They DRIVE among us...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
What's even more amazing is that you had a dock supervisor that actually cared. Maybe things are starting to change. Kudos to him!

that was my thought.

i worked with a load planner who thought that if there were cubes available then all was well. sort of like there are checks in the checkbook, so there still must be money in the account.

eb

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
that was my thought.

i worked with a load planner who thought that if there were cubes available then all was well. sort of like there are checks in the checkbook, so there still must be money in the account.

eb

Hey Mr popular clear out your inbox

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
[what does a forklift weigh, anyhow?]

Raises hand. Ooh, ooh, I know the answer to this one!!!

Not that you're really looking for an answer but as someone who seems to be a magnet for straight trucks with weakish floors I know the answer. The small Toyota propane powered forklifts are around 7,800 lbs. Battery powered jobs are 13,000 and up. The bigger battery powered forklifts weigh a floor-busting 16,000 lbs give or take.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ooh, ooh, I know the answer to this one!!!
Easy there Horshack!

welcome-back-kotter-horshack_thumb.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Not that you're really looking for an answer but as someone who seems to be a magnet for straight trucks with weakish floors I know the answer. The small Toyota propane powered forklifts are around 7,800 lbs. Battery powered jobs are 13,000 and up. The bigger battery powered forklifts weigh a floor-busting 16,000 lbs give or take.

I was too looking for an answer - not that I have any need to know, but whenever I realize I don't know something, I want to find out, ok?
That's why my head is full of trivia, but I can't remember where I was yesterday, lol.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Imagine this clown loading that weight and getting out of the warehouse and then heading out for the Gorge....they Might find him a few years later.....

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Wow, never would have thought that one of those little forklifts weigh more than my empty Sprinter with me in it (5350 lbs).

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
It is surprising.

I looked through some old bols and here's one that I hauled. I've got 94" clearance under my roll up door so it's not one of the bigger models.

Wiese FG25N 9,350 lbs

I also hauled a Toyota H25CT but I'm not sure of the weight. (no time for googling atm)

csny42

Seasoned Expediter
on a somewhat related note...is anyone out there with FECC running a D unit with a single axle and having both a
LG and an APU? Thanks in advance for any replies. csny42

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today I was waiting to get loaded at a ball bearing plant. While I was waiting, a fairly loud "discussion" was brewing between the driver of a D Unit for one of those small companies I'd never heard of and a dock supervisor... The driver was upset because the dock supervisor refused to load him with what looked to be 8 or 10 skids. The driver was insisting he get loaded, that it would fit, and he was going to call his company , etc...
The supervisor finally told him loud enough for us all to hear, something to the effect that he could call whoever he wanted, the load number matched the freight, but he was not loading 30,000 lbs on a single axle straight!

Wow. Just wow.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1454204313.815095.jpg

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when I started with Roberts express had ud 1800 load limited was 6,500 lbs
went in to a place , if you have landing gear on your unit always put them down, tell dock worker that you are not ready to load until you come back in , that was noted for loading heavy they tried to put on 10,000 lbs
on a load that was only 2,500 lbs, paper work said 2,500 lbs, so went out to get ready
to leave and to put up landing gear up couldn't said this load is more than 2,500 lbs
how to you know , can't get my landing gear up, so take off the load or take off 2 pallets
they said if you can't take this load we don't have a load for you
I have always had a c unit but they were always over spec
fl60 , was 9,500, western star was 13,500
sometimes they would call will you take this load at a c rate, would say d rate can do
they would say only c rate, I 'm only a c and I don't' have to carry that
different was a few dollars more
after finding that I was only truck a round they would come up to a d ratents be
always know what your load limits are as some states will hit you with heavy fines
and you pay, as you are person that's name is on the paper work