Too many miles

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I've seen drivers quit because they aren't getting miles but quitting because they are getting too many miles? This is a new excuse for me! Would you quit because your company is giving you miles?

)0( Nasmaste )0(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've seen drivers quit because they aren't getting miles but quitting because they are getting too many miles? This is a new excuse for me! Would you quit because your company is giving you miles?

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Was there pay for those miles that allowed for a profit, or as many of us are seeing today, those miles being offered at rates that were pretty good 5 years ago?

More details? :confused:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

)0( Nasmaste )0(

If you're like Sonny Pruit and I know he is, then why quit because of too many miles. Big wheels rollin', gotta keep em rollin', big wheels rollin', movin' on.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Flat rate for all miles, they are not owner operators but driving company truck. They left last company bc they weren't getting miles now they are quitting another company bc they say it's too much for them. Obviously team drivers...

)0( Nasmaste )0(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Flat rate for all miles, they are not owner operators but driving company truck. They left last company bc they weren't getting miles now they are quitting another company bc they say it's too much for them. Obviously team drivers...

)0( Nasmaste )0(

I guess it takes all kinds. I don't understand. Maybe they just want to be paid tourists? Over my head.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
We have had months where we maxed out the miles and the legal hours and it was brutal.
I guess if we did that month after month it could be difficult to sustain.
We just take a short recovery break during those times and reset. Are they not allowed to take a break? Sounds odd to me. :confused:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I guess it takes all kinds. I don't understand. Maybe they just want to be paid tourists? Over my head.

Over my head too! Dealing with drivers I've heard some wild stories and excuses. I think this one is the most retarded by far...it's pretty bad when a driver says a family member dies and I don't really believe them anymore.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Over my head too! Dealing with drivers I've heard some wild stories and excuses. I think this one is the most retarded by far...it's pretty bad when a driver says a family member dies and I don't really believe them anymore.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Did they ask for money to help get them back home for the funeral?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
We have had months where we maxed out the miles and the legal hours and it was brutal.
I guess if we did that month after month it could be difficult to sustain.
We just take a short recovery break during those times and reset. Are they not allowed to take a break? Sounds odd to me. :confused:

Yes they had breaks in fact once complained about sitting for about 12 hours after their 34 restart...it's a no win I guess!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Did they ask for money to help get them back home for the funeral?

No but every holiday and during spring break this year this driver has had some kind of "emergency"...my bs meter is pinging! :p
Just had too many lie and I don't trust a thing they say anymore.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

paullud

Veteran Expediter
They probably figure that they should be able to work the typical 40 hours a week a normal worker does. They don't understand the idea that the long hours now will provide for them during the next slow down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
If they were newbies maybe but not new...they are completely aware of how things work. Just another crazy excuse I guess!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If they were newbies maybe but not new...they are completely aware of how things work. Just another crazy excuse I guess!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Sounds like a situation where it is better to be done with them. This makes me feel more confident about my wife getting her class B so we can team because the level of competition is low.

noneya

Active Expediter
They quit because of getting too many miles?!? Are you serious? I wish I had that problem, maybe I'd still be running now:(

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I' m thinking that your BS meter does NOT need recalibrated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds like a situation where it is better to be done with them. This makes me feel more confident about my wife getting her class B so we can team because the level of competition is low.

I know somebody with an open truck! Lol! :D

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No but every holiday and during spring break this year this driver has had some kind of "emergency"...my bs meter is pinging! :p
Just had too many lie and I don't trust a thing they say anymore.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

It's things like this, that keep dispatchers and FMs uncaring about the drivers' dilemmas. How many grandmas do you actually have, that you have to make it back for their funerals?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
It's things like this, that keep dispatchers and FMs uncaring about the drivers' dilemmas. How many grandmas do you actually have, that you have to make it back for their funerals?

Yes it does jade people...we first started dealing with the company drivers I believed them when they told me sob stories but get burned once or twice and it definitely changes.
After a couple of abandoned truck dilemmas, a few "emergencies" that turned into quitting, a few discovered lies I'm sure most of drivers think I'm a heartless b*@1?....

)0( Nasmaste )0(