Vetting is a stupiding word

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Vetting some dude in the middle of the Middle East is really dumb...ignorant and so on...How does anyone find out the intent of a persons mind and so on in a world our people have no clue of what is going on there. We, are crazy and Trump had it right,,,or the best intentions, just stop it all till further notice. We do not need any more ISIS kind of folks here.....they all look the same to me...IMHO.

so here you go boys and girls... Happy Days ARE HERE AGAIN...

Iraqi insurgent fighter allegedly lied about identity, got through 'extreme' vetting

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
...they all look the same to me...
What a racist statement!
:mad:
they kind of do to me as well...and we are all white and look the same.....white! as all Blacks are black again same ...I see nothing racist in that...except if you are a liberal trying to make a point...:(

Chinese all look the same...China Korea whatever.....now eastern European those are white...but wear Jesus boots(sandal) in the winter

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
they kind of do to me as well...and we are all white and look the same.....white! as all Blacks are black again same ...I see nothing racist in that...except if you are a liberal trying to make a point...:(

Chinese all look the same...China Korea whatever.....now eastern European those are white...but wear Jesus boots(sandal) in the winter

Sure, but he's placing all middle eastern people in the same circle as ISIS. Now if you said, "I don't want the KKK folks around here, all white people look the same". That implies that all white people are part of the KKK. Same would go with black people and the black panthers, etc etc. That is when it becomes racist.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sure, but he's placing all middle eastern people in the same circle as ISIS. Now if you said, "I don't want the KKK folks around here, all white people look the same". That implies that all white people are part of the KKK. Same would go with black people and the black panthers, etc etc. That is when it becomes racist.
you wear sandals right now ? eh?.....;)

Reactions: Perioodic

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

They are Jerusalem cruisers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you read the entirety of the OP carefully, there's nothing racist in it. The post is about our own inability to fully understand the mindset of another culture with respect to intentions of compatibility with our own. Those who would do us harm do indeed all look the same, they all look exactly the same as those who would not do us harm, which is why vetting them to differentiate them from those who would not do us harm is so difficult, if not impossible. Some might even call tying to do so "ignorant" or "dumb."

The question becomes, is it better to err on the side of caution, or on the side of sparing the feelings of people who have no right to demand entry into this country?

Reactions: FlyingVan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anyone who claims "they all look the same" really isn't looking to hard.
So, if you look really hard, you are able to determine who is a member of ISIS and who is not, be able to differentiate between who would do us harm and who would not?

If that's true, you have the opportunity of a very bright and heroic future with DHS.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
If you read the entirety of the OP carefully, there's nothing racist in it. The post is about our own inability to fully understand the mindset of another culture with respect to intentions of compatibility with our own. Those who would do is harm do indeed all look the same, they all look exactly the same as those who would not do us harm, which is why vetting them to differentiate them from those who would not do us harm is so difficult, if not impossible. Some might even call tying to do so "ignorant" or "dimb."

The question becomes, is it better to err on the side of caution, or on the side of sparing the feelings of people who have no right to demand entry into this country?
And yet another thread I will have to give up following because you must add your 2¢ to everything. Respectfully, do you ever get tired of trying to show that you are smarter than the rest of us?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: ucfd608

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this extra vetting is just another look good, feel good, make the citizens feel secure..because anyone who did border crossing after 9/11 knows its mostly for show.....when in all reality there is no stopping those who would mean to harm us....its all for show...you feel better because they say you should?...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you read the entirety of the OP carefully, there's nothing racist in it. The post is about our own inability to fully understand the mindset of another culture with respect to intentions of compatibility with our own. Those who would do is harm do indeed all look the same, they all look exactly the same as those who would not do us harm, which is why vetting them to differentiate them from those who would not do us harm is so difficult, if not impossible. Some might even call tying to do so "ignorant" or "dimb."

And yet another thread I will have to give up following because you must add your 2¢ to everything. Respectfully, do you ever get tired of trying to show that you are smarter than the rest of us?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
he has a good amount of pennies in the pond....:)

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

So his last sentence, "we don't need any more isis folks around here... they all look the same to me IMHO" isn't racist?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Respectfully, do you ever get tired of trying to show that you are smarter than the rest of us?
Respectfully, when did you stop beating your wife?

Respectfully, I never get tired of voicing my opinion for issues on which I have an opinion. I do not, however, voice my opinion for the ridiculous reason you claim.

Respectfully, do you not know how to use the Private Conversation feature of EO to relay your personal opinion about someone directly to them, instead of derailing a thread to post personal comments about people?

Respectfully, would you like me to take this opportunity to post here my personal opinions of you and your opinions?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Vetting some dude in the middle of the Middle East is really dumb...ignorant and so on...How does anyone find out the intent of a persons mind and so on in a world our people have no clue of what is going on there. We, are crazy and Trump had it right,,,or the best intentions, just stop it all till further notice. We do not need any more ISIS kind of folks here.....they all look the same to me...IMHO.

so here you go boys and girls... Happy Days ARE HERE AGAIN...

Iraqi insurgent fighter allegedly lied about identity, got through 'extreme' vetting
so these converted people of "colour" that now side with Isis....all look the same as say someone from Syria. Iran, Somolia and Israel?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

So his last sentence, "we don't need any more isis folks around here... they all look the same to me IMHO" isn't racist?
Well, I thought I made my thoughts on this matter clear enough, particularly about taking the entire post in context as a whole rather than chopping it up to create a new context, but no, unless "isis folks" is a race, it is not racist.