The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did Carroll get the idea about an “incident” from a Law and Order episode? It appears so.

Why did the highly partisan Clinton judge allow the Access Hollywood tape to be played in court? That isn’t relevant to the specific allegations and is highly prejudicial. That’s why the hack judge allowed it in.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump may have a legitimate case for appeal. An interview Carroll did with Anderson Cooper is making the rounds online, and she doesn't do herself any favors.

"Carroll described the alleged event between Trump and her as a "fight" rather than "rape...
She said: "I think most people think of rape as being sexy. They think of the fantasies."

The heavily Democratic jury couldn’t even find by a preponderance of the evidence (51 percent) that a rape occurred.

Reactions: danthewolf00

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, a Savanna Guthrie TownHall. Host peppered Trump and hogged most of the questions. About 4 or so audience questions, which were surprisingly good. Trump crushed it though.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The heavily Democratic jury couldn’t even find by a preponderance of the evidence (51 percent) that a rape occurred.
That's right. And Trump was not found liable for rape, which proves the system works. The jury did find evidence sufficient to find him liable for sexual abuse and defamation. Which also shows the system worked.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Did Carroll get the idea about an “incident” from a Law and Order episode? It appears so.

Why did the highly partisan Clinton judge allow the Access Hollywood tape to be played in court? That isn’t relevant to the specific allegations and is highly prejudicial. That’s why the hack judge allowed it in.
You can probably find out exactly why by reading the trial transcript.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's right. And Trump was not found liable for rape, which proves the system works. The jury did find evidence sufficient to find him liable for sexual abuse and defamation. Which also shows the system worked.
No, the system didn’t work. It’s broken.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No, the system didn’t work. It’s broken.
We may find out in yet another way. Trump has been savaging Carroll online and in interviews. He did it tonight in the CNN Town Hall meeting, calling her a "whack job." That's defamation and she may well take him to court again.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump is likely to appeal whether he has legitimate reasons or not. The quote you cite above is a reach as grounds for appeal.
The quote isn't the point - it's Carroll herself and the way she projects herself in the interview. She sounds like a nut case. This action would've likely been dismissed in almost any state but NY.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The quote isn't the point - it's Carroll herself and the way she projects herself in the interview. She sounds like a nut case. This action would've likely been dismissed in almost any state but NY.
Was that interview allowed in the trial? The Clinton hack judge allowed the Access Hollywood tape in.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was that interview allowed in the trial? The Clinton hack judge allowed the Access Hollywood tape in.
I believe the interview was done after the trial; it was with Anderson Cooper, and I only heard clips of it on radio. Maybe somebody can find it on YouTube.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe the interview was done after the trial; it was with Anderson Cooper, and I only heard clips of it on radio. Maybe somebody can find it on YouTube.
I’ve seen that clip before the trial was over. It’s from 2019.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’ve seen that clip before the trial was over. It’s from 2019.
You're right; here it is.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Liberal media are going apoplectic over CNN Town Hall with Trump last night. "Disgraceful", "Train Wreck", and other hilarious adjectives being used by MSNBC, Rolling Stone and the other usual suspects. However, the winner by far was CNN with 3.3 Million viewers in that 8PM time slot. Fox News and MSNBC lagged far behind with 1.3M each. The ratings in the 25-54 demographic were even more drastic - a total blowout of the competition. Maybe CNN is moving away from the low-rent liberal orthodoxy and the others can't stand it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Liberal media are going apoplectic over CNN Town Hall with Trump last night. "Disgraceful", "Train Wreck", and other hilarious adjectives being used by MSNBC, Rolling Stone and the other usual suspects. However, the winner by far was CNN with 3.3 Million viewers in that 8PM time slot. Fox News and MSNBC lagged far behind with 1.3M each. The ratings in the 25-54 demographic were even more drastic - a total blowout of the competition. Maybe CNN is moving away from the low-rent liberal orthodoxy and the others can't stand it.

Those are Tucker numbers for CNN.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

A seemingly hapless Collins was steamrolled by Trump who commanded the event the entire time. And the event was obviously a ratings hit, for that hour that time. I don't know what conclusions can be drawn about the future of CNN from that one hour. One would need a little more to go on than that. There may be more, but the topic does not interest me enough to follow it much.