Verizon Aircard

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most people are on the 5GB plan, where anything over the 5GB's will cost you $.25 per megabyte. The new plans will cost you only $.05 per megabyte over the 5 GB limit. Your old plan will continue to reflect the higher charge unless you call them and tell them you want to change plans to the new one. Changing plans won't affect your plan dates or anything like that. All it will do is cost you 20 cents a MB less if you should happen to go over the 5GB cap.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess I don't "do" enough stuff on the internet OR my "stuff" does not register, but, I have NEVER even got close to my 5gb limit. I must be internet deprived. :p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i was just in an outlet a couple weeks ago..trying to get my unlimited back and no one said a word about the decrease!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
I sure love my AT&T wireless aircard.Unlimited usage for $60.00 a month.I'm sure there are better deals out there, but this works everywhere.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I sure love my AT&T wireless aircard.Unlimited usage for $60.00 a month.I'm sure there are better deals out there, but this works everywhere.
Not that AT&T's aircard plan isn't fascinating, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the plan change at Verizon.

In any case, here are the 3G coverages for AT&T, and then Verizon. "Everywhere" seems to be a relative and subjective term.

Capturea.jpg

AT&T 3G Coverage in dark blue

Capture-3.jpg

Verizon 3G Coverage in dark blue

Nalson61

Not a Member
I was told not to be concerned with those caps. Ever since they announced the limits, I haven't changed my D/Ling habits. I tether my phone to the laptop weekly to DL Entourage,Weeds,Real Time with Bill Maher and True Blood . Those four shows alone run about 2GB four times monthly. Also running HULU 2-3 hours daily. Just checked the logs on Bandwidth Meter Pro and my average monthly usage is about 9-11 GB's and that goes back the last 22 months. I'm on the cheapo plan and like I said, no additional charges as of yet. I can't imagine Usenet would be exempt from the caps, as that's about the only thing I use in large MB usage.

Last edited:

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Not that AT&T's aircard plan isn't fascinating, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the plan change at Verizon.

In any case, here are the 3G coverages for AT&T, and then Verizon. "Everywhere" seems to be a relative and subjective term.

Capturea.jpg

AT&T 3G Coverage in dark blue

Capture-3.jpg

Verizon 3G Coverage in dark blue

Very true . My wife tried an AT&T aircard for 3 days in KY and brought it back and got her money back . She got a Verizon MiFi (also available from Sprint ) and is very happy with it . Mifi is especially good for teams because up to 5 people can use it at once . Carriers: North America

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was told not to be concerned with those caps. Ever since they announced the limits, I haven't changed my D/Ling habits. I tether my phone to the laptop weekly to DL Entourage,Weeds,Real Time with Bill Maher and True Blood . Those four shows alone run about 2GB four times monthly. Also running HULU 2-3 hours daily. Just checked the logs on Bandwidth Meter Pro and my average monthly usage is about 9-11 GB's and that goes back the last 22 months. I'm on the cheapo plan and like I said, no additional charges as of yet. I can't imagine Usenet would be exempt from the caps, as that's about the only thing I use in large MB usage.
Obviously, you're on the old unlimited plan. Don't change a thing about it. If you buy a new aircard, don't let them change your plan. Get it in writing if you have to.

The first month I had my aircard I went about business as usual, downloading movies, TV shows and other stuff. I ended up with 6377 MB's, well over the 5120 cap. The difference of 1257 MB's were summarily charged to me at 25 cents a MB, for a total of an extra $314.25.

Since then I've run it up to 5100 several times, but never over the limit. It's only 5 cents per over the cap now, but even at that, 1257 over is $62.85, which makes a completely separate $59.99 aircard plan a better deal for 10 gigs a month.

Oh, and I also have Internet access at the Flying J, 15 GB per month, which I also usually max out.