Throwback Thursday: Cargo Van Revenue in 1995

Dubs

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is ridiculous why are we letting ourselves get screwed today?
What do you have in mind to solve the issue?
Gather up the troops. If everyone was on the same page we could have a strike and send them all scrambling. I've been talking a lot about this with other drivers and what I'm hearing is a lack of leadership. Another guy said truckers don't like each other but I think that's b.s. because I get along with everyone. Drivers gotta understand we're all on the same team.
Spoken like a true union man.
Haha I'm not too into those unions but damn something needs to be done. Too many middle men in this game.

Dubs

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mean how is it allowed for a carrier to pick up a load when they know they don't have a driver and sell it to another carrier. I mean I'm pretty new to this compared to a lot of you so please correct be if I'm wrong. Shipper>broker>carrier>smaller carrier>driver. All my bill of ladings have another carrier on it besides the one I drive for.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mean how is it allowed for a carrier to pick up a load when they know they don't have a driver and sell it to another carrier. I mean I'm pretty new to this compared to a lot of you so please correct be if I'm wrong. Shipper>broker>carrier>smaller carrier>driver. All my bill of ladings have another carrier on it besides the one I drive for.
Welcome to trucking and dealing with brokers

Dubs

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome to trucking and dealing with brokers
If you can't beat them join them I guess.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I was told by a dispatcher that she could make more money if she sold the load than to pay me what was fair. I told her to sell it. It was picking up east of Atlanta going to Detroit, I was going to cross dock it in Nashville. I wanted the entire miles. After all, rush hour in Atlanta I would've earned it. To many miles she said. I'm no longer with them.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
O/O can't strike it is against the law, but if you do just say no and stay home