truck stop bums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
i'm trying very hard to stay on the dave ramsey plan, but turning off the xm radio hurt.
now i just listen to the tires on the road. and listen for funny noises that the truck makes.
however i have only 4 more payments, and the truck is finished.

Good for you. I hope it runs for years after it is payed off. I could not make it without XM, I would wreck. I am just not that good.

termite289

Expert Expediter
well, i do a lot of online while im down.
i downloaded everything Garth brooks ever did, and lots of other stuff, and burned 164 songs onto a cd, in mp3 format, then plopped it into my mp3 playing radio, and have 8 hours of country, and a few with some old rock.
but i was a talk radio guy, and im starting to have news withdrawals.
i miss quin and rose, and glen beck, and now i cant here dave ramsey. so this is brutal. but the wife said if she couldn't have cable tv, why do i get cable radio. to which i said fair point. and turned it off.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
well, i do a lot of online while im down.
i downloaded everything Garth brooks ever did, and lots of other stuff, and burned 164 songs onto a cd, in mp3 format, then plopped it into my mp3 playing radio, and have 8 hours of country, and a few with some old rock.
but i was a talk radio guy, and im starting to have news withdrawals.
i miss quin and rose, and glen beck, and now i cant here dave ramsey. so this is brutal. but the wife said if she couldn't have cable tv, why do i get cable radio. to which i said fair point. and turned it off.

I understand. Mrs. Layout uses XM as much as I do, so I can get away with it.

termite289

Expert Expediter
it's just part of the rice and beans budget.
soon we will be past this part for ever, and ill get it back then.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When I was leased on with Panther I used to keep a set of old messed up clothes with me in the van that I would change into and stand on the freeway offramps begging for spare change. Then I'd get a quick call from dispatch about 4 days later and have to go running to the van and change back into my regular clothes. It was a nice gig at the time!! Just kidding!

Any how, a man who stands out in the street with a sign is a working man. He is not just sitting on the curb collecting a welfare check; think about that some time!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I was leased on with Panther I used to keep a set of old messed up clothes with me in the van that I would change into and stand on the freeway offramps begging for spare change. Then I'd get a quick call from dispatch about 4 days later and have to go running to the van and change back into my regular clothes. It was a nice gig at the time!! Just kidding!

Any how, a man who stands out in the street with a sign is a working man. He is not just sitting on the curb collecting a welfare check; think about that some time!

I have thought about it, most likely he is still collecting that welfare check AND begging for a living.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
i downloaded everything Garth brooks ever did, ...

If I listened to 1/100th of everything Garth Brooks ever did, I'd have a horrible collision, because I'd intentionally roll the van. The sound of screaming, tires screeching, glass shattering, and metal twisting would be far preferable to that cattarwauling.

and have 8 hours of country, and glen beck, and now i cant here dave ramsey.
When I had XM, they'd play Glenn Beck (used to like him, now, not so much) and then replay Mike McConnell's show. Had it perfect. Then when they took McConnell off, I canceled. Dave Ramsey is ok in small quantities.