Tickets help

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh..in that case you don't object to the HC bill?...you know..to make you healthier...

The HC bill is another issue. Helmet and seatbelt laws are in the same catagory as having to have car insurance or cargo insurance. Imho :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The HC bill is another issue. Helmet and seatbelt laws are in the same catagory as having to have car insurance or cargo insurance. Imho :D

Well now you have to have healthcare and wear a seatbelt because the gov said it is good for your health...both carry a fine...I don't see any difference.

moose

Veteran Expediter
as long as they allowed to make so mach noise - I'll be fine with the no helmet law . :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
All I know is that seatbelts saved my life once in an accident that I should of otherwise been dead.

And I totalled a pick up and the investigator said if I had it on I would have been severely hurt...I walked away...

a million stories in the naked city...;)

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
The funny thing is how I got the seat belts...One at flyingj in toledo at the stop sign..I have to choose between stop or seat belt and the second I was pulled over for a rear light bulb and I got seat belt... now nobody want to take me in..Is gotta be a solution... And I have 0 points :)
The speeding in Indiana came after 6 mths in my record whitout points

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exempt from compliance are children already covered by the child safety restraint law; persons with medically-certified physical impairments; persons operating vehicles to deliver the mail or newspapers for home delivery; and persons in vehicles manufactured prior to 1966. Persons in vehicles equipped with airbags are not exempt from this law.

there ya go...just have a stack of newspapers on the front seat....

Brisco

Expert Expediter
This message has been deleted by ATeam. Reason: Decided to stay out of the seat belt debate.

Smart choice.........

One can post all they want saying that CSA 2010 will not effect "CV" drivers all they want because CV's are not considered CMV's within DOT and FMSCA guidelines, but when the citations those CV drivers receive starts to effect their carriers ratings Authority under CSA 2010, all misunderstandings as to whether that CDL licensed CV driver is driving a CMV or not will come to light.

Time will tell when CSA 2010 finally goes into full force as to whether said carrier will keep that multi-ticketed CDL CV driver on as a contractor when that CDL licensed CV drivers record not only effects his standings within the CDL world but also the DOT Authorized carriers ratings. Time will also tell us as to whether that multi-ticketed CDL CV driver will be able to stay gainfully employed as a contractor when CSA 2010 is in full force thinking that since his van is "not" a CMV under DOT and FMSCA guidelines that CSA 2010 means nothing to him.

Yep, I'm staying away from this debate too.

(BTW - a "seatbelt" saved my life in a bad accident back in 2003. I am a full believer in seatbelts and have no problem with Government mandating that I wear it)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i don't have to have car insurance if i don't own a car.....but by the law i have to wear a seatbelt when i am in a moving car....

But then again, i don't take to well to following orders, thats why i work for myself and have for more yrs then i care to think about....yea there are some i have to follow, but more that i choose to ignore....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Next time one remodels their home on their own the State can mandate a hardhat and safety boots...just in case of an accident and you need long term care...and that will drive up home owners insurance....it is MY home, MY car...get the heck out of my life....

You have to get a permit to remodel your home:rolleyes:

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
As you might remember we did a big remodel to our kitchen last Summer. Found out that on any job that you pull a permit for, you now have to install(retrofit) hard wired smoke detectors in all bedrooms. More, if the dtectors are more than 10' apart.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
All I know is that seatbelts saved my life once in an accident that I should of otherwise been dead.

I'm glad you did not die back then. It would have totally messed up the photos I took of you on Wednesday.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of seatbelts and helmets, does anyone remember that old tv show called CHiPs? I always wondered why the officers driving a patrol car wore helmets also. Makes you wonder.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seat belts or not, the most severe injuries are the head injuries. If it was really and truly about our safety, we'd all be required to wear helmets while in the car, passengers and women who don't want their hair messed up included. There's a reason NASCAR drivers wear helmets.