Trucks passing in the night

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Broom:

I have a 2004 GM product and it does not have automatic headlights. Greg's van uses the headlights as day time running lights. The switch for this is located at the base of the parking brake pedal and can be bypassed and a toggle switch installed on the dash. I did this with my 1998 Chevy van.

Again I will state that I personally don't like to be hit with the bright white light. At least not until I'm dead.

DanJ

Seasoned Expediter
I don't have an issue with a driver flashing me the high beams since I'm not staring into the mirror, I glance at it. I also give a quick flash of my high beams, since my truck also has daytime lights. But it's a quick on and off motion, where the brights aren't on for more than a quarter of a second. Just enough to actually light up and go off again. If someone has an issue with that, they are probably bored and looking for something to moan about.

But I also don't flash until I want the guy to come back over. Some flash as soon as a trailer is clear of their front bumper. I usually wait at least a truck length to flash. Some come back over before that which is up to them, but I prefer some breathing room.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>If someone has an issue with that, they are probably bored
>and looking for something to moan about.

How true!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>>If someone has an issue with that, they are probably bored
>>and looking for something to moan about.
>
>
>How true!

How very true!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>>>If someone has an issue with that, they are probably bored
>>>and looking for something to moan about.

Ahhhh jeeeez, mooooan, moooan. My eyes hurt. I'm bored. Waaaaaa!

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
Flashing passing trucks back into their lane is not necessary on a four lane road. Do any of you know why this custom used to be necessary?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
NO flashing High beams at night. Please....a quick on/off of the headlights or nothing at all.

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
>Just a traditional courtesy.

No it is not just a traditional courtesy, be fore there were interstates all we had were two lane roads and under powered trucks. when you had to pass a slower truck they would turn on their left turn signal to let you know it was clear, when you cleared their front bumper they would flash their lights off and on so you could get back over. Most roads had a lot of blind curves so every one had to get back into their lane as soon as possible.