This Conversation

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
TallCal,
I want to tell you something. I know you stand for what you believe in and I respect that. I've seen films and photos of you alls protests back in the 60s and 70s. I saw how some people got beat with clubs, had dogs sicked on them, and fire hoses turned on them. You guys sacrificed for something you believed in, and I respect that. Therefore I'm not going to call you names or belittle the movement you took part in.

On the flip side of that coin every U.S. Marine that has earned that title since Nov.10,1775 is my brother or sister. We've also sacrificed so you can have your views,movements, and protests. Therefore I would expect the same respect out of you. So don't belittle me or call me names, or my brothers and sisters for that matter. If it weren't for us we couldn't have things like this Soapbox forum and other avenues where we can talk about our dislike of the government. That goes for all branches of the U.S. military not just the Marine Corps. When you said something about the Marines I knew you were coming after me personally. That's fine, I'm a big boy and I can take it.

I'm gonna tell you something my Senior Drill Instructor told us all the time. "We serve under the flag, we salute the flag, and our coffins will be drapped in the flag so some hippy can burn the flag". That's nothing against you, but think about it when you go to downgrade me. I've literally fought for what I believe in. I have a National Defense Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Purple Heart, and a Navy and Marine Corps Achievment Medal to show for it. I'm also a service connected disabled vet with a 100% rating at the VA. Even though I don't belive in jihad like my enemies did I never disrespected them by spitting, urinating or desicrating their bodies, like they have been known to do.

All I'm asking is give me the same respect I give you. When have I belittled you? I give you compliments and you take offense. Quit trying so hard to be offened as Jaminjim's signature line says. I don't know of anyone here that dislikes you. I think you are smart enough to realize that you have differing views from most of the people here. That's fine. That's what makes the world go round. Seeing that you have differing views than most here when you put your views out there you have to realize that people are gonna disagree and tell you so. You are never going to get anyone, or me at least, to open up to your way of thinking as long as you are attacking people. If you thought I was making comments against you I'm sorry, but I was speaking in general terms therefore I didn't deserve to be attacked on a personal level. Regardless of what I say you never have the right to attack the Corps or any other part of the military. Serve and then you have that right. The only thing is when we have a beef with it we usually take it up in our own circles. It's called respect.

If you feel like any part of this is an attack on you it wasn't. If you feel the need to name call or belittle me further that's fine. Just leave my Corps out of it.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Had "where's the teleprompter?"---Hussian Obumer (HO)--placed a R beside his name--Louie FaraCON's name would be mentioned over & over like" Macacca" was for Senator Allen Va. race!! The left always hurls hate while pumping nancy pelousy NO DRILL-taxed -wind-solar-algae-green-fuel! Thank JELLO Carter-Iran demostrates the LEFT"S cowardly actions & all it causes--BUT HATE W--most important!!!! GO W/CHENEY!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
TallCal,
I've seen films and photos of you alls protests back in the 60s and 70s. I saw how some people got beat with clubs, had dogs sicked on them, and fire hoses turned on them. You guys sacrificed for something you believed in, and I respect that. Therefore I'm not going to call you names or belittle the movement you took part in.

Be careful not to fall for that innocent “we only want peace’ stuff ark, there is a lot to the story that they don’t want you to know about. I’ve been to these things as a very young kid and I remember the things that weren’t filmed and weren’t talked about in the press and most definitely not in history books. A lot of hatred and jealousy went on. I lost my respect for many of them who hated the country but now seem to don’t mind making the money and not sharing the wealth as they prescribed everyone to do.

Man oh man,did that hit a nerve.!!!I
I thought I gave up a lot of ground in my semi litereate musings this afternoon. Get honest and get slammed around here. As I'm the sole proponant for anything that even slightly refects anything other then an over the top,reactionary ultra right wing ,closed minded,semi racist mob mentality around here,I should close my little poly sci lecture and stick with my whilte wine and soft cheese eating friends and be another nodding head (much like here).

Talk about a slam… what you just said shows the problem, liberals regardless can’t have a conversation or a dialog without some sort of name calling or tagging people. I gotten tired of trying to be above it but where there are words like ultra right wing or closed minded or semi racist mob mentality it shows that you have an agenda and some underlying hatred that has never been allowed to work out of your system.

