Turbo3000D

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
does anyone have this on their truck? If so what has been
your experience with it? Does it really save you fuel?
Increase your HP? any thing you know would be
appreciated.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
does anyone have this on their truck? If so what has been
your experience with it? Does it really save you fuel?
Increase your HP? any thing you know would be
appreciated.

Google turbo 3000D,go in the forum and see how many people waisted their money

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I guess we are ones that wasted our money and still have our heads in the sand. We have had the Turbo D for a year on and off. We started listening to all the hype we had made a bad choice so we took the Turbo D off for a month. We put the Turbo D back on and it has not been off again. We did see a slight increase if fuel mileage not the 10% they guarantee as we are all ready getting great fuel mileage. The reason we like the Turbo D is the way the motor runs so much smoother.

I believe that the Turbo D does help some motors and others it does nothing for. They do have a great return policy so if you try do not like it you can return and get your money back.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Thanks for your replies. We saw this at the truck parts
place the other day and were just curious if it really
works. I did google this and found a few things about it
nothing that could help me to know if it works or not.

I will try to research this a little more before we buy.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Funny , I had exactly the same experience as TC,
on the Columbia with the Bavarian Engine.
took it off for 10 weeks , and as i got it back on , it was like driving a different engine ,smoother ...
fuel millage was about 2% better, on a 35K/M
more then enough to pay for it.

this is only one step needed to be taken for fuel millage improvement,

Moose.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Moose weather conditions can get you the same 2%

Yes.
there are many things that can add or reduced 2%.
i have eliminate as mach of them as i could.
it was on a dedicated run+- , fueling @ the same places,Ext. ,Ext,
i had it on the truck for 5 months ,till i got to the point where i new my millage very well ,and had a good chance to test it right ,
the 2% are on the very low side of the results , and with the total reduced of the Mercedes Engine raveling ,
it was a wise investment in that case.
one have to wonder what stand behind the aggressive advertisement campaign this product have,for years now.
if it was so good of a product ,you will see it on most new engine.

Moose.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
if it was so good of a product ,you will see it on most new engine.

That very question is asked in the FAQ on the Turbo300D Web page, and the finely crated non-answer-answer is worthy of a Washington politician.

Why aren't any of the main engine manufacturer's currently using the TURBO3000D?

The TURBO 3000D is a patented product that reduces emissions and increases fuel economy.
(Is that just general marketing information, or is the actual reason engine manufacturers don't use it is because is reduces emissions and increases fuel economy?)

Engine manufacturers generally will not change engine specifications unless government mandated or if cost necessitates.
(Well, since the Turbo3000D is purported to not have any effect on engine specifications and warranty issues, this is pretty much irrelevant. Sounds good tho.)

Additionally, since this is patented technology, it would first have to be purchased from TURBO 3000D before it could be installed.
(So the engine manufacturers won't use it in their engines because they'd have to buy it from Turbo 3000D? That's either arrogant, or whiny, one or the other. It's not like the thing couldn't be reversed engineered, anyway.)

On the "How it Works" page, that one reads like it was pulled from a carnival barker's manual with parts stolen from a con man's instruction sheet. It misdirects, completely, by telling you how an engine and fuel injectors work, pounding home that it's all about the fuel atomization from the injectors into the cylinder. Then it goes on to say that the Turbo3000D somehow, almost as if by magic, it manages to have an effect on injector atomization by redirecting the flow of fuel well before the fuel gets to the injectors.

