UPS Applicants

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
We would like to apologize to those who have applied online or left a voicemail message stating interest in our company. when we launched on the site September 1st, we had NO IDEA the response would be as it has been, and as a result, haven't been able to get back to applicants as quickly as we would like to. I would like to clarify a few things...(1) we are FOCUSING on Straight truck teams. this doesn't mean that we don't need/want cargo vans or Single straight trucks. (2) while we would like to be able to call back each and every applicant, there's a strong likelyhood that we won't be able to.that's what over 400 applications in two weeks will do! (3) cargo vans/sprinters and solo straight trucks are being hired, just not at the same priority teams are. it seriously depends on where you are located in the country. Again, I apologize on the behalf of my recruiting department, and thank you for the overwhelming interest in UPS Expedite! peace
:)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Solo trucks yes, but not for local runs...as you probably know, that area is usually pretty busy, but the freight is going all over the US. Whoever applies with us needs to be willing to run just about anywhere @ anytime.

targuard86

Expert Expediter
Just wondering.........

jbrbears, are you sanctioned by UPS to speak on their behalf or are you a dispatcher who has taken it upon yourself to come on here and talk up USP?

Some of the things that you have said contradict what UPS's advertisements have said so we need to know if you officially speak for UPS or not? If so, you should apply to have access to the recruiters section.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What about Cargo Vans in Cleveland or Perhaps Erie PA I'm half way between Both On I-90

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

KeepRollin

Expert Expediter
I was looking for a tractor solo position, I called 2 times and everyone seemed very unorganized and I never did get a reponse. Is this how it is there or was everyone just overwhelmed?

Just curious
Todd

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
400 applications in 2 weeks,tells you something,must be a lot of unhappy Expediters, but remember ,The grass always looks greener until you get there.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
I am a dispatcher/recruiter for UPS Expedite, have been here for over 10 years, so I guess you could call me the Senior dispatcher. as I stated above, there was no way we could anticipate the type of response we got, which is why we had to go the route of prioritizing ST teams, and certain areas that are REALLY low on owner operator coverage...If there seems to have been "contradictions", I again apologize for that, but rest assured that everything we posted on the website is in fact, true. Believe me, if you are in an area of the country where we are running LOW on owner operators, you will be getting a call. It may take a week, maybe even 10 days, but you will get a call...peace ;)

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>What about Cargo Vans in Cleveland or Perhaps Erie PA I'm
>half way between Both On I-90

This is an area of need for us...depending on if you want local (airport) runs only, or OTR. We would be able to keep you busier if you preferred to do both, but it's your choice!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Owner/Operator since 1979
>Expediter since 1997
>B Unit Semi Retired
>Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
:) :)

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
You are so correct Rich, unfortunately, once they switch, they'll find out they have to work hard and smart to make it there too. Ain't no free lunch!!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
>DO YOU NEED A 2006 SPRINTER VAN LOCATED IN JACKSONVILLE
>FLORIDA?

For local runs only, not right now. For both local and OTR, yes. ;)

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
,The grass always
>looks greener until you get there.

The grass may be greener but you still need to bring a lawn mower

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>Overwhelmed...

If you would post rates paid to each unit class you'd answer probably half the people filling out the app and reduce the overwhelming response tremendously.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The grass always
>looks greener until you get there.

In this case it should read..... The grass always looks browner until you get there.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Deville

Not a Member
What is the story with the new york metro area, like JFK airport, Newark & and Laquiadia? I run alot of Philly Int'l airport loads to, but your ads had somthing on there about Local airport recovery P/u & delivery runs.

Thats probaly similar to what I'm doing now, so it would intrest me.
Any Info?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I made the call just waiting for the call back

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones