ticket fixers

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
97% of people that get speeding tickets simply pull out their wallets, grumble under their breath and mail in their fines without question.

That’s right…a whopping 97% of speeding ticket victims simply pay their fines…without any kind of fight whatsoever.:eek:

It is a fact. A single speeding ticket with a fine of $75, will actually cost you well over $1,000 in surcharges, fees and increases to your automobile insurance premium.

the last thing any cop wants is to spend their off-duty time in court (and that’s why they don’t show up 40% of the time). And the last thing a busy prosecutor wants is to deal with you and your measly speeding ticket.

traffic tickets are an enormous, never-ending, predictable source of revenue for everyone involved.

The proceeds from tickets pay for more cops (to write more tickets)…they create more jobs in the court house (to handle more and more traffic ticket cases)……and speeding tickets line the pockets of the greedy insurance company because once you pay your speeding ticket, they will hike up your insurance premiums with a big smile on their face.

It’s a vicious money-cycle that can’t be stopped!

Why are so many police departments constantly spending more and more money to increase the size of their traffic units in a down economy like ours?

And why the in the world are the big insurance companies giving out FREE radar units to police departments across the country like they’re candy?

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here, in Mecklenburg County, the fine, above court cost, goes to the school system.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Minnesota has something like that too..when I got stopped by a trooper...he said the minimum ticket went toward something I can't remember...now that was about 8 years ago..

transporter

Expert Expediter
hey ovm one way to stop that viciuos cycle would be slow done.
you would be amazed how well that works,
another is remember the speed signs are miles per hour not kilometer per hour. your not in canada any more

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
I got cited for running a red light even though i was only a foot from the white line. CDL holders are not eligable for a class and it is a four point infraction

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
You might want to call and talk with the soliciters office before you just pay the fine. I know someone who got a ticket and
they asked for a court date. (trying to get on I-16 from I-95 and officer gave them a ticket for failure to maintain lane)
6 months later when he went to court they said if he went to
defensive driving class it would not go against CDL.
Just a thought.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
It use to be you could do a safe driving class and make your ticket disapeer.You still can,but not with a CDL.I suggest call the prosecuter in the town you got the ticket and see if there is a way to get out of it,like in a plea bargin.That ticket could be hard on your driving career.
If you get a lawyer,and have him fight it,what they usually do is post pone the hearing a few times,then when you finally go to court,if the arresting officer isn't there,your home free.I don't get tickets for speed anymore,but I've had many in my day.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am seeing a niche business opportunity here.:D..with CSA you all better be fighting every ticket...
Not just with CSA, but with a CDL in general. Basically, a CDL gets hit with at least 1.5 times the points of a regular driver's license for each infraction, and it doesn't take very many CDL points to suspend the license.

A red light infraction with a regular driver's license is 2 points, with a CDL it's 4 points. Speeding 1-10 MPH over the limit isn't even point-worthy for a regular operator's license, but it's 3 points for a CDL holder.

Each state has their own point system and suspension threshold, but they're all similar with regard to suspending a CDL after a certain number of points within various times frames, like within 1 year, 18 months, 2 years and 3 years.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Interstate Trucker, Jim Klepper. We do not leave home without him! Very effective in reducing or eliminating tickets and fines. 800-417-3552 Kat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interstate Trucker, Jim Klepper. We do not leave home without him! Very effective in reducing or eliminating tickets and fines. 800-417-3552 Kat

Am glad to see you are still typing here MissKat...and didn't let these bullies..:rolleyes: get to ya..:p..they are sooo used to getting their own way spoiled brats they are...just ask their wives...*LOL*

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Another option: Go to court and request a trial date. After that is set, a short time later go to the court clerk and ask for a different date, a couple days ahead of its original, maybe you have a conflict on that date or something. There's a chance the officer won't be informed of the change in date. When that happens, there may be an attempt made to reschedule to make sure the officer can be there, to which you reply, "Your honor, I'm ready to proceed." No matter how much the PTB twist your arm, just stick to, "Your honor, I'm ready to proceed." Should get a case dismissed.

British school master: "PUT IT AWAY, PLECTRUM. If I see it once more this period, I shall have to tweak you. Do you have a solicitor, Plectrum? You're lying, Plectrum, so I shall tweak you anyway. See me afterward to be tweaked."

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
It’s a vicious money-cycle that can’t be stopped!

WHAT???

Speeding tickets are on of the most fairest tickets there are. You have a choice of getting them or not. I never feel sorry for anyone getting one. It was their choice. You may not agree if you are one that gets them all the time. I can honestly say that I have never had one in my adult life. Am I saying I never have went over the limit. Nope! I just try my best to stay right on the mark as I go down the road. I never go over 65 even when it is 70. And when it is 45, I do 45. Not 47. This has worked for me and saved me money doing it.