Truckers Continue Protesting for Better Pay

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I don't know anyone running for .50 on purpose, some are forced into it maybe?
But anyone doing it or paying it deserves to be insulted. :D

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know anyone running for .50 on purpose, some are forced into it maybe?
But anyone doing it or paying it deserves to be insulted. :D
I agree, but to insult the entire working population of a state to make a point, I, for one, find unnecessary.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If he insulted all the HARD WORKING men and women of Michigan he didn't insult the whole state.
He insulted maybe 25% of the state.
And 50%of the Lions and Red Wings.

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And 50%of the Lions and Red Wings.
This I can agree with...... Go Tigers!!!!!!

41cdGDg38fL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't let my stuff to be shipped by self driving trucks... I want to make sure my package arrives at its destination on time and in one piece...
In the beginning it will be fun to watch...whether angry truckers attack them or people try and rob them...but it's coming, Audi has one ready and Volvo supposedly is releasing one (car) for 2017...the convoys are already being tested on highways in Europe

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
If you have issues with wages paid by brokers the don't run their freight. Pissing off the public won't help anything.
Any group of any mindset that shuts down a freeway or a major intersection only brings hate upon themselves.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
What ya mean won't help? Just by making the headlines bring attention to what ever their cause is. Article doesn't touch on any of that. The public now knows there is a problem and how fast it can affect them.
Like the public cares? All everyone wants is to get to work on time, nobody cares about a select groups issues.

Reactions: Windsor

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
It will effect change...it will speed up the self driving trucks

I think they're coming faster than anyone thinks, I'm just enjoying the present state of things and making sure I don't invest too much in a dying industry

People are clueless tho...i mean do you eat? Do you live in a building? Do you use anything in your daily life that was manufactured or produced? They don't get that every single move they make came off the back of a truck at some point...maybe a short term pay boost like fuel surcharge is coming, fingers crossed
The public is clueless, they don't care about trucks except for getting around us on the road.

Reactions: Windsor

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Lots of folks losing it now on a daily basis, so I'm thinking that statement is kind of a wash. I do agree a strike is never a good thing at all. But something has to break soon.
We, meaning the labors of this business, (drivers/owners) have done nothing but go backwards for the last several years. There has been no real gain that I can see. How long are we going to keep living the lie that ya gotta prepare for the bad week. The bad week has turned into 2 or 3 bad weeks with 1 good.. Now tell me how you get 1 good week out of 3 bad weeks? When we use to have a bad week it was possible to recover from it by turning a few good weeks..That ain't happening anymore.
Carriers/brokers, (what ever ya wanna call em) can recoup money since they control the money in many ways.
What is left for us to try to control?
Beer money, Nope that's been cut.
Taking the kids somewhere, Nope that's been cut.
Getting one good meal while living out here daily, Nope that's been cut.
Maintaining your equipt in a proper and timely fashion, Nope that's being cut also.
Take a short cut thru the woods to save miles? Nope those miles are being peeled on both ends of the load at a higher rate then ever.
When was the last time this industry had a general bump in pay?
But hey, let the corporate perks and jobs keep growing. Maybe sometime we will all be invited to a golf outing and everything will be better.
I'm sorry but I don't buy this song and dance that its slow. This answer has been in the top pocket of every dispatcher I have ever known.
Try 2 or 3 bad MONTHS into 1 good month. That's what happening.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Try 2 or 3 bad MONTHS into 1 good month. That's what happening.
I haven't had a good month all year, so I used weeks in my equation. But both equations come out nearly the same. Give or take a week.
As far as the public, I could give a rats a** about them and if they get butt hurt because their commute is disrupted by these guys. Using your equation, I would think you would be more then happy to see some group standing up for what ever it is they are after.
As far as trying to get around another vehicle, I can only assume you haven't been paying attention to truck drivers lately.. Seems like better then 90% of the truck drivers I see can't stand to have someone in front of them either. Pay attention and you will see truck drivers as a whole (majority) do not leave any safety margin between them and the vehicle in front of them. Seen 3 wrecks this week alone, all caused by truck drivers. Witnessed 1 one of them.

Reactions: ajakapari