TRISTATE ...when???

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
No more refusal status at PHANTER II???You can refuse 10 loads and you still keep your position???That is great!!!Hopefully TriState will do same......It is just not fair that after you wait 2 days for a load , they ofering you a 180 mile load going in a bad area and if you refuse it, they put you in 8 hour refusal status.
Way to go Phanter!!!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It is just not fair that after you wait 2 days for a load , they ofering you a 180 mile load going in a bad area and if you refuse it, they put you in 8 hour refusal status.
Man, I'll tell ya .... with as many vans as Panther has sitting in various boards in the Midwest right at the moment (upside down on loads to vans) .... and sitting for two days, I think I'd probably be jumpin' on that 180 miler just to "get the flow going" ..... ya can never tell what might be on the other end .....

Where, pray tell were you sitting when the load offer came in (home by chance ?) ..... and where was the load going ?

How many vans on the destination board .... and how many loads per day was the destination board showing ?

Wait a minute ...... who do ya drive for ?

R

rangell218

I am glad panther did away with refusal status I really dont see tri-state doing it they use it to much, they know if you sit awhile they can bid lower and get someone to take it. and yes there will always be that someone to take it, there are alot of bottom feeders out there. tri-state always ask drivers to take a lower price load and someone always hauls it, but has anyone every heard/seen/or think they take a cost cut, they do have a 275 mile team load min without a refusal. and in case your woundering I drive for tri-state

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Times are tough and freight is scarce compared to what it normally is this time of year. Sometimes it's wiser to take a load that you might feel is 'beneath your expetations' rather than sit and not get a load at all. Maybe you might not make as much money on the load that you'd like but sometimes 'something is better than nothing'.

Yes, I'm a Tri-State owner & driver. Yes, I also am not thrilled with some of their rules & policies but I accept them & deal with it. Every expedite company out there has their own rules & policies...whether we, as drivers or owners, like them or not.
Tri-State is up front with all drivers in their orientation and states that it's their policy to put you on a 8 hour 'penalty' if you turn down what they feel is a legitimate load offer. Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here but if you don't like a company's policy or feel that it's not fair or something that you can live with, then don't sign on with them.

Reactions: 1 person

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I just took a 174 mile load from Panther. I was glad to get it. A lot of times I take loads that suck, and they turn into something great.

Something here puzzles me though...

I wonder why Panther is informing Tristate drivers about this new policy, and not letting us Panther drivers know about it.

Actually it would be more accurate for me to say I don't believe it period. But hey, I have been wrong once before, or was I just mistaken?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No more refusal status at PHANTER II???You can refuse 10 loads and you still keep your position???That is great!!!

Settle down there Mike!!! As I understand it, if one refuses a discounted load, one will not be charged for the refusal. I also believe this only applies to Panther Pals.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Well to my understanding and the last call placed to the relations dept at panther, it has nothing to do with discounted rate load offers, it applies to all load offers, which in my opinion is a bunch of crap, might as well start giving first outs back like candy, I understand in some situations but not all situations, well all the crybaby cherrypickers will be happy about it, all they have to do now is wait it out and sit in their position and pick through every load offered to an area and never lose board position.:mad:

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Settle down there Mike!!! As I understand it, if one refuses a discounted load, one will not be charged for the refusal. I also believe this only applies to Panther Pals.

I knew I should have joined the Pals. Panther has still not mentioned this new policy to me. Now I am sorry I paid for Jeff and Andy's dinner last night.

I should take them out of my will.

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Must be something Panther is keeping secret as I too have not heard a word about this new refusal policy!

aileron

Expert Expediter
I was with panther a few years back and I got an e-mail from a recruiter a couple of months ago that they want me back, that they changed a few things and I would like them. And one of the changes was that you don't loose your board position for a refusal. I don't know why they wouldn't let their own drivers know about changes...

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Well after a lil sleep and double checking my statements, I was correct, you can refuse ANY load and not lose your current board position, BUT you will be hit with a refusal if it falls in the eligible refusal group, thus being said I stand behind my earlier statement...its a bunch of crap! Soguess till that is changed, keep an eye on your position and if you refuse a load, make sure they dont bump you out of your spot, and if they do...call and have it changed.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
all news to me....... well i guess thats the way it is.....maybe i wont have to take these 150 milers to detroit or canada, since its all i get offered, guess thats why when i am 5th out i get a load offer......one way trips, love em,take up most of the day for 140.00 Rock on Panther

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
We got the information in a fleet message via the QC.

Are you serious? I did not take this seriously until you posted that. Are you talking about loads at your contracted rate?

Haha well at least you know I consider you to be reliable beyond reproach.