Tired of being ignored

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Another cool, but wacky thing, would be to have a plasma screen on the back of the truck showing their car rear ending the back of the truck using the bumper cam.

The strobe light for tailgaters and people that follow with high beams on would be funny also.

I know, "That Boy ain't right," is what many people would think.

Guess it must be my warped sense of humor!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Red on rear for brake and tail ,sometimes Amber for turn, any other color and dot will get ya

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
That's not cool. I seen a international lonestar with blue led's in its grill and man that sucker looked cool at noght

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
We just swapped out our box lights to led's. I have had no desire to add more lights, this was just because I'm tired of getting the ladder out to change bulbs, but after changing these few out I'm starting to get an itch...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I have 83 lites on my truck.
I have 72 Led lights on my truck.
In 265,000 miles I have changed one LED light.

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
... Was out in the fog the other day and REALLY appreciated the truck in front of me with multiple...and bright LED's...

... I also put LED's computer chip brake lights on my straight and really notice a difference in how quickly other drivers reacted to brake lites and turn signals after install...

... sooo it seems that while I think most folks do it just for style statements...the safety advantages are there to back the decision...

... On a CMV tho..if you add the lights...you better make sure they all work ...all the time..

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why do people put those lights on their trucks? Is it like a rule or a style thing?

Its kinda like if you own a Harley or think you own a Harley, the required attire is a black Harley T-shirt and doo rag.

One drawback to LED brake and running lights is there is no heat generated to melt snow from the lens. Incandescent bulbs usually produce enough heat to at least melt enough snow in the center of the lens making it visible.

I gots me some chickin lights on my lil ol van but no chain drive wallet, yet.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I know a girl that started dating a guy that wore a Harley shirt to work 5 days a week.
One day she says "lets go rent a scooter."
He had to fess up. He didn't have a license and couldn't even ride a bike. :eek:

He should have lied to her. :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I gots me some chickin lights on my lil ol van but no chain drive wallet, yet.

ChickInEgg-Colored.jpg