The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You defend the same way the plaintiff asserts. She succeeded because she showed up. Trump failed because he didn't. There are other defamation trials and allegations of sexual abuse in the pipeline. We'll see if Trump shows up for those.
Defendants aren’t required to show up for civil suits. He “failed” because the jury erroneously applied other elements( and the Clinton judge let them) to a case that wasn’t originally at issue. It was a defamation case based on rape allegations, to which there wasn’t any evidence.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Defendants aren’t required to show up for civil suits. He “failed” because the jury erroneously applied other elements( and the Clinton judge let them) to a case that wasn’t originally at issue. It was a defamation case based on rape allegations, to which there wasn’t any evidence.
Either way, Trump lost. He has lawyers up the wazoo and unlimited resources with which to defend himself and he mounted no defense, and he lost.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Right. And it’s more than just Trump showing up in the evening at the rally after the storms clear. The rally goers have to arrive early and potentially expose themselves to severe weather for hours.
DeSantis made an unscheduled stop in Des Moines to draw attention to Trump's lame excuse.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
DeSantis made an unscheduled stop in Des Moines to draw attention to Trump's lame excuse.
Protecting your constituency is the job of the president.....a nasty storm that could have dropped a tornado is a da.nm good reason to cancel a rally.
How would you act if he kept the rally open and the storm had dropped a Tornado hmmm?

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Either way, Trump lost. He has lawyers up the wazoo and unlimited resources with which to defend himself and he mounted no defense, and he lost.
Doesn't matter what defense was presented when frivolous lawsuits are filed in deep blue areas with a deep blue judge putting their foot on the scale of a judicial process to make it unfair.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Doesn't matter what defense was presented when frivolous lawsuits are filed in deep blue areas with a deep blue judge putting their foot on the scale of a judicial process to make it unfair.
I know you believe that. I don't. I have more faith in the justice system than you do. Lately, Trump has lost in blue zip codes. And he has lost when his cases are appealed and heard directly buy judges nominated by Trump himself. When you see that happening, it compels a reasonable person to think it might be about the law and the facts after all. The zip code isn't wrong. The defendant is.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Protecting your constituency is the job of the president.....a nasty storm that could have dropped a tornado is a da.nm good reason to cancel a rally.
How would you act if he kept the rally open and the storm had dropped a Tornado hmmm?
That's not the point of my post. DeSantis made an unscheduled stop in Des Moines to mock Trump's excuse. It does not matter if Trump's excuse was valid or invalid. DeSantis seized an opportunity to mock Trump. DeSantis is starting to show some teeth. If he declares his candidacy, as he is expected to do, look for the gloves to come off. Trump will have a vicious, ruby red, popular Republican critic on his hands.

DeSantis has been bending over and taking it from Trump for a while now. This Des Moines move may be a signal that he may be a fighter after all.
In Florida he has a strongly loyal legislature and a weak Democratic party, and he had a weak Democratic opponent in the race for governor. He hasn't had to be brave or tough because his opposition is anemic in FL. Trump is a different kind of opponent and I think the only way for DeSantis to defeat him will be for DeSantis to give Trump as good as he got.

DeSantis has been kind to Trump to date, compared to how mean he needs to be if he's going to knock Trump off his perch. And even then, Trump will be the likely nominee because of the iron grip he has on GOP leadership and state party organizations.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know you believe that. I don't. I have more faith in the justice system than you do. Lately, Trump has lost in blue zip codes. And he has lost when his cases are appealed and heard directly buy judges nominated by Trump himself. When you see that happening, it compels a reasonable person to think it might be about the law and the facts after all. The zip code isn't wrong. The defendant is.
It’s common knowledge that lawfare is all about filing cases in heavily blue areas where there are heavily blue judges. Lawfare knows they can have the weakest of the weak cases but as long as it’s filed in NY, DC, Fulton County, or other heavy blue areas they can do whatever they want with trampling on judicial process. They’re too cowardice to file in most of the rest of the country. Again, there are Trump appointed judges that are actually picked by Dems.
It’s deal making with the judiciary committee regarding district court nominees.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's not the point of my post. DeSantis made an unscheduled stop in Des Moines to mock Trump's excuse. It does not matter if Trump's excuse was valid or invalid. DeSantis seized an opportunity to mock Trump. DeSantis is starting to show some teeth. If he declares his candidacy, as he is expected to do, look for the gloves to come off. Trump will have a vicious, ruby red, popular Republican critic on his hands.

DeSantis has been bending over and taking it from Trump for a while now. This Des Moines move may be a signal that may be a fighter after all.
In Florida he has a strongly loyal legislature and a weak Democratic party, and he had a weak Democratic opponent in the race for governor. He hasn't had to be brave or tough because his opposition is anemic in FL. Trump is a different kind of opponent and I think the only way for DeSantis to defeat him will be for DeSantis to give Trump as good as he got.

DeSantis has been kind to Trump to date, compared to how mean he needs to be if he's going to knock Trump off his perch. And even then, Trump will be the likely nominee because of the iron grip he has on GOP leadership and state party organizations.
DeSantis is losing to Trump in his own Ruby Red state by a lot.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
DeSantis is losing to Trump in his own Ruby Red state by a lot.
That may be, which only reinforces my point. The only way for DeSantis to knock Trump off his perch will be to treat Trump like Trump has treated DeSantis. I may be wrong about DeSantis. He may continue to bend over and take it from Trump. We'll find out after he officially declares. My guess is the claws come out after DeSantis declares, and Trump will double down when he learns his crib-kill attempts failed.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Look trump is not a nice man when it comes to business we know that but we also know he cares about the American people.
He owes nothing to special interests or to anyone political group.
But hey he has beaten
2 impeachments and been acquitted twice.
Was investigated over a phone call.
Was accused of collusion with Russia.
Was accused of rigging the Georgia election.
Was accused of taking classified documents and not storing them properly.
He has been accused of rape and sexual assault.

And then you have Biden
45 plus years in government office
He has been accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment more times than trump.
You have the hunter laptop that is not Russia disinformation but real information on the Biden business dealing for influence in to the tune of over 10 million dollars so far found....other wise why do you need over 20 plus llc to move so much money a round....then you have joe Biden getting caught with classified documents that he shouldn't even have had as vice president and maybe stuff back when he was a senator.....but the hate is aimed at trump.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lawfare is where you weaponize the law against the person you hate.
Lawfare is a play on words. Like warfare, but with law instead. Weaponizing the legal system by political enemies. But they need to do it in deep blue areas with deep blue judges or the cases go nowhere. The juries, being blue as well, will agree to anything that the blue prosecutors spoon feed them. The blue judges make sure that the blue prosecutors have a distinct advantage in court with their evidence rulings. It’s a blue team operation working in synchronicity.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Time Out

Once again, I find myself having too much fun on EO at the expense of more important tasks at work. It's time for a break. I'll be off EO for the next 3 months or more.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Rest Of The Story: The Contingent Electors, the Hawaii legal precedent, and Fulton County Court violating the election code by not promptly scheduling a hearing for election challenges.

IMG_3127.jpegIMG_3128.jpegIMG_3129.jpegIMG_3130.jpegIMG_3131.jpegIMG_3132.jpegIMG_3133.jpeg

Last edited: