Upgrading to a Class "A"

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hi folks. Sorry about the long time no post....:) Decided to move on to a bigger vehicle. Going to training at MTC in St. Louis and off to drive for Warner with a friend as a team.....So long as my friend is approved through Werner on Monday.:confused: Got tired of the sitting in the van waiting on a load that never came. So....I'll keep on posting let ya'll know what's up. Starting training in the morning. Been doin the Greyhound thing all night so have fun out there!

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Welcome
I wish you the best. If by Chance U were that Person in the Van in Memphis and then in Dallas good for you, Your choice is a good one now just follow through and U will do fine.
:)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yep...the guy in Dallas that DH to memphis to get a load. that'd be me....Got tired of the cat takin craps outside da litter box, so here I am....3 hour layover in Columbus, OH from 2100 to 0100 tonight. only 2hrs 10 min left and I'll be in Memphis at 0830am....lol....got to wait....sux.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
You'll enjoy it I think. If you don't think your trainer is doing a good job training you once you get out in the truck in a few weeks let Werner know. You can request to be reassigned due to poor training on behalf of the trainer and they shouldn't have a problem with it. They may be mad at the trainer, but who cares. Make sure you get what you need before you are out there alone, or with another guy that has limited experience. Good Luck. Plus there are plenty of us here with t/t experience that can give you a few pointers here and there, but it's nothing like a good qualified trainer to show you the ropes.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Thanks ya'll for the support. Nice to know ya got people rooting for ya on the sidelines! Anyway, only been here 2 days and am already taking the permit test today. General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination Vehicles. Hopefully I will pass, but I've been studying and should...........be ok. Well....I gotta get to class in 1/2 hour for the test review, so I'll keep ya'll posted. Only taking the permit test. I also recoment MTC out here in St. Louis to anyone thinking about going to trucking school. The instructors are great people.:D L8R everyone!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Just got my missouri class A permit yesterday! 1st day of driving the big rig is today. Hopefully, I'll be fine. The only main thing I am worried about now, is backing, and the pretrip inspection test. We'll see how the rest of the week goes and I'll let ya'll know from there. At least I've got some good instructors, so I shouldn't have a problem with this. and my class hours have changed from 1500 to 0100. have fun out there!

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Just got my missouri class A permit yesterday! 1st day of driving the big rig is today. Hopefully, I'll be fine. The only main thing I am worried about now, is backing, and the pretrip inspection test. We'll see how the rest of the week goes and I'll let ya'll know from there. At least I've got some good instructors, so I shouldn't have a problem with this. and my class hours have changed from 1500 to 0100. have fun out there!

Good luck. And that GOAL thing, it works even after you have a million miles going forward. Get OUt And Look. You will get pretty good at backing after a few thousand times of doing it. Maybe even sooner.:D

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
How's the big truck driving going? A tip for learning the pre-trip....do it the same way every time. Write down exactly what you need to look at, and do it in the same order. That helps you remember, and helps to eliminate missing something when you're nervous on test day. ;)