Thinking about expediting?

F

fastlane_frt

I know exactly what you are talking about, I just jumped into this from TT driving, now I drive a straight truck. I went with Panther,good company so far except trying to learn everything, their orientation was not anywhere near worth the $300, lucky I knew how to use a QC but got little on paper work. Forget about Canada, I don't even know enough to ask a question about it, learned nothing from them.
Freight was goos first copuple weeks but lately it is very slow, 2 loads a week don't cut it
not just expediting it is everything, the truck stops are full by 3pm, they are losing miles too
Really like the job and company but things are getting bad already

OTR07Career

Seasoned Expediter
:7 It seems to say that most companys want drivers to work for them,but not train them and prepare them for whats ahead on the road..
the new Home-Land Security has strict rules now since 9-11...with this comes alot of paper tolls....file this and file that...plus driving hours, Rest, and many more issues.....But I have found that if you just take it one day at a time and learn from mistakes you can do it.....I've always had God as my guide and follow all the rules...
this can sometime help.....but true the companys should prepare the driver for whats ahead out there..............

IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS, STAY ON THE PORCH......

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Amen!

As a Bible-Believing Christian I try my best to help the carrier understand the needs of those who are delivering the freight.

When I approach them with a "meek and humble" spirit, they are most open and receptive to new ideas. In fact, they have implemented one of my suggestions and they are considering another one as well.

As long as they do not ask me to engage in any behavior that is in direct opposition to God's will, I can continue to do business with them.

The same has always held true for anyone with whom I have done business.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Interestingly, drivers seem to be/are in way too big of a hurry to "learn" things. Seems they feel the need to roll steada getting their sheets together. Nature of the beast.

Ya just can't mak em drink.

OTR07Career

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Tennessahawk.

Got your Message, yeah I understand and plan to learn from you all out there with exp, I don't plan to start until after New Years and then I have the money all save up....I know it a learning exp and career for me plan to take it slow and learn....yeah need good map and Fuels/ showers stops...Food I plan to bring with my or when in wait mode-go to a Food lion or Walmart for food for I have credit with them....Plus am looking for good laptop for this to with build in wireless services/ this will have my everyday Map,plus business records/fuel spendings and other things.....I have a friend who into this he keeps in touch.....plus Have Fleet Owners know I am new "BUT"
have the WILLINESS to learn this new career for myself and do by book and learn from others.....Thanks a much..

HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY FRIEND/KEEP IN TOUCH OK....
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS....

( CHRIS)
FRHWK2005-old
OTR07Career-NEW