The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To any Sarah Palin fans, I want to sincerely apologize for totally ruining it for you. But this right here is Sarah Palin.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know if that helps or hurts him? I am surprised she threw McCain under the bus. Well....maybe not?:eek:
Not at all, after McCain threw her under the bus and backed over her for good measure. Look at the splash her endorsement made in the media, and it didn't cost him a nickel. What's more, not a single Trump supporter will turn away from him because of it.

Reactions: muttly

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not at all, after McCain threw her under the bus and backed over her for good measure. Look at the splash her endorsement made in the media, and it didn't cost him a nickel. What's more, not a single Trump supporter will turn away from him because of it.

Very true. Not really sure he gained anything but don't think it hurts him either.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Driving around all day and can't get 'Animal crackers in my soup' out of my head. :D
Whenever I hear Sarah Palin speak, that's what I hear. She's got the same facial expressions and mannerisms, too.
shirley1.jpg

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Not because of Palin, but some conservatives who are considering Trump dislike his pandering in Iowa and his ridiculous attacks on Cruz.
He could see an erosion of support from them and might not get them back if he wins the nomination.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Being the astute businessman he claims to be, it was surprising to see him go all-in for ethanol subsidies. On the other hand, with Cruz coming out against ethanol welfare and the IA governor coming out against Cruz the Trump political sellout is understandable.Trouble is, it won't do him any good in any of the state primaries that don't rely heavily on corn.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
National Review Online unwittingly does its best to advance Trump's cause
So clueless is the Gang of 22 they can’t even see how they’ve stumbled right into the narrative Trump’s been communicating so successfully for months. Just like the elected officials from both parties, the Gang of 22 has been GREAT at complaining about stuff, year, after year, after year.
But getting anything accomplished? Not so much.
Many of the Gang of 22 have been hanging around and chattering for decades, and some are active cogs in the Conservative Entertainment Complex, deriving their income by pandering to conservative anger while offering no real solutions.

National Review just handed Donald Trump the Election | Republican News Watch
The author may be on to something.

Reactions: Turtle

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
IMHO, Cruz benefits more so than Trump or Fox; most people have seen enough debates already. Gives him a chance to distance himself from the rest of the pack, and Trump figures the others are fighting for 2d place anyway. Also, if Megyn Kelly doesn't tone down her act viewers will change channels in a hurry. She was pretty annoying the last time.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Cruz has gone into attack mode on this. He has been on a lot of shows today and called out Trump for declining to appear in the Fox debate. He's even challenged Trump to a mono on mono debate(hour and a half) on the Mark Levin show. Agree about Kelly's performance. IMO, Fox News should have went with Shannon Breem in place of Kelly in the first debate and the upcoming one.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anybody else notice the change in her demeanor and hairdo? Somebody evidently sent word that she needed to tone it down and act/look more professional, and IMHO she did a much better job as a moderator this time.