The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You know who else is from Macomb County? Eminem, Kid Rock, and Alice Cooper. That explains everything else.

Well, except for explaining why the House Democrats can't get their grubby little hands on Trump's tax returns and then immediately leak them to The Press before the November election. CNN is apoplectic, spittin' bubbles apoplectic.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know who else is from Macomb County? Eminem, Kid Rock, and Alice Cooper.
Fwiw..... Eminem was born in St Joseph, Mo & grew up in Detroit. ...... Alice Cooper was born in Detroit & grew up in Phoenix Az.

As far as Kid Rock.......

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fwiw..... Eminem was born in St Joseph, Mo & grew up in Detroit. ...... Alice Cooper was born in Detroit & grew up in Phoenix Az.

As far as Kid Rock.......
I admit I don't follow any of those people all that closely, but I do know that Eminem went to school in Macomb County. At least part of the time. He and his mother moved back and forth between Michigan and Missouri, about every year or two, apparently mostly living ith relatives in different places. But in his song "Brain Damage," Eminem sang (OK, rapped) about his experiences being bullied in elementary school by classmate D'Angelo Bailey, who later responded by filing a $1 million defamation lawsuit in 2001. The judge dismissed the case, with, uhm, a gavel rap. But at the time the brain damage happened, Eminem's mother sued the school, but a Macomb County Judge dismissed the case saying the school could not be sued for that.

On Alice Cooper, I remember reading where he lived for a time in New Baltimore, something about the church he went to. The only reason I remember it is because it was a day or two after I discovered the new Walmart in New Baltimore, and discovered New Baltimore. Early in my expediting days.

As far as Kid Rock, he makes a mean Mac and Cheese.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Eminem
Rapper
Marshall Bruce Mathers III, known professionally as Eminem, is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer. Credited with popularizing hip hop to Middle America, Eminem's global success and acclaimed works are widely regarded as having broken racial barriers for the acceptance of white rappers in popular music. While much of his t…
Now I know who this is,,,I think

ATeam

Retired Expediter
"WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court agreed Friday to hear President Donald Trump's appeal of lower court orders, now on hold, that require his banks and accountants to turn over financial records to the House and local prosecutors in New York.

'By granting review of these cases now, the justices made it possible for them to be heard during the current court term, most likely in March, with a decision by the end of June ..." (Source)

Most people believed these three financial records cases would end up in the Supreme Court. Now we know the Court will consider all three at once and will issue it's decision(s) by June.

Today, July 9, 2020, the Supreme Court ruled on the Trump tax cases it agreed to take.

Trump lost.

One of the consequences of the ruling is the records Trump tried to keep out of the hands of the New York prosecutor will soon be in that prosecutor's hands.

Of greater consequence to the country, and perhaps to Trump himself, the Court clearly stated that no man is above the law, even if he is the President of the United States. By a 7-2 majority, the Supreme Court soundly rejected Trump's claim of immunity.

It is interesting to note that the two Trump appointees (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh) voted with the majority in this ruling and against the case Trump tried to make.

There is a lot of talk about Trump's records not be handed over and/or publicly seen before the election. To me, that is of little consequence. Things are not looking good for his re-election now. The records becoming public would not change that trajectory. Eventually, the records will be obtained and prosecutors will proceed if they then find cause to do so.

The item of most significance is the Court upheld the checks and balances system that makes America great. The Court made it clear, the president is not above the law.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Today, July 9, 2020, the Supreme Court ruled on the Trump tax cases it agreed to take.

Trump lost.

One of the consequences of the ruling is the records Trump tried to keep out of the hands of the New York prosecutor will soon be in that prosecutor's hands.

Of greater consequence to the country, and perhaps to Trump himself, the Court clearly stated that no man is above the law, even if he is the President of the United States. By a 7-2 majority, the Supreme Court soundly rejected Trump's claim of immunity.

It is interesting to note that the two Trump appointees (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh) voted with the majority in this ruling and against the case Trump tried to make.

There is a lot of talk about Trump's records not be handed over and/or publicly seen before the election. To me, that is of little consequence. Things are not looking good for his re-election now. The records becoming public would not change that trajectory. Eventually, the records will be obtained and prosecutors will proceed if they then find cause to do so.

The item of most significance is the Court upheld the checks and balances system that makes America great. The Court made it clear, the president is not above the law.

It’s not only HIS re-election ...

IMG_1473.JPG

They knew better ... and they did nothing ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Trump lost.

The IRS hasn't seen his tax returns?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The IRS hasn't seen his tax returns?
I would expect the IRS has most certainly seen Trump's tax returns but that has nothing to do with today's Supreme Court ruling. The tax returns are being sought as part of a grand jury investigation. Trump did not want them released and fought the subpoena in court, all the way to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court ruled against him today.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I would expect the IRS has most certainly seen Trump's tax returns but that has nothing to do with today's Supreme Court ruling. The tax returns are being sought as part of a grand jury investigation. Trump did not want them released and fought the subpoena in court, all the way to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court ruled against him today.
Yes, i know. The IRS has already audited Trump. So this "investigation" is just an attempt at a political hit job.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Judge asks appeals court to reconsider decision ordering him to dismiss Flynn charges

“En banc ...”

It seems that Judge Sullivan has no immediate plans to just go quietly into the good night ...

emoji23.png
Apparently kookoo Judge Sullivan's ideas and methods have become unsound.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't see a Trump loss at this point. Looks like he got what he wanted. All the tax stuff will be pushed back of November. After that, unless there is something criminal, there would be no reason for him to care. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see something leaked. Especially if poll numbers tighten up.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I don't see a Trump loss at this point. Looks like he got what he wanted. All the tax stuff will be pushed back of November. After that, unless there is something criminal, there would be no reason for him to care. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see something leaked. Especially if poll numbers tighten up.
It's a loss. Trump did not work his way through district, appellate and the Supreme Court to argue for a delay in complying with subpoenas. He argued for immunity from complying with subpoenas. The court ruled against him. He lost.

That part confirms no man is above the law. It is a legal point, a finding of the Court, that rises above all election cycles and campaigns.

On the political side, yes it is true that Trump's tax records (which are typically and voluntarily released by almost every other presidential candidate) are unlikely to see the light of day until after the election. As I said above, that is of little consequence. It seems likely that Trump is going to lose the election. His tax records becoming public or not will not change that.

Reactions: davekc