Truckstop Fitness centers

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Can someone tell me if I should get a membership to YMCA or are the truckstop fitness centers a good way to stay fit OTR. are they open all night? Are they free? Are they common, or few and far between?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Few and far between, I would take a look at anytime fitness. I think you will find them.more widespread than the YMCA and you get a card for 24 hour access.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Thanks for info..didnt realize there were almost 1900 Anttime Fitness centers open 24 hrs.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I use the t/a centers from time to time when i find them.

Carry some dumbells when you drive and park way out at truckstops and get you cardio by the walk/jog/run in.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Carry some dumbells when you drive and park way out at truckstops and get you cardio by the walk/jog/run in.

In addition to walking, we carry resistance bands. Easy to store and we can customize our workout.

We stay away from the restaurants, too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
One good thing about a gym membership is that it's a free shower if you have no credits. Well, free if you'd have the membership otherwise. It's a perk on top of the other benefits.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Im getting my workout on Ive been to the Doc and hes says SON......ya wanna live a long time, I said YUP, he says ya drive a truck for a living, I says YUP, he says you better get your fat butt outta the seat once in a while and walk....Malls are a good place to walk except when you go two laps past the Cinnabun store...Im going to be walking more when I can, wherever I can.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Im getting my workout on Ive been to the Doc and hes says SON......ya wanna live a long time, I said YUP, he says ya drive a truck for a living, I says YUP, he says you better get your fat butt outta the seat once in a while and walk....Malls are a good place to walk except when you go two laps past the Cinnabun store...Im going to be walking more when I can, wherever I can.

I think we might go to the sae doctor..heck my wife and adult kids are now busting on me almost DAILY...have 3 new grand kids and everyone figures i need to stick around for a while yet...Sooo...yea i need to get out and walk...and i do, but not fast enough to get my heart rate up or long enough to make it make a dfference...motivation, yeap thats it!!! Need to "motivate myself...but dang, those "cinnabuns" do taste sooo good....:D

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I think we might go to the sae doctor..heck my wife and adult kids are now busting on me almost DAILY...have 3 new grand kids and everyone figures i need to stick around for a while yet...Sooo...yea i need to get out and walk...and i do, but not fast enough to get my heart rate up or long enough to make it make a dfference...motivation, yeap thats it!!! Need to "motivate myself...but dang, those "cinnabuns" do taste sooo good....:D

Six times around the entire perimeter of most truckstops and WallyWorld parking lots. If it's hot, break the walk into 2 parts, half in the morning, half in the evening. While in Laredo, we do 2 times around the J, twice around Pilot, twice around T/A. Water...water water water...we humans tend not to drink enough plain, non-carbonated, unflavored, decaffeinated WATER.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Get a Ultra One fuel card from TA/Petro so that you can use their exercise rooms for free. They are slowly expanding these room and they are adding maps for walking trails.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Six times around the entire perimeter of most truckstops and WallyWorld parking lots. If it's hot, break the walk into 2 parts, half in the morning, half in the evening. While in Laredo, we do 2 times around the J, twice around Pilot, twice around T/A. Water...water water water...we humans tend not to drink enough plain, non-carbonated, unflavored, decaffeinated WATER.

I drive my truck from the back of the truck stop to the frot of the truck stop when I need to go inside. I do the same thing at Wal-Mart and look at the medical situation that i'm in now. I better do some more walking myself!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The Key is to not drop the two Cinnabuns as your walking fast pumping your ams.....Ive been walking a mile, riding 2-3 miles on my bike, Im not ready for the truck stop marathon, but if yopu see me sitting some time and you wanna walk let me know, its always better with someone to chat, Ive gained weight over the winter as always for about 10 years and Ive always been active in summer but as we age that spare tires has turned into something the STA PUFF man would be proud of....I do drink water or juice mostly, soda is gone, Goodbye Dr Pepper....Hello Aqua-Fina....

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Get a Ultra One fuel card from TA/Petro so that you can use their exercise rooms for free. They are slowly expanding these room and they are adding maps for walking trails.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Im gonna be filming all this walking Im hearing about and post it later. do i need a 8 hr battery? All seriousness aside,,,anyone got a new name for the new walking club ?