Looking Both Ways To Van or Not to Van : Looking Both Ways

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
work smarter....and be lucky too.....:)

solo Straights are so limited now....they can only run so many miles in a 70 hour cycle...every minute at a dock, every minute fueling up, every minute going into a scale, every minute in a traffic jam, every minute in a bad storm, just deducts from what they can run....and what they can earn....if they get a $1.75 does that even come close to our $1.00?.... .75 a mile difference I don't see that as a whooping difference when overhead and expenses are calculated in....a straight would have to be very very experienced and very lucky as well....

Personal space and comfort count for a lot.

sent from my Galaxy S3

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Yep...your advantage when LOADED.....BUT when I am unloaded I have 14 feet of space back here to roam in Advantage gone.....

His 5,6,7 or more feet are WAY more comfortable.

And when empty he probably has 16-24 feet more if he really wants to get the party going. :)

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
What about when you get a delivery direct load that's like 1,100 miles? That takes a while to do and you gotta go straight there with no "breaks"

zorry

Veteran Expediter
In my situation, I'd load, secure, kiss the wife goodnight and close to 650-700 miles later she'll wake me up, fix me dinner, wash my windows.

If solo, I don't need the money bad enough to consider 1100 miles in ANY vehicle.

I hope you can say the same when you're an old man like me. :)

Marry younger so she can take care of you. Treat her right so she'll want to.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
In my situation, I'd load, secure, kiss the wife goodnight and close to 650-700 miles later she'll wake me up, fix me dinner, wash my windows.

If solo, I don't need the money bad enough to consider 1100 miles in ANY vehicle.

I'm solo no wife or kids...when you say younger how much younger because if I go to far that stuff illegal lol. 7 years or less for those counting

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

And when empty he probably has 16-24 feet more if he really wants to get the party going. :)

No I think mine are WAY more comfortable...or equal to his...sorry....comfort is a state of mind...

and he'd have to watch the party via video camera from his bunk...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

ain't that the truth...I try to avoid them long ones....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't think I've ever before heard it referred to as "wash my windows," but I like it.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

You haven't seen some of the Sprinter/SRW box truck set ups out here.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Similar to a Bolt. Yep, pretty common.

My comment was not you couldn't be comfortable in a $printer.

My comment was you can be MORE comfortable in a straight.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Similar to a Bolt. Yep, pretty common.

My comment was not you couldn't be comfortable in a $printer.

My comment was you can be MORE comfortable in a straight.

Please explain how one can MORE comfortable in a Straight?....I have a fully functional bed...a desk a fridge...carpet on floor....can walk around naked in -40 weather....where is this comfort?