The Trump Card...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With our debt, that is only a fraction of it, and you are looking at it with low rates. What happens when rates rise? Who is going to pay for that increase? Surprise. As mentioned, aging population and potentially less revenue on the horizon, then what? Just do the math.
If you want to look deeper, take a hard look at foreign currency and what banks are doing globally. A repeat of 08 isn't all that far away if things stay on the current path. One of those, follow the money.
There is a reason that many want to audit the federal reserve. Lot of trickery with what you see. Even at 19 trillion in the hole, we have 60 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: westmicher and Moot

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, when the interest rates rise back up to normalcy, it has a direct effect on the interest paid on the national debt. Interest rates rise 3 percent, so does the interest on the debt, and suddenly it's not a discussion of 18% or 22%, it's 18% or 25%.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This gem just came out today. For 2015.
The US government just published its audited financial statements this morning, signed and sealed by Treasury Secretary Jack Lew.

These reports are intended provide an accurate accounting of government finances, just like any big corporation would do.

And once again, the US government’s financial condition has declined significantly from the previous year.

For 2015, the government reports 3.2 trillion in assets.

This includes everything from financial assets like bank balances to physical assets like tanks, bullets, aircraft carriers, and the federal highway system.

Curiously, the single biggest line item amongst these listed assets is the $1.2 trillion in student loans that are owed to the government by the young people of America.

This is pretty extraordinary when you think about it.

37% of the government’s total reported assets are student loans, which is now considered one of the most precarious bubbles in finance.

$1.2 trillion is similar to the size of the subprime mortgage market back in 2008. And delinquency rates are rising, now at 11.5% according to Federal Reserve data.

Plus, it’s simply astonishing that so much of the federal government’s asset base is tantamount to indentured servitude as young people pay off expensive university degrees that barely land them jobs making coffee at Starbucks.

On the other side of the equation are a reported $21.5 trillion in liabilities, giving the government an official net worth of negative $18.2 trillion.

This is down from last year’s negative $17.7 trillion and $16.9 trillion the year prior. It just keeps getting worse.

But there’s one thing that’s even more incredible about all of this.

You see, each year these financial statements are audited by the government’s in-house agency known as the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

All big companies do this. They publish financial statements, which are then reviewed by an independent audit firm.

Auditors are a critical component of the financial reporting process.

It’s their responsibility to make sure that shareholders and the public can have confidence in a company’s financial statements.

When Apple publishes an annual report for example, auditors go through all the books of the company and make sure that management is accurately representing the company’s true condition.

Then when an auditor issues a failing grade, or what’s known as a qualified opinion, crap hits the fan.

At the very hint of impropriety a company’s stock price will tank immediately. People get fired. SEC investigations are launched.

And now based on US securities law and section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act from 2002, senior executives can face criminal charges if their companies receive a failing grade from their auditors.

This is serious stuff.

Yet year after year the GAO gives the federal government a failing grade in its audit report of America’s financial statements. Simply amazing.

In this latest report, not only did the GAO chastise the federal government for its “unsustainable fiscal path”, but they state that the federal government consistently fails to prepare “reliable and complete financial information-- both for individual federal entities and for the federal government as a whole.”

The Department of Defense, Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Department of Agriculture are all singled out for their failure to prepare complete and accurate financial statements.

This is corroborated by a report published last year stating that the Defense Department has somehow “misplaced” $8.5 trillion of taxpayer money over the last 20 years.

The GAO cites other material weaknesses in the government’s reporting of supposed cost reductions in Medicare and Social Security.

In all, the GAO calculates that these financial uncertainties total $27.9 trillion, suggesting that the government’s true financial condition is far worse than reported.

Bottom line-- if this were a private company, Barack Obama and Jack Lew would be wearing orange jumpsuits in court while facing felony fraud charges. Throw congress in there as well. lol

It’s not just the $18.2 trillion in negative net worth. Or the $41+ trillion (by their own calculations) in the Social Security shortfall. So there is your close to 60 trillion in liabilities.

