The wave of Muslim immigration at Europe's borders is getting ugly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Easy to spot, yet you still can't differentiate.
I have differentiated between the two, in this thread and others. Agenda driven news is a distinct, quantifiable thing that is easily spotted. It's taught in journalism school and journalism classes, how to easily spot it and how to avoid it, and it has been for decades. You think it's the exact same thing as a news bias. And you're wrong. I don't know any other way to put it than that. Every single example of agenda driven news you've presented has not been an example of agenda driven news. They have all been examples of bias, or someone else's opinion that it's agenda driven news.

It's not any and all criticisms of conservatism. It's the steady, non stop drum beat bashing of conservatives by an agenda driven news network named CNN.
You've just used an opinion, an incorrect one at that, as the basis for your argument. That's a logical fallacy. For one, CNN doesn't have a non-stop drum beat of bashing conservatives. As I noted earlier, conservatives see a bias in every news story that doesn't promote the conservative viewpoint, regardless of whether there is actually a bias present. As I also noted earlier, calling them biased isn't enough to demonize them, you have to embellish and exaggerate by calling them an agenda driven news network when they aren't. I also think you never even heard the term "agenda driven news" until you read it from me on these boards.

You're not able to refute the points Britbart makes.the only counter to them from you is Brietbart bad, Hot Air bad.
Of course I can. But I'm not going to argue someone else's opinion with someone who doesn't have an opinion of their own, because they (that's you) are in no position to defend the opinions of someone else. Plus, in this thread and in others, every time I have refuted Brietbart's points, you simply ignore it and trudge along like I never said anything, feverishly Googling to come up with a, "Oh yeah! Well whatabout this!"

But I'll play along. Which point of Brietbart's concerning CNN being an agenda driven news network would you like for me to refute.

At least with Breitbart, they work as a watch dog site and shine the light on agenda driven news networks like CNN who masquerade as 'objective' news providers.
That's so retarded that it's Special Olympics-funny. Breitbart was even singled out by CQ Research as being a shining example of a straight-up conservative agenda driven news Blog that exists to further the conservative agenda by, among other things, pointing out liberal bias in the MSM by seeing liberal bias in everything presented by the MSM.

I would stick with the issue of CNN's clear agenda driven news instead of changing the debate about Fox News. It's only your attempt as a diversion. My initial comment about them still stands, and is still true.
Wow. That last sentence really convinced me that you know what agenda driven news is and have all along, and that I clearly don't have clue about any of this stuff. I bow to your superior intellect, reasoning and knowledge.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did I mention that CNN hired David Chalian to be their Political News Director? He's the guy that got canned by Yahoo News after his 'hot mic' incident. That's the guy they have in charge of the politics division.
Yahoo News Bureau Chief Fired Shocking Romney Comments
Yes you did. With a surprising link to Breitbart about it. And I commented on it.

I'm still not sure why you think that's important. It is because he's the Political News Director and he's not non-partisan? Or worse, a liberal? Do you think the Political News Director at ANY news organization is non-partisan? Is it the hot mic incident? Do you think that should prevent him from working in the news? Do you think it should prevent him from being in news management?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes you did. With a surprising link to Breitbart about it. And I commented on it.

I'm still not sure why you think that's important. It is because he's the Political News Director and he's not non-partisan? Or worse, a liberal? Do you think the Political News Director at ANY news organization is non-partisan? Is it the hot mic incident? Do you think that should prevent him from working in the news? Do you think it should prevent him from being in news management?
You are going to make him give an explanation and actually articulate his own thinking ?

Man ... you are a cruel master ... lol ...

