The Trump Card...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Give me a break! How can this be explained away as misspoke? Hardly!
IMHO, of course.
When you do a gazillion interviews on a gazillion subjects and the questions and answers volley back and forth in rapid fire, it's easy to misspeak. It can be explained pretty easily. When Obama visited Buckingham Palace he signed the visitor's registry "24 May 2008." It was 2011. Did he fabricate that date? Did he lie? Or did his mind tell him the wrong date?

Remember when Obama said, ”In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died-an entire town destroyed.”? You probably don't, because the media didn't crap themselves over such a blatant lie. Only 12 people died. But, hey, 10,000, 12, close enough for the mainstream media. To the rest of us, those are alternative facts.

Remember when Obama talked with George Stephanopoulos about his "Muslim faith: when he really meant to say his "Christian faith."? Morons had a field day with that one, too.

Remember when Obama said during the campaign that he'd been to all 57 states? Was he thinking about the 57 Islamic-member States of the Organization of the Islamic Conference when he said that? I dunno. I think he misspoke.

Remember when Obama said his daughter Malia was 13 years old, when she was really only 12? Alternative facts liar.

Remember when Obama said, “The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.”? OK, in his defense, that one actually turned out to be true, but I think he really meant to say "efficiencies" instead of "inefficiencies."

Remember when Obama told Joe the Plumber, “When you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”? Oh, wait. Bad example. He was serious about that.

But yeah, I think she misspoke. She probably had the word "massacre" floating around in her head after hearing it ad nauseum by the media talking about Trump's firing of AG Yates as being exactly the same as Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre (even though they weren't even remotely the same).
I watched a show that ran an experiment....counter to what people believe..they can not multi task without err....the human brain can only have one focal point at a time....and they proved it....people who thought they were multi tasking were actually doing a crappy job....their memory of the tasks they had to do was not accurate and the work they had to do was flawed...when you get someone with a ton of stuff on their schedule at some time its going to go wrong, misspoke with a politician has been well documented as a risk...

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Case in point comes to mind how many of us have blown passed our exit or the address we were looking for while we were talking to somebody with even with the headset on?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
McCarthy did a good imitation of Spicer. Sometimes SNL has some bad imitators, but it looks like she has a new gig for awhile.
There were a couple of times I thought she was gonna break, like with the mouthful of chewing gum, but she stuck to it. She totally committed to it. She stole the show. The Trump phone call bit was only mildly amusing, just as lazy and uninspired as most of the Baldwin bits have been all season. Although, Trump on the phone with German Angela Merkel and he says “I’m going to write a memoir about this struggle, and call it ‘My Struggle’ – what would that be in German?” that was hilarious.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
He may surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off.
WOW, just happened to look at the first page of this thread. Dave, you're looking pretty smart right now. Please PM me the next Powerball #

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
And I said 'let the games begin'. They haven't stopped since. :D

I knew he was going to win because he wasn't "low energy" and everything was "big league". And Hillary was just that bad. lmao. JK. :D

Reactions: Grizzly and Turtle

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
He may surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off.
WOW, just happened to look at the first page of this thread. Dave, you're looking pretty smart right now. Please PM me the next Powerball #

And I said 'let the games begin'. They haven't stopped since. :D

I knew he was going to win because he wasn't "low energy" and everything was "big league". And Hillary was just that bad. lmao. JK. :D
He won because it's now time for Republicans after 8 years it will be Democratics lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Lo

Lol nope 8 years but I'm not a Republican or democrat lol just the way it seems to go 8 years one way then 8 years the outher way
It will probably be more. Once he abolishes the court system he will start having congressmen that disagree with him removed. Then he will win the next several elections by 90%, just like his hero, President for life Putin.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
like the US, Canada will take people in...as long as they pass the requirements....Trudeau is just grandstanding thinking he is looking good....someone should have told him he looks foolish...
the US still takes people in as long as they pass the requirements too....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
She just misspoke. That didn't stop people from having a field day with it, though.
And, now another source has come out that she also "mis-spoke" several daze before the Chris Matthews interview and they have the same statement in a recorded interview. Used to be when you repeated something that was wrong you were spreading a lie. Now you can just pass it off as alternative facts. Wish I had the "alternative facts" option back in high school, I would have spent a lot less time in detention .

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And, now another source has come out that she also "mis-spoke" several daze before the Chris Matthews interview and they have the same statement in a recorded interview.
So rather than a simple misspeak, it looks like she wasn't fully aware of the facts and got everything jumbled up in a confused mess.
Used to be when you repeated something that was wrong you were spreading a lie.
Not if you don't think it's a lie. A lie is an explicit intent to deceive. If after Conway was informed (or had bothered to fully inform herself) about the facts of the two in Bowling Green, and she then continued to spread the false version, that would be a lie. But once she found out about what all went on with those two, she has admitted the error and has not stated the falsehood since.

Rather than paint her as a liar, it is more accurate and fair to paint her as ignorant and incompetent (at least with respect to this issue and possibly others).

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And, now another source has come out that she also "mis-spoke" several daze before the Chris Matthews interview and they have the same statement in a recorded interview.
So rather than a simple misspeak, it looks like she wasn't fully aware of the facts and got everything jumbled up in a confused mess.
Used to be when you repeated something that was wrong you were spreading a lie.
Not if you don't think it's a lie. A lie is an explicit intent to deceive. If after Conway was informed (or had bothered to fully inform herself) about the facts of the two in Bowling Green, and she then continued to spread the false version, that would be a lie. But once she found out about what all went on with those two, she has admitted the error and has not stated the falsehood since.

Rather than paint her as a liar, it is more accurate and fair to paint her as ignorant and incompetent (at least with respect to this issue and possibly others).

This is where individual opinion comes in. You believe that she misspoke and if so YOU may be correct. However, I believe that she knew what she was saying was wrong and only backtracked when the pressure was turned up. I honestly, again - my opinion, don't think that woman cares about truth, only how to spin reality into virtual reality. As with most Trump surrogates, and our President himself, they appear, to my eyes, to have a greater interest in the drama of the presentation then the subject being looked at.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
“It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that,”

I know that many news outlets shape their news to fit their agenda, I wish they didn't - but - that's life. One thing they all have in common is the desire to get a story, a juicy one, and, be the first one out with it. "The Scoop" is the dream in Journalism, always has been, always will be. So, when President Trump makes the above statement about the press not reporting terrorism I have to ask, Is HE lying or if he believes this to be true, and just misspoke, then I also have to ask, does he have both feet anchored in reality?

Again, this is my opinion and this is the soapbox, I am not claiming to be smarter than anyone else or that anyone else is wrong. President Trump just plain scares me.

Reactions: Grizzly