It’s the fact that they can’t even stand in front of the American people with an honest accounting of how pitiful the financial situation really is.

The government of the United States is totally, desperately, hopelessly bankrupt. And they become even more insolvent with each passing year.

We’re not talking about what ‘might happen’ or ‘could happen’. We’re talking about what IS happening.
Info pulled from Dunn & Bradstreet Rating

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Opinion piece full of agenda red flags (which invariable mean the exact opposite of what is said)
Pretty extraordinary!
Simply astonishing!
Even more incredible!
This is serious stuff!

You will find the same types of phrasing in Blogs about Obama being born in Kenya, Bush being the architectural mastermind behind 9/11, and how the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings were a staged hoax using actors. :D

Reactions: Windsor

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Opinion piece full of agenda red flags (which invariable mean the exact opposite of what is said)
Pretty extraordinary!
Simply astonishing!
Even more incredible!
This is serious stuff!

You will find the same types of phrasing in Blogs about Obama being born in Kenya, Bush being the architectural mastermind behind 9/11, and how the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings were a staged hoax using actors. :D

Very true. It is mostly the numbers out of it that caught my eye without the commentary.

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I watched yesterdays debate today. As much as I like some good bickering and banter, this was ridiculous. Some of the kids really needed a time out! :deadhorse:

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I watched yesterdays debate today. As much as I like some good bickering and banter, this was ridiculous. Some of the kids really needed a time out! :deadhorse:
This whole election is a joke. These are all the best and brightest people in our country that we can pick from to be the leader of our nation. We should be embarrassed! And all the people that ACTUALLY have all the money, power and influence are loving every minute of it. This is when I should say that we all need to wake up but that's never going to happen.

Reactions: Ragman and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
About 80,000 people attended the free introductory seminar, and an additional 9,200 paid for the three-day seminars, according to Schneiderman’s lawsuit. About 800 paid as much as $35,000 for the advanced packages.

Hmmm, so all these people have been through the programs, and only a very small amount want their money back and creating this fuss?

Must have been doing something right

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sure a lot of people are just too embarrassed that they got suckered out of their money.

It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of the seminar and buy something that you regret later, but nobody forced them to buy it.

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not saying that the whole seminar business isn't a sleazy business though. They prey on the gullible. Now that I think about it kind of like the Trump campaign does.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not saying that the whole seminar business isn't a sleazy business though. They prey on the gullible. Now that I think about it kind of like the Trump campaign does.

Just like all of get rich schemes you hear on a daily basis on any of the sports channels on sat radio.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If this Trump University begins to have negative political traction for him, I wouldn't be surprised if his campaign started marching out people who went through the 'program' and give glowing testimonials about how much money they made. ( If of course there are any. Lol)

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The media's banging on it hard, as are the GOP Elites. But all that effort to take down Trump is starting to look a little desperate, like they're genuinely afraid of him.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If he becomes president he'll have his finger on the nuclear trigger. Shouldn't we all be afraid?

TDave

Expert Expediter
The media's banging on it hard, as are the GOP Elites. But all that effort to take down Trump is starting to look a little desperate, like they're genuinely afraid of him.

I would have to think it shows more desperation than anything. It's a little bit late to rally around an other candidate. I don't think we ever saw a party implode before lol.

Reactions: Turtle

TDave

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know if the Republican party tries to block his nomination at the convention how would they be able to do this if Trump has the required delegates? I think I understand if he doesn't get the required delegates. I just don't know if the party could stop him especially after the primaries

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't think they can if Trump has the required delegates. Their (mostly establishment republicans )goal right now is to prevent him from getting the required delegates. Broker some kind of deal where he isn't the nominee. It would be interesting to see how that scenario plays out. They might decide to go on a kamikaze mission and deny Trump the nomination and pick someone like Rubio, thus alienating a whole bunch of voters who are for Trump. Then again, they probably think having Trump as their nominee will be a suicide mission as well. A pick your poison play for them.

Reactions: TDave and Turtle