Truckers Continue Protesting for Better Pay

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
What ya mean won't help? Just by making the headlines bring attention to what ever their cause is. Article doesn't touch on any of that. The public now knows there is a problem and how fast it can affect them.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It will effect change...it will speed up the self driving trucks

I think they're coming faster than anyone thinks, I'm just enjoying the present state of things and making sure I don't invest too much in a dying industry

People are clueless tho...i mean do you eat? Do you live in a building? Do you use anything in your daily life that was manufactured or produced? They don't get that every single move they make came off the back of a truck at some point...maybe a short term pay boost like fuel surcharge is coming, fingers crossed

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
they should join ooida, they work at fixing things

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
About the self driving, they've already opened up the door in my province...saving up for a driverless van, I'll ride it and become a tourist...but no government or union can save us from those desperate ones willing to drive for cheap, or slow it down, it's already happening

Reactions: Moot

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It will be market and government driven. Watch when elected officials begin to invest in the technologies. Another one of those, follow the money. Kind of like "green energy"

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It will be market and government driven. Watch when elected officials begin to invest in the technologies. Another one of those, follow the money. Kind of like "green energy"
Well, Uber and Tesla have billions to invest and there's not one trucking company I know of that wouldn't jump at the chance to eliminate drivers...life will just keep getting more interesting I guess

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
I agree if Truckers United change will come ... Just imagine if all trucks stop for 1 day!
I think that would be enough to bump rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Or the yellow Penske's would be in heaven

(Just being negative if ALL trucks did stop we'd get a result)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
General strikes do nothing but put alot of good people out of business.
Lots of folks losing it now on a daily basis, so I'm thinking that statement is kind of a wash. I do agree a strike is never a good thing at all. But something has to break soon.
We, meaning the labors of this business, (drivers/owners) have done nothing but go backwards for the last several years. There has been no real gain that I can see. How long are we going to keep living the lie that ya gotta prepare for the bad week. The bad week has turned into 2 or 3 bad weeks with 1 good.. Now tell me how you get 1 good week out of 3 bad weeks? When we use to have a bad week it was possible to recover from it by turning a few good weeks..That ain't happening anymore.
Carriers/brokers, (what ever ya wanna call em) can recoup money since they control the money in many ways.
What is left for us to try to control?
Beer money, Nope that's been cut.
Taking the kids somewhere, Nope that's been cut.
Getting one good meal while living out here daily, Nope that's been cut.
Maintaining your equipt in a proper and timely fashion, Nope that's being cut also.
Take a short cut thru the woods to save miles? Nope those miles are being peeled on both ends of the load at a higher rate then ever.
When was the last time this industry had a general bump in pay?
But hey, let the corporate perks and jobs keep growing. Maybe sometime we will all be invited to a golf outing and everything will be better.
I'm sorry but I don't buy this song and dance that its slow. This answer has been in the top pocket of every dispatcher I have ever known.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Queen Hillary well fix it. Open the floor gates and they be hauling for 25 cents a mile. I told u so...........

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Queen Hillary well fix it. Open the floor gates and they be hauling for 25 cents a mile. I told u so...........
And the Donald with his walls will stop the slide in rates?

This is a very complicated issue with no easy answers.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Our French bothers had the right Ideal a few years ago.They drove into all the fuel stops and parked there trucks and walked away until they got there rates increased.The Govt couldn't tow the all,the public couldn't get gas,it didn't take long to get to the table to work out a deal. P. S. they didn't haul any freight and they didn't care who they pissed out.Thats the what its take to get Action not just whisky washy talk.Truck Driver United ha,you guys let every Pensky Yellow truck driver come here and destroy your way of life take your jobs steal your livelyhood.They doing so good they all when and got Sprinters so they could blend in. Lets wait for the Govt to act....LOL.Please run out and buy a Lottery ticket.I can sleep better at nite knowing someone running up and down the interstate with the freight we used to haul. Remember 50 cents a mile to good wages in a third world country,like Michigan. Give them Hell Harry... Vote for Trump,let make America Great Again,this is the most important election in our life.I approve this message.

Last edited: