TK

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Was ops manager at Rush (Dayton) for 9+ years. Wife and I started Crossroads Express. I've run lots of your loads. And NOT for 75 CPM, of course.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cool. I was reading about Rush how they became a 400 million dollar a year carrier in 10 years or something like that.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I'm not one for hiding or misleading. That's for sure!!!! I'd post my head shot if everyone wouldn't laugh and run off the road!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! $400M?!?!?! No. Steve wishes, I'm sure. I won't discuss Rush's financials but that number is on the "ridiculous" scale.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! $400M?!?!?! No. Steve wishes, I'm sure. I won't discuss Rush's financials but that number is on the "ridiculous" scale.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are two companies that I can think of, one is a husband and wife team from TX, one is a single driver from IL that are one truck outfits. If there was a breakdown I have full confidence they could make a few calls and recover with no issue. I agree, 95% of the time it does not work out very well.

They could be injured or any number of things that could make that difficult.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
They could be injured or any number of things that could make that difficult.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

True

But I am for giving everyone a chance. Sometimes the smaller carriers have more to prove and work very hard to provide service being they understand they have limitations.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes. More to prove to customers, brokers, 3PLs, other carriers, banks, creditors, etc. We're not in a contest. Period. But I'm proud of our performance on every single load, as I imagine just about all carriers and drivers are almost all the time.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I got my introduction to this industry driving a van with Rush when Murray was there. Ran ragged hauling boxes all over Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes, that's a COMPLETELY different business model than anything resembling true expediting. Straight up courier work.