I'll bet you have as much luck getting answers to those questions as I did with mine.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's not that he is a liberal, or even that he is a 'partisan'. It's that he exhibited such an extremist view about a political party he opposes, that even the liberal news website Yahoo News thought they should fire him. But he's A ok with CNN, because they are all about 'trust' when they present the news.;)

Article excerpt for those that didn't read the link I posted:
. During the broadcast, Chalian can be heard saying that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife Ann were "not concerned at all" and "happy to have a party with black people drowning." Chalian seemed to be referring to the simultaneous occurrence of the GOP convention convening in Tampa and Hurricane Isaac hammering its way across the gulf coast and through New Orleans.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not that he is a liberal, or even that he is a 'partisan'. It's that he exhibited such an extremist view about a political party he opposes, that even the liberal news website Yahoo News thought they should fire him.
Yahoo didn't fire him because of his views, extremist or otherwise, they fired him because of his comments.
But I wanna make sure I'm understanding you right. Liberal is OK, and partisan is OK, as long as you're not toooo partisan, and as long as you keep it to yourself. Got it.
Article excerpt for those that didn't read the link I posted:
Oh, I read it. The problem is, he wasn't talking about the entire GOP, as you have claimed, he was talking specifically about Mitt and Ann Romney.

So your objection to him (that he exhibited such an extremist view about a political party he opposes) is based on something that's not even true?

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yahoo didn't fire him because of his views, extremist or otherwise, they fired him because of his comments.
But I wanna make sure I'm understanding you right. Liberal is OK, and partisan is OK, as long as you're not toooo partisan, and as long as you keep it to yourself. Got it.

Oh, I read it. The problem is, he wasn't talking about the entire GOP, as you have claimed, he was talking specifically about Mitt and Ann Romney.

So your objection to him (that he exhibited such an extremist view about a political party he opposes) is based on something that's not even true?
Comments by him that happen to be extreme. Even the liberal news site Yahoo couldn't let that one get by.
Correct, he was commenting on the Romney's, but they were representing the Republican presidential ticket at the time. My objection is that his comment is revealing because it was toward the Romney's (and representing Republicans)who were at the convention during the week of a hurricane. He couldn't see through his own extreme bias views about Republicans that he would make a sick joke about them not caring about black people drowning. Like some weak attempt to link that hurricane with Katrina He obviously not only has partisan and liberal views, but extreme ones as well. BTW, the headline from the link I referenced, was from the left leaning Huffington Post. And they refer to his comment as speaking about the 'RNC'. HAHAHA...
Liberal or partisan is ok ONLY because it's not realistic to expect most news organizations to not have one or both. It's just the way it is. But to have those views and inject it in product on their news shows and affect what they decide to cover because of an agenda is a real problem, one that can't be denied afflicts CNN. And to have extremist Chalian as their Political News Director is rather telling with who they put their 'trust' in.
I posted the video along with his comment. Very disturbing. A real news room wouldn't want this guy near it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Comments by him that happen to be extreme. Even the liberal news site Yahoo couldn't let that one get by.
Correct, he was commenting on the Romney's, but they were representing the Republican presidential ticket at the time. My objection is that his comment is revealing because it was toward the Romney's (and representing Republicans)who were at the convention during the week of a hurricane. He couldn't see through his own extreme bias views about Republicans that he would make a sick joke about them not caring about black people drowning. Like some weak attempt to link that hurricane with Katrina He obviously not only has partisan and liberal views, but extreme ones as well.
Right. Like I said, "liberal is OK, and partisan is OK, as long as you're not toooo partisan, and as long as you keep it to yourself." No real need to reword it, as I got it the first time. I even said so at the time.

BTW, the headline from the link I referenced, was from the left leaning Huffington Post. And they refer to his comment as speaking about the 'RNC'. HAHAHA...
The entire purpose of a Headline is to get people to read the story. The headline, and what is said in the story, are in conflict. That doesn't mean the headline is correct, it's just another example out of countless examples of shoddy journalism to be found at HuffPo. And they're not left leaning at all, they're full-tilt boogie agenda driven. The Pew Research Center found that 86% of their political articles were left-learning, 8% were right-leaning, and 6% were neutral. They found agenda driven news comprised 74% of their political articles (which of course includes the subsections of WorldPost, Green, Black Voices, Latino Voices and Gay Voices). CG Researcher found nearly identical numbers. Huffington Post was one of CQ Researcher's highlighted for-profit agenda driven news outlets.