But wait! There's more! The Turbo 3000D provides the fuel injector with an efficient delivery of fuel reducing all of the effects which create streaming at the fuel injector, even though the Turbo 3000D doesn't restrict or enhance the flow of fuel in any way. It's Amazing!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have to agree with the others. When I see it on a manufacturers engine, then I would give it another look.
Until then, it belongs on the shelve with the brake lube and blinker fluid.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is how we look at it if everything we have put on our truck had been put on at the factory we could not have afforded to buy a truck. We are taking the bottom of the line equipment the manufacture installs and as those pieces go bad or as we can afford to upgrade we are doing that. We are specing our next truck with many more options but we still will have to add better built parts after we get the truck. If our next truck came with all of the options on it that we want we would not be able to afford it. After we get the truck I am sure we will replace the muffler and also add a few items that Bob can install himself a lot cheaper than the manufacturer can.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Just google fuel saving devices,they are all a scam,some even loose mileage.if you want to save fuel,keep your motor tuned up,air in your tires,dont take off from a start as if you are going to a race,you dont have to run your rpms to the max before shifting gears.There are so many things that in changing your driving habbits,that can increase your fuel mileage,and save you significant money every month.Best way to save money,give your drivers a % of the savings.In just slowing the truck down,not only will save fuel,will also make your tires last longer,fan belts last longer,oil change at longer intervals.Cat recomends changing your oil at 2500 gallons of fuel,in a years time,changing your oil 1 less time doesnt seem like much,but in the high cost of operation in todays world,every dime saved is a big help

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Steve I agree with all of your ideas above and they all work. Many trucks that are not speced by the buyer are speced for resale value not with fuel mileage in mind. Most salesmen you talk still are trying to learn the fuel mileage game. I do not care what our trucks resale value is as we are going to drive it long enough it will not have much value. I want to make our money in our largest cost fuel.

The first year we had this truck the average mpg was 8.8 and this month our average mpg is going to be 10.5 that did not happen all by itself. We have always driven slowly, we have always driven as if there is an egg under the throttle, the truck is well maintained and the tire pressure is checked often. We have upgraded many of the trucks OEM parts and it shows in our fuel mileage and savings.

We will continue to research and evaluate parts to put on our truck to keep improving our fuel mileage till the day we sell it. Some of our parts will change to our new truck but all of our knowledge that we have gained by trying to new things and ideas will go with us.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok

U should always check your tire pressuer with a gage for your pre-trip. Do ya? '

As keeping the foot outa the throttle great it works.

Shutting off the AC in town driving and rolling down the windows while in town helps too.

Here is somthing maybe some will admit to and some wont,

Its off the subject but its true. If you got a bad injector and you add a little lucas inj cleaner it will run better.

Its not a cure though.

That 3000 gimic might as well go buy some magnets and put them around your fuel lines as well as they will help just as much. Right.'

Change your air fliter youll do better than the Turbo 3000 or the magnets.

Also if you use summer drives in the summer vice the traditional knobs youll get a bit better fuel milage as well.

One last thing Night Said it First and Best KEEP your FOOT outa the Throttle it can make for a savings of 200 to 300 bucks in a run. Truth.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think "vice" is mangledeese conglomeration of "visa versa" and "versus" where just versus could have been used (even though versus is grammatically incorrect), and "knobs" is 'I'm so cool 'cause I use neat keen supercool and groovy metaphors' for "tires" ('cause if you're a giant, the wheels on a big truck will look like the knobs on a radio to a normal person.) :D

"Also, if you use the smooth tires on your drives in the summer versus (instead of) the traditional tires with heavily grooved tread, you'll get a bit better fuel mileage, as well."

Then again, if the smooth tires are super smoothies, meaning no tread at all, under dry conditions on paved roads these tires will give better traction than traditional treaded tires be virtue of the increased larger area of contact being available to develop the frictional forces. More contact = more friction, so I dunno about the improved fuel mileage with super smoothies. In any case, smooth tires will give you zero traction on wet roads, so that's something to consider.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think "vice" is mangledeese conglomeration of "visa versa" and "versus" where just versus could have been used (even though versus is grammatically incorrect), and "knobs" is 'I'm so cool 'cause I use neat keen supercool and groovy metaphors' for "tires" ('cause if you're a giant, the wheels on a big truck will look like the knobs on a radio to a normal person.) :D

"Also, if you use the smooth tires on your drives in the summer versus (instead of) the traditional tires with heavily grooved tread, you'll get a bit better fuel mileage, as well."

Then again, if the smooth tires are super smoothies, meaning no tread at all, under dry conditions on paved roads these tires will give better traction than traditional treaded tires be virtue of the increased larger area of contact being available to develop the frictional forces. More contact = more friction, so I dunno about the improved fuel mileage with super smoothies. In any case, smooth tires will give you zero traction on wet roads, so that's something to consider.

There are summer drive tires that dont have knobs like your traditional drive tires.