The Trump Card...

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Why does everything have to have a partisan spin?
Can't something be for the good of the state? Guess not with the current group of haters on the Rabid Right.

Former Gov. Rick Snider (R) negotiated an agreement with Endbridge to build a tunnel. Endbridge broke the deal. Apparently the Repubs running Michigan (yes, Repubs... they control the legislature) dont care.
Would that be the same guy that owns the bridge.....yup he kept backing out of the deal.....he also didn't like them going around him and building a new bridge right next to his crappy falling a part international bridge.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
No, not correct - not even close.

First off, there is no "dept of forest management" ...

:tearsofjoy:

Secondly, federally-owned land in California comprises 47.70 percent of California's total land, 47,797,533 acres out of 100,206,720 total acres - much of it forested or otherwise "wild".

That's a huge amount of land, the management of which, has very little to do with California State government.

Federal land policy in California

Now ... guess who is responsible for that federal land ?

So you're going with "they should have raked the forest floors" ... like Orange Man suggested ?

Of course.

How did I not see that coming ?

Fact of the matter is, PGE has been incompetent for many, many years (to the point of being criminally negligent in some cases)

Otherwise, we'd probably never know who Erin Brockovich is:

Hinkley groundwater contamination

Thank God for Cal EPA (and Cal Fire)
Rake the forest floor are you nuts there is larger stuff than merely twigs on the ground that can burn.....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Funny thing is the algae starts over in the eastern part of the lake and moves west....see I do follow the reports of this algae because I like to swim at maumee bay park.....and guess who runs the state east of ohio.....Democrats

I don't think I'd be telling that to the PA Legislature ... or the State Treasurer or Auditor General for that matter ...

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
BTW - just another point of curiosity - what exactly would you do with it ?

IOW, how would you dispose of it in an environmentally safe manner, so it no longer posed a hazard ?

Reactions: Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
BTW - just another point of curiosity - what exactly would you do with it ?

IOW, how would you dispose of it in an environmentally safe manner, so it no longer posed a hazard ?
They do controlled burns....with everything in piles so as to not have a wildfire start..I do have friends in the forestry industry.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They do controlled burns....with everything in piles so as to not have a wildfire start..

Ok ... if you say so.

Now address the previous question as to how long.

And while you're at it, address the manpower required ... and give us a cost estimate.

Since we are discussing federal lands, I presume your advocacy on this issue indicates a willingness on your part to fund it with your federal tax dollars.

FWIW, Cal Fire has well over 10,000 people operating during fire season, 6,000 of which permanent employees with another 2,600 being seasonal and they have an annual budget of over 2 billion dollars.

And they're primarily responsible for fighting fires on 31 million acres of state-owned forests (as compared to 47 million acres in California owned by the Feds)

I do have friends in the forestry industry.

Good ... if they're based in the West, then have them explain what the terrain is like.

And how easy it is for fires to go out-of-control in CA and other states in the West.

Last edited:

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't something be for the good of the state? Guess not with the current group of haters on the Rabid Right.

Former Gov. Rick Snider (R) negotiated an agreement with Endbridge to build a tunnel. Endbridge broke the deal. Apparently the Repubs running Michigan (yes, Repubs... they control the legislature) dont care.
Absolutely things can be good for that state. However from what we've seen from Democrats, not only in the state of Michigan as well as the country.... It's very clear that they do not do things for the betterment of this country. But instead do things for the benefit they receive from them. They have gone to great lengths to hurt this country in many ways. And personally I'm sick of tired of watching their tyrannical actions go unchecked.

Wow.. so a deal was negotiated to put a tunnel into the bedrock that would control any spill and prevent damage to it.... But that's a bad thing?? Democrats opposing that shows that they're not concerned about line five being safe.... But instead are using safety as an excuse to shut it down. Despite the fact that line 5 provides fuel for thousands of Michigan citizens in the up....

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interestingly, MI has most recently elected Democrats to a variety of statewide offices (Gov, Lt. Gov, SOS, and AG), and both US Senators are Democrats.

Also MI went for Joe and Kamala.

:)
Yeah and we've seen what prizes they've been.....

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok ... if you say so.

Now address the previous question as to how long.

And while you're at it, address the manpower required ... and give us a cost estimate.

Since we are discussing federal lands, I presume your advocacy on this issue indicates a willingness on your part to fund it with your federal tax dollars.

FWIW, Cal Fire has well over 10,000 people operating during fire season, 6,000 of which permanent employees with another 2,600 being seasonal and they have an annual budget of over 2 billion dollars.

And they're primarily responsible for fighting fires on 31 million acres of state-owned forests (as compared to 47 million acres in California owned by the Feds)

Good ... if they're based in the West, then have them explain what the terrain is like.

And how easy it is for fires to go out-of-control in CA and other states in the West.
Ah yes ..... raise our taxes so Democrats can have even more money to mismanage. That makes a lot of sense.

How about we cut off foreign aid to countries around the world? How about we cut off Aid to illegals? Let's cut funding for Democrat security details as they say police is not necessary?

Let's start with some cuts before we start talking about taking more of what people earn.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator

I have a question maybe you can answer for me. So why is it that people who oppose pipelines or certain pipeline still continue to heat their homes with fuel that is either brought in by a pipeline or has been in a pipeline at some point? Why is it the same people refuse to buy food and other goods because fuel that made it possible to be delivered by truck was at some point in a pipeline...

Why don't they practice what they preach? Can't say that you oppose pipelines yet still utilize them in some form or another....right?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Would that be the same guy that owns the bridge.....yup he kept backing out of the deal.....he also didn't like them going around him and building a new bridge right next to his crappy falling a part international bridge.
Nope, wrong guy.
I have a question maybe you can answer for me. So why is it that people who oppose pipelines or certain pipeline still continue to heat their homes with fuel that is either brought in by a pipeline or has been in a pipeline at some point? Why is it the same people refuse to buy food and other goods because fuel that made it possible to be delivered by truck was at some point in a pipeline...

Why don't they practice what they preach? Can't say that you oppose pipelines yet still utilize them in some form or another....right?
Under normal controversies i would agree, but this has to do with Endbridge not living up to an agreement made while Rick Snyder was Governor while in response to the Kalamazoo River spill.

By the way, this should be a non-partisan issue. Snyder is Republican. I would have thought you knew this.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope, wrong guy.

Under normal controversies i would agree, but this has to do with Endbridge not living up to an agreement made while Rick Snyder was Governor while in response to the Kalamazoo River spill.

By the way, this should be a non-partisan issue. Snyder is Republican. I would have thought you knew this.
So you're going to completely ignore my question? Deflection and goal post moving isn't going to work in this case.... I thought it was very clear but perhaps I need to elaborate further?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So you're going to completely ignore my question? Deflection and goal post moving isn't going to work in this case.... I thought it was very clear but perhaps I need to elaborate further?
Take off your right wing reading glasses and re-read my answer.

This has nothing to do with pipelines in general. They are needed. This has to do with a specific line just laying on the bottom of the lake. Endbridge agree to bury it while Rick Snyder was Governor, A Republican! Geeze