They finally wised up

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
The rates on the Fedex loads will go down now that a glut of partner carriers will be able to bid on their freight. This is definitely not good for cargo van freight rates. We'll have to wait and see how this impacts the rates i've been getting on brokered Fedex loads.

Blizzard,

Just because they are on the Alliance, doesn't mean any more people will be bidding. There are lots of loads that go through the Alliance system that only some carriers see, or get a call on a truck.

Some that comes to mind immediately are Ceva, UPS, and some Landstar agents.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I think the Fed has merely found another avenue to move freight even cheaper for their "price point" type of customers who don't give a rats arse about things like exclusive use or if the guy shows up in a Fed branded truck. This leaves the purple and blue available for the rest of the customers who do care.

I dunno about anyone else but NLM has been a good thing as far as my dealings with the Fed, I've made a lot of money from it.

It is possible. Here is another scenario: For those who don't know on here, Fedex has been using the NLM system to post and dispatch their outsourced runs. Perhaps NLM is getting the boot. The Alliance software is top notch. GPS will even integrate it with your current dispatching software. It's an entire suite of tools for a broker/carrier. There are LOTS of good reasons to switch their platform.