Using Expediters Online has helped us.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
When I started out in Expediting back in 1995 Lawrence Mc cord was still driving a cargo and Expediters Online may have been a dream then. Who, would have ever thought that Expediters Online would grow so big and help so many. Mayfield Express would have never grown this big without the use of Expediters Online. I think people take for granted a tool Lawrence has made for everyone to communicate with. We have used EO many times over the years to sell trucks, find drivers, and now Owner Operators.

I would like to say thank you to so many great people and companies that have helped us over the last twenty years to make a dream come true. Thank you Dave Corfman, Glen and Janice Rice, Dan Schultz, Lawrence Mc Cord, John Elliott, Jim Mayfield, William Wendell, James Butler, Jeff Garra, Expediters Online, Ontime Media, Roberts Express/ FedEx Custom Critical, Panther Expedited Services, TST Expedited Services, Youngs Freightliner, Integrity Motor Freight, and so many others.

Once again THANK YOU Lawrence Mc Cord for helping my dream come true.

Mayfield express 92001.jpg10846337_10203180151331558_6416624290551570401_n.jpg1556228_10203098718375785_2071695154222963532_o.jpg

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Using ExpeditersOnline helped Diane and me too!

- We discovered expediting by stumbling upon the EO booth at the MATS truck show in 2003.

- We learned about expediting by spending endless hours devouring information in the EO Open Forum and web site. That information made us much more prepared to enter the business than we otherwise would have been. So much so, in fact, that some people in the Open Forum accused us of being frauds. No one new to the business could be as knowledgeble about it as we were, they said.

- The information we learned about expediting by studying EO helped us to successfully interview with the White Glove people at FedeX Custom Critical on our way from Minnesota to Florida to move into a fleet owner's truck. In a development that shocked the fleet owner, a Qualcomm message came through announcing that Diane and I had been flagged as White Glove contractors; before we ever hauled a load .... before we had driven even one mile in an expediter truck. While our interview skills had something to do with that result, it would not have happened without EO. (BTW, that FedEx decision was well made. We almost immediately became a top producing and exemplary White Glove team).

- As we grew in the trade and gained experience, EO contributed to our success every day by providing ongoing information about the industry. Perhaps more importantly, EO provided a community in which we were part of something bigger than ourselves. It would have been very lonely out there without EO.

- The EO events we attended over the years were delightful. We always came away knowing more and feeling good about the oportunity to mix and mingle with fellow expediters in a fun and upbeat setting.

- By giving me the opportunity to write for the web site and Expedite NOW, EO gave me a creative outlet that made life on the road that much more fun and enabled Diane and I both to give back to the industry and help others along.

- When we left expediting after 10 years on the road, EO helped us sell our truck by providing a place to advertise it in the EO Classifieds.

- Now living the life of four-wheelers in the fitness industry (gym owners, Anytime Fitness Port Orange, FL), EO continues to be a fun and important part of our lives by keeping us connected to people and an industry where we had a blast for 10 years.

Saying thank you, EO, hardly seem enough. Lawrence, EO staff and EO friends have been a wonderful asset and blessing in our lives. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. God bless you all and, as always, be safe!

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I would agree completely with Dave and Phil. EO and the Ontime Media team have been a great resource, learning tool and a part of our success as well. Lawrence has built a great platform.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's comedy and tragedy, wise people and wise guys, real truckers [some of whom drive a van] and newbies - who could ask for anything more? :)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I would agree completely with Dave and Phil. EO and the Ontime Media team have been a great resource, learning tool and a part of our success as well. Lawrence has built a great platform.

John, you have helped many people and owner operators over the years yourself. I will say that you don't look as another small carrier as a competitor, you look as them as a business partner. That is why Load1 has moved into being the number one carrier voted by the drivers and the third largest expedite carrier. Thank you for your help with all the advice you have gave to help Mayfield Express grow.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have no issue working with good quality small carriers. That is part of how we grew in this industry when we were a smaller carrier. Now with that being said, only those who offer good service and operate with proper insurance coverage and by the rules. I have little to no tolerance for those who try and skirt things. They only hurt our industry and the owner operators as a whole. But thank you for the kind words.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I have no issue working with good quality small carriers. That is part of how we grew in this industry when we were a smaller carrier. Now with that being said, only those who offer good service and operate with proper insurance coverage and by the rules. I have little to no tolerance for those who try and skirt things. They only hurt our industry and the owner operators as a whole. But thank you for the kind words.

John

I agree with you 100% on doing it the right way by offering good service to your customers and operating with the right insurance. Following the rules that DOT sets in place is a must. We run e-logs in all of our trucks to stay in compliance with DOT regulations. As your slogan at Load1 says "The future belongs to those who deliver".