Truckers are the worst tailgaters ....

clcooper

Expert Expediter
But the real question is would you find an equal number of accidents caused by professional car drivers? Pro's should be held to a higher standard than Joe Smoe imo.

??? professional should be held to a higher standard ??? is that like the ones that make the laws should be held to a higher standard??

but What is a professional ??

i know a little off topic .

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of tailgaters, we got slowed down to a crawl today so traffic could gawk across the median at a 10 car wreck in the northbound lane of I-35 in Austin. All were nested neatly into the trunk of the car in front of them. It was in the fast lane and most of those involved were standing outside of their cars. All were in the immortal group. You know them, age 25 to 35, usually white, usually male, usually in a BMW or other small fast foreign badged sedan. Immortals live in a 30 mile radius of all major cities, they can cross four lanes at a single bound, exit from any lane, enter the road into any lane, apparently have a letter from the governor allowing them to exceed any speed limit by 25+ mph, are required to maintain one foot, per ten MPH, behind the car in front of them so as to emulate a trailer. They are called immortals because they are, they think, death proof. They are the reason for a strange anomaly on the highways where traffic runs near the speed limit in the country and then accelerates when it reaches a metro area. Next time you are in the outside lane and someone crosses three lanes to suddenly brake and exit in front of you; congratulations, you have just met an immortal.
Glad I purged that from my system, I feel better.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is the guy or gal who makes a living driving. They should know better than those who don't make a living driving.

Tell that to NASCAR, they have yet to get turning left correct! They fall under into "professional" group don't they? :p

moose

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of tailgaters, we got slowed down to a crawl today so traffic could gawk across the median at a 10 car wreck in the northbound lane of I-35 in Austin. All were nested neatly into the trunk of the car in front of them. It was in the fast lane and most of those involved were standing outside of their cars. All were in the immortal group. You know them, age 25 to 35, usually white, usually male, usually in a BMW or other small fast foreign badged sedan. Immortals live in a 30 mile radius of all major cities, they can cross four lanes at a single bound, exit from any lane, enter the road into any lane, apparently have a letter from the governor allowing them to exceed any speed limit by 25+ mph, are required to maintain one foot, per ten MPH, behind the car in front of them so as to emulate a trailer. They are called immortals because they are, they think, death proof. They are the reason for a strange anomaly on the highways where traffic runs near the speed limit in the country and then accelerates when it reaches a metro area. Next time you are in the outside lane and someone crosses three lanes to suddenly brake and exit in front of you; congratulations, you have just met an immortal.
Glad I purged that from my system, I feel better.

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/37126-vally-kamikaze.html