Liberal or partisan is ok ONLY because it's not realistic to expect most news organizations to not have one or both. It's just the way it is. But to have those views and inject it in product on their news shows and affect what they decide to cover because of an agenda is a real problem, one that can't be denied afflicts CNN. And to have extremist Chalian as their Political News Director is rather telling with who they put their 'trust' in.
Right. He's toooo partisan, and they put a partisan liberal in charge of their political news. Still got it. The rest of that paragraph (everything between the "B" and the period) is nothing more than a belief, one without any evidence to support it. If you could just point to one example of where Chalian, as their Political News Director, injected his views into any news show on CNN, then you'd have a valid argument. If you could show one example of where an agenda influenced Chalian's decisions, as their Political News Director, in deciding which stories to cover, as long as the story is actually newsworthy and not an issue of a conservative agenda, then you'd have a valid argument. To qualify, the story has to be news, it has to be newsworthy, and it has to be of a political nature. Keeping in mind, of course, what may be "news of note" to conservatives isn't necessarily newsworthy. Please don't make me educate you on what is and is not newsworthy.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right. He's toooo partisan, and they put a partisan liberal in charge of their political news. Still got it. The rest of that paragraph (everything between the "B" and the period) is nothing more than a belief, one without any evidence to support it. If you could just point to one example of where Chalian, as their Political News Director, injected his views into any news show on CNN, then you'd have a valid argument. If you could show one example of where an agenda influenced Chalian's decisions, as their Political News Director, in deciding which stories to cover, as long as the story is actually newsworthy and not an issue of a conservative agenda, then you'd have a valid argument. To qualify, the story has to be news, it has to be newsworthy, and it has to be of a political nature. Keeping in mind, of course, what may be "news of note" to conservatives isn't necessarily newsworthy. Please don't make me educate you on what is and is not newsworthy.

One example would be the Trump coverage. They must think its newsworthy, because they have a lot of coverage of him. But they almost always have three guests and a liberal news personality questioning them about Trump. The guests include a Democrat supporter, a Bush supporter and a Trump supporter. The conversation is usually about two of them with help from the show host, slamming Trump about something, while the one Trump supporter tries to get in a word or two. That's how it's usually done. Any news about Trump will immediately get regurgitated afterwards as negative as possible so as to diminish anything positive about him.
David Chalian behind the scenes, with his hands on his mouth, chuckling real hard.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Clearly, my hopes were far too high.

One example would be the Trump coverage. They must think its newsworthy, because they have a lot of coverage of him.
OK, Trump is newsworthy, generally speaking, at least within the context of his political campaign. And he makes himself available to them (unlike Fox News), so they cover him. A lot. CNN has had more Trump coverage than the other Republican candidates, and the Democratic candidates, combined. The problem for many political and media analysts has been in the quantity of coverage and how it has potentially aided Trump’s climb to the top spot in the GOP field. Democrats don't like it, the other Republicans don't like it.

But they almost always have three guests and a liberal news personality questioning them about Trump. The guests include a Democrat supporter, a Bush supporter and a Trump supporter. The conversation is usually about two of them with help from the show host, slamming Trump about something, while the one Trump supporter tries to get in a word or two. That's how it's usually done.
A) Not news. You're describing a talk and opinion show, not news. B) Even at that, you have failed utterly to show where Chalian, as their Political News Director, injected his views into any the show, much less into any news show. C) You're actually more accurately describing how Fox News treats Trump and other (non-favored) politicians, not CNN.

Any news about Trump will immediately get regurgitated afterwards as negative as possible so as to diminish anything positive about him.
Except that hasn't happened, either. I think you're seeing bias where it doesn't even exist. They certainly favor Hilary, and by default Sanders, because they're mostly liberal, but they don't report on Trump in the most negative way possible. They'e not gonna stump for him and fawn over him like they did with Obama, but just because they don't doesn't mean it's part of an agenda, Chalian's or anyone else.

David Chalian behind the scenes, with his hands on his mouth, chuckling real hard.
And you know this how, exactly?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the bad news department, supporters of Carson's campaign are wasting their money, if they think he has any realistic shot of actually being elected as POTUS.

A candidate with no foreign policy experience, who happens to be black. That will never happen.:rolleyes:

Last edited: