing he didn't say Sven.....LOL

Reactions: Moot

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Respectfully, when did you stop beating your wife?

Respectfully, I never get tired of voicing my opinion for issues on which I have an opinion. I do not, however, voice my opinion for the ridiculous reason you claim.

Respectfully, do you not know how to use the Private Conversation feature of EO to relay your personal opinion about someone directly to them, instead of derailing a thread to post personal comments about people?

Respectfully, would you like me to take this opportunity to post here my personal opinions of you and your opinions?
A little thin shelled today?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
call it vetting or whatever...anyone thats is anyone coming in..should be held to a higher standard....because anyone can be the enemy...just think OK City bombing....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, I thought I made my thoughts on this matter clear enough, particularly about taking the entire post in context as a whole rather than chopping it up to create a new context, but no, unless "isis folks" is a race, it is not racist.

I guess you forgot about the part where he included the Middle East, ya know, because everyone there seems to look like "isis folks".
Actually, no, I didn't forget the part where he included the Middle East. In fact, the Middle East is core context of his post, and I addressed it directly with the comment regarding the mindset of that very culture.

And yeah, since ISIS was invented in the Middle East, by inhabitants of the Middle East, and the overwhelming majority of ISIS members are currently in or from the Middle East, everyone from the Middle East looks like "isis folks" regardless of whether or not they are.

And by the way, "Middle East" is not a race. It's actually geography.

Reactions: davekc

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Come on guys..... This has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative, and you know it. This has to do with seeing somebody and assuming they are the same as just like the others before even starting the process of vetting

Just my 2 cents.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on guys..... This has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative, and you know it. This has to do with seeing somebody and assuming they are the same as just like the others before even starting the process of vetting

Just my 2 cents.
just vet all incoming to a higher standard..problem solved...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A little thin shelled today?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
Do you need step-by-step instructions on how to use the Private Conversation feature? I ask, because you clearly either do not know how, or you are determined to try and detail the thread by continuing to make off-topic personal comments about another member (me) in a thread that's not at all about that subject.

If you need the step-by-step instructions, I will be happy to provide them. If you want to post your opinions on vetting people from the Middle East, or the perceived racism thereof, you are free to do so. If, on the other hand, you want to continue to try and derail this thread, your posting privileges in this thread will be revoked. I'm fine with whatever decision you make.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Just my 2 cents.
The vetting process itself does that very thing, though. Everyone who wants to come to this country gets vetted. Everyone. People from countries with low risk, of a history of few problems, are assumed to be just like the others from those same countries, and are thus subjected to less intense vetting. Those from countries with a history of problematic issues, or from places with a higher likelihood of potential problems, are assumed to be just like the others who have caused problems in the past, and are subject to more intense vetting.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Just my 2 cents.
The vetting process itself does that very thing, though. Everyone who wants to come to this country gets vetted. Everyone. People from countries with low risk, of a history of few problems, are assumed to be just like the others from those same countries, and are thus subjected to less intense vetting. Those from countries with a history of problematic issues, or from places with a higher likelihood of potential problems, are assumed to be just like the others who have caused problems in the past, and are subject to more intense vetting.
oh my..a common sense approach...how novel and innovative....:rolleyes:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Refugees are woven into the rich fabric of American society, woven, how do you do that???

Here you go,,,check out 50k refugees a year,,,it can't be done that easy,imho

Here you go in a nut shell,,,,who writes this stuff any

Infographic: The Screening Process for Refugee Entry into the United States

If they are such a hurry to integrate into our society, why are there sharia courts popping up in areas that have lots of Muslim immigrants?

We need to break out our secret weapon, bacon, if they refuse to eat a nice big bacon sandwich, send them back to where they came from!!!!

Disclaimer..... I'm not a big bacon person, will eat it but not one of those that think everything is better with bacon....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of vetting, looks like Lawrence will be doing some at the door to the expo. The Expedite Expo 2017 is coming this July 14 - 15 to Lexington, Kentucky exclusively for those in the expedite trucking industry.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If they are such a hurry to integrate into our society, why are there sharia courts popping up in areas that have lots of Muslim immigrants?
Probably for the same reason there are Orthodox Jewish religious courts (Halakha) in areas where there are a lot of Jewish people.
We need to break out our secret weapon, bacon, if they refuse to eat a nice big bacon sandwich, send them back to where they came from!!!!
That would eliminate many Muslims and many Jews, in effect being a religious test, so that's problematic.

On the other hand, it would also eliminate those annoying vegans who feel the obligation to announce their smug veganness to everyone they meet. I could get on board with that.
Disclaimer..... I'm not a big bacon person, will eat it but not one of those that think everything is better with bacon....
Oh, but it is. And if you don't have bacon, bacon grease works just well.

Liver and onions? Just awful.

Liver and onions fried in bacon grease and topped with crumbled bacon? I could eat that. :D