The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That part confirms no man is above the law.
I don't know why the fixation with the left on "No man is above the law," since nobody ever said otherwise. The Justice Department has determined that a president can't be indicted while in office, but that hardly makes the president above the law. The day he's no longer in office he can be indicted and tried until the cows come home

Reactions: davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It's a loss. Trump did not work his way through district, appellate and the Supreme Court to argue for a delay in complying with subpoenas. He argued for immunity from complying with subpoenas. The court ruled against him. He lost.

That part confirms no man is above the law. It is a legal point, a finding of the Court, that rises above all election cycles and campaigns.

On the political side, yes it is true that Trump's tax records (which are typically and voluntarily released by almost every other presidential candidate) are unlikely to see the light of day until after the election. As I said above, that is of little consequence. It seems likely that Trump is going to lose the election. His tax records becoming public or not will not change that.
It does look like it is kicked back to the lower court, so may or may not see some changes. Still I am sure he is thinking this is at least a partial win. Keeping anything away from Congress would be a win in his case. Lol

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It's a loss. Trump did not work his way through district, appellate and the Supreme Court to argue for a delay in complying with subpoenas. He argued for immunity from complying with subpoenas. The court ruled against him. He lost.

That part confirms no man is above the law. It is a legal point, a finding of the Court, that rises above all election cycles and campaigns.

On the political side, yes it is true that Trump's tax records (which are typically and voluntarily released by almost every other presidential candidate) are unlikely to see the light of day until after the election. As I said above, that is of little consequence. It seems likely that Trump is going to lose the election. His tax records becoming public or not will not change that.

Don’t bet on it.

Courts can move pretty quickly when they want to.

After Trump’s Supreme Court Loss, D.A. Moves Closer to Getting Tax Records

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Who knew better? Democrats had a primary debate on Feb 28th and didn't even mention a virus. Didn't even field a question on it. Meanwhile Pelosi was planning parties in China town. Lmao. You are watching too much Rachel. LOl

Nope.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I don't know why the fixation with the left on "No man is above the law," since nobody ever said otherwise. The Justice Department has determined that a president can't be indicted while in office, but that hardly makes the president above the law. The day he's no longer in office he can be indicted and tried until the cows come home

There are actually multiple OLC opinions on that ... and they conflict ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It does look like it is kicked back to the lower court, so may or may not see some changes. Still I am sure he is thinking this is at least a partial win. Keeping anything away from Congress would be a win in his case. Lol

He’d spin it as a win even if it was a complete disaster ... which it was ...