Underbody Boxes

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I have a 48x21x24 diamond plate, two-latch toolbox, and am looking to find at least one more. Don't know if these were something that Bentz affixed when they attached their sleepers to trucks or not, but I am frustrated at not being able to find them.

Anyone have any ideas where I might find them?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Truck and Tow Detroit has them listed.

So does Northern Tool.

Truck paper has ads for them.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Tractor Supply is also a good source for storage boxes. Don't forget to put some styrofoam insulstion in em to help keep em dry.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have Sturdy Lite boxes that we have had on this truck almost 5 years that have never leaked. They will be going with us to our next truck as they were a very good investment.

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
I'm looking to buy two underbody storage boxes and I got some questions.

How do you have them installed? I have read that you can not drill holes through the frame to install the bracket.

How hard is it to install it? Should I let a professional handle installation?

Any help or web links to help me install them will be appreciated :)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have an unused, large, chrome underbody box to get rid of. It was purchased for a new truck but did not fit right given the sleeper configuration. It sits in a shed in Minnesota, about 15 minutes south of I-494 loop in the Twin Cities. The trucker who is able to pick it up will get it for a good price.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't remember the brand name now but I had black composite boxes that weighed much less than the metal boxes but did as good a job of carrying stuff. Less weight means less fuel consumption and less loss of tare weight.