For the record, I am not an ultra right wing anything, to be exact as much as I seem to think that freedoms are the utmost important thing over social programs, I also know that for years and years we got along without the soviet style social programs in this country and were moving forward so I side on the old way of doing things, helping people by the people, not the government.

Closed minded? Oh come on, much of the left and the ultra left who is controlling the democrat party not only are closed minded but if you look at how they handle debate within their own party, they seem to be the poster children of the close minded crowd.

I like the semi racist mob mentality tag, well let me remind you something; a liberal and all liberals are true racist with a mob mentality. It is like this, they don’t believe in the individual, but the collective. To a liberal, they don't see a person, an individual but a being based on race or ethnicity or disability or what ever. They categorized these people into some sort of group or collective. Some collectives are white and some black, and to them all the whites in the collective keep the blacks in their collective down, yep that is their thinking. What this means is that one has to give to the other based on race or ethnicity or disability thus not allowing the an individual to become the best that they can become, pretty much addressing the issues by oppressing of all groups by providing for them through taking from one and giving to another. To back my statement up, the democrats have done little for civil rights for the last 160 years, even from 1850’s throughout reconstruction; it was not them evil republicans who were trying to continually enslave a race, but those nice and helpful democrats. I also got to remind you that every real significant gain made in race relations has been done under a republican administration, starting with TR to Herbert Hoover to Ike to Nixon to Reagan to Bush (I) to Bush (II), the only two things that the democrats can count as a gain for race relations is the desegregation of the military under Truman and the civil rights act under Johnson. The latter was not done to make things better but to shut people up and really didn’t help out the situation because we are going back to separate but not equal thanks to the liberals. What a madding circle we allow.

But I'm a trucker at heart,and share common themes here. It's all I've ever done,from driving to owning to managing to selling freight etc.I just happen to be open minded and don't support guns in slums,and a few other minor details like going to war because someone wanted too and not because some one had to. What a joker I am!!

Oh really, open minded? Well drop the tags and the loathing, because that what open mindedness means - or in other words having a conversation without the tags or loathing.

I once again would like to remind you credibility is earned by what you do, not inflamitory rhetoric.In fact,you have some catching to do if your only claim to fame is a stint in the military ,which I have great respect for.

Yep what you do does mean a lot to show credibility. SO applying that to the candidates, here are a couple things to think about;

Obama never joined the military, never was groomed to be anything but a lawyer.

Obama never really was poor, poor people don’t get into Columbia and Harvard.

Michelle Obama says she speaks for women on women’s issues but how many women have nannies and servants to take care of the kids while she is working full time to pay for her student loans and her multi-million dollar home?

Obama didn’t do that good in the private sector. He didn’t lead on a local level that would have helped many out, but instead used this as a stepping stone.

Obama was not favored in the Illinois senate, I think he came up with two bills and that was it.

Obama won the US senate seat out of default, he was put on several committees to groom him for a better position and the Democrat party selected him for their WH candidate.

WHAT CREDIBILITY DOES HE HAVE?

Most of my freinds joined the Marines in 64 and ended up as casualties(dead and alive) and let down by a failed veterens administration that denied Agent Orange was a cause of any problems.They have my respect as they had to take on the VetAdmin with real weapons,words.They could have just stood around foolishly saying look at me ,I'm a hero.They fought for their rights,and endured critcism from vets orginizations and finally prevailed.I fought that battle with them even though I took a different position during that insane war,a positon I'm very proud to have taken. It may have saved many lives.

Hey that’s interesting.

Did you defend all vets while they got off the planes and trains when these scum protesters were spitting on them and calling the baby killers?

Did you condemn Carter for his amnesty of the draft dodgers who took part in the killing of our vets by running away from their responsibility as a citizen of this country?

Did you try to get your fellow protesters together to help the vets get the help that they needed?

This country is worth the effort,and I will put my *** on the line,as I have done many times before,before I'll roll over to the dogs who have destroyed our country for last 8 years.
I'll dance in the streets when the last of these miserable skum bags slip back under their rocks.
If your going to go down with the ship and rage about how it's all Hillary and Bills fault(less we forget the peanut farmer)then have a nice time. Some of us are moving beyond the nightmare inflicted by the white guys and wish you all well in your doldrums.

