Update on scott's xxiv24 surgery.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scott is going into surgery tomorrow afternoon (Friday). They will be removing an entire kidney along with a lymph node. After the surgery they should know if he will need to undergo chemo. At this time it is looking like two or three days in the hospital and three weeks home recovery. The surgery is taking place at IU hospital in Indianapolis. I should know his room number tomorrow night, his mom is supposed to call with an update on his status.

Please keep Scott in your prayers or think positive thoughts for him whichever is more your style.,

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just heard from Scott. Surgery went ok, "like I've been kicked in the gut by an angry mule".

No cancer in the node, but docs haven't decided completely on chemo. Now, he just has to survive the food.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Steve do me a favor and let scott know the text on my phone is screwed up. I only have like one line of letters I can use he had know idea what I was trying to text back.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Steve do me a favor and let scott know the text on my phone is screwed up. I only have like one line of letters I can use he had know idea what I was trying to text back.

Will do.

guido4475

Not a Member
It was done once before by Cheri, I believe, so would anyone object to me putting his home address on here, (last address that was posted on here) so we can mail him what kind of money we can afford? I'm thinking he may be a little low on cash.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
It was done once before by Cheri, I believe, so would anyone object to me putting his home address on here, (last address that was posted on here) so we can mail him what kind of money we can afford? I'm thinking he may be a little low on cash.

I'd avoid putting his address on here Dave. If anyone wants to send any monetary assistance, send it to Load 1 and they can forward it.

Once John sees this, he can specify to whom it should be sent.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've also done the nephrectomy [kidney removal] thing, so I know how Scott feels - food isn't a priority, lol. Good pain control is - hope he's getting it, so he'll get back on his feet quickly. If you're reading this, Scott: be nice to the nurses, they have the keys to the pain meds. ;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
You can send to the office or drop it off to me and we can make sure he gets it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got off the phone with Scott, he is in good spirits! They are doing a biopsy on the kidney cyst doc said about a 20 percent chance it isn't cancer, if he is he will need to do chemo. Of course it hurt him to laugh. At this time they are expecting to send him home tomorrow. Cherri I told him you said be nice to the nurses they control the drugs. He was about three hours in surgery and about the same in recovery.

Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Going home tomorrow?! Wow - he must have had the 'keyhole' [laparoscopy] surgery. I had the older kind, with a scar from front to back - and they removed the lowest rib, too. [I asked if they'd take out one on the other side as well so I wouldn't be lopsided, but they just laughed. I hate doctors!]
I still have Scott's address, I need to find a funny card to send. Yes, it hurts to laugh, but the alternative would be so much worse...
;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They did about a 4 inch incision by his navel and a half moon type of thing that was just several holes I think he said.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Yes, I was ravenously assaulted by "THE CLAW". It has in turn left me feeling rather poorly at the moment, but on the mend...the best part of my stay so far was having 7 nurses sometimes 2 and 3 at a time fail to get blood from me....i was ready to advise them to go get leeches...wow.
I am still alot sore but recovery will be fast i think. 3 weeks. All for now, oddly i seem to have a tummy ache. Ya'll have a good one!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Glad it went as well as could have hoped. Most men don't complain about having 7 nurses bedside!