UPS Applicants

Patty_Jo

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you for your response to my application. Just wanted to give you some additional information. Above and Beyond Transport is a woman-owned courier service in the Akron, OH area. I would be interested in any opportunities that may occur between service centers and hubs, or service centers and customers. Please let us know if we may be of service to UPS in these areas.

Patty

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>Hello
> I live in Central Calif, was wandering how the market going
>to be for UPS out west. I would like to sign on in either
>straight truck or van
>
>thanks
>
> B Z BOB

Due to the fact that we are still in transition mode from Menlo to UPS, it's really difficult to speculate what type of business, or how much we will have in a particular area. Things should be a lot more clear in the next 6 months, but I would do you an injustice by guessing. ;)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>Thank you for your response to my application. Just wanted
>to give you some additional information. Above and Beyond
>Transport is a woman-owned courier service in the Akron, OH
>area. I would be interested in any opportunities that may
>occur between service centers and hubs, or service centers
>and customers. Please let us know if we may be of service
>to UPS in these areas.
>
>Patty
>
Patty, I will keep you in mind, thanks.
;)

DAN

Seasoned Expediter
I file the pre application 3 weeks ago and no contact yet,do you know if you still need sprinters out of Jacksonville?

superior64

Seasoned Expediter
I currently operate a cargo van and a 16ft box truck. Do you think there is need for this type of equipment in the Indy area? Thanks Jim

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
I've already got two owner operators in Indy...they stay pretty busy, but I would hate to push it, right now anyway. ;)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
That depends on if you want to do OTR or local. I'm actually pretty good for local (airport drops/deliveries) runs in the Indy area, but anticipate needing OTR drivers here in the next month or so. peace....;)

trhoades

Expert Expediter
I am a solo long, tall sprinter driver with 100% cargo area available(no sleeper) out of the Detroit Metro area. I am willing to drive anywhere. (In fact, the more miles the better.) Would you have an opening available? Thx in advance.

DAN

Seasoned Expediter
Do you need a 2006 tall SPRINTER out of Jacksonville Fl?I file a pre application 3 weeks ago but I got no response.Thanks

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Detroit has all of a sudden dried up for us...strange how that happens. With the transition from Menlo customers to UPS customers, I just can't justify hiring anymore drivers, until I'm sure we can keep you busy. PM me for more details. ;)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>Do you need a 2006 tall SPRINTER out of Jacksonville Fl?I
>file a pre application 3 weeks ago but I got no
>response.Thanks

Sorry Dan....Until we get a stronger customer base out of that area, I wouldn't need you there...JAX is a long way from any of our current customer needs...(ATL, birmingham, huntsville)...it would probably quite irresponsible to hire you right now.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Locally, GSP is not the cat's meow...our current customer base is fair to midland, but the sales staff is hitting that area pretty hard, so I would expect much more business in the next month or two.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
Are you guys planning on Picking up many reefer trucks? And if so what would the pay base be for them?
We live in our truck so I don't need to get home but once every 4 months or more, just to pick up things that have been sent to my moms house usually from the company I am driving for like those pesky random test packages I always have to bring with me.

vejhn

Expert Expediter
are you needing vans in the moline ill. davenport ia. area and if so how buisy could you keep a driver?

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
that area is not a very busy one for us at this time. There is no way I could speculate on how busy we could keep a driver in that area, it's always a crapshoot. We currently have very few (less than five) customers within 50 miles of Moline, most of which utilize ST or TT on the runs they do call us for.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
The only area we are hiring straight trucks for right now is Chicago or Southeastern Wisconsin. we are currently paying $1.40/mile, plus fuel surcharge, which is 10%.

BigDiesel

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the response, but what do you mean hiring trucks from Chicago and Wisconsin? Im not sure why where you live is important? Could you explain. Thanks

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>Thanks for the response, but what do you mean hiring trucks
>from Chicago and Wisconsin? Im not sure why where you live
>is important? Could you explain. Thanks

the reason why it's important is because we have specific, regular accounts in these areas...If you live in or near Chicago, it makes it easier for the customers and the drivers. This is a management call, of which I am not. peace
;)