Well I don’t know about that. Maybe you have had too much wine and funny cheese. Some of you, which apparently you miss something here, seem to be moving beyond of the cr*p but moving backwards. There is no rage, there is passion, there is hope and there is something to the effect that shows people DON’T want to see the Soviet Union on our shores. They want the freedoms that others in the past have enjoyed, they want less government and less BS that the congress has given us.

Sorry Tallcal, I think that the liberals and the democrats have it all wrong. From their questionable candidate to the same old play book – they want to control people. Right now the republican party is about the same, they lost their way and will have to work hard to come back but McCain is not Obama, McCain has a credible record in the house and senate but also is a bit too much left to center for us. He won’t be a Bush, he will be more like a democrat and does not deserve to be president.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I will not vote for Obama because I do not agree with his ideas just like I did not like Kerry's , Gore's, Clinton's, and Dole's vision for the U.S.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Shooter,I'm from San Francisco. Been to Detroit a few times to be out foxed by Alumijunk,so there's a bit of a bad taste about Woodhaven.I guess they have moved their junk to Toledo. Good for Woodhaven ,not so good for Toledo.

It's interesting to me who is taking below the belt pot shots and who's conceding ground about this conversation we have been having. Please read my original post again and read into it that I'm acknowleding many of your fears and complaints,even the one about emition being part of the uproar.
It's no different then w and his speech writers,including rolley polley rove,who based their whole deal in 04 of the fear factor.They created and stroked the whole emotional blackmail that we were going to have suicide bombers on every corner if Kerry were elected.It was such BS even my GOP friends felt it was over board,but they still voted for ?. Slim,my 25 years old cat,is a pretty wise old fellow,having found his way back to my old home when I moved 5 years ago, some 19 miles acorss three canyons. I was impressed.Gee,the comparison was meant to entertain,lighten up a little will ya?

So,you toss pineapples,I toss watermellons,you toss cream pies in my face,I heave a tray full of canopes to the body. It's not really about anything more then emotion at this point,as any mention of the outgoing manboy w is taken like a personal insult. And not a one of you will acknowledge that I predicted the out come of his massive failue to lead our nation right here.Guess I'll quit raving about that bit of ancient history,but it's in the archives for anyone interested.

I think the whole jessie slip up was planned and will result in more popularity for Obama. Bill O took it on like a war cry of defeat and tossed in a few racial slurs for good measure. He's too stupid to realize he fell into the trap he was supposed to fall into. Any press is good press,he never figured that out. What a freaking moron that guy is,hope you all realize that.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bill O took it on like a war cry of defeat and tossed in a few racial slurs for good measure. He's too stupid to realize he fell into the trap he was supposed to fall into. Any press is good press,he never figured that out. What a freaking moron that guy is,hope you all realize that.

This I agree with, I think he has.... well never mind.... I just agree with it....

Hope your cat lives another 25 years, wise cats make great fish.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another thing. The man I wanted to run for President is black. That's Colin Powell I think he would be a good President for the

Nice try Joe but I see right through your veiled bigotry. Everyone knows that a real black person wouldn't vote for old bumble boy, let alone become part of his administration.

To quote Eliza Gilkyson from her song Highway 9..." and a white man hidden in a black man's skin. (Powell)

As for you seeing pictures and film from the 1960's... You weren't even born. You have no idea what young affluent suburban white kids went through. They laid their lives on the line. Take Kathleen "soul girl" Soliah for example. Her and her cohorts in the Symbianese Liberation Army (SLA) showed the world how much young suburban white kids cared about stuff. Important stuff. Really, really important stuff. They had a plan. A vision. Although they had some difficulty articulating it. Sure some pigs (not the barnyard swine you redneck farm boy, I talking the man, the heat, the fuzz, the cops, the establishment) and old ladies had to die. But the end justified the means. The cause was righteous bro! And now poor Kathleen is being held prisoner by the Nazi state of California.

We shall overcome! So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Hey man, got a light.