The Trump Card...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With Trump now testing positive for the virus, Im curious to see if there is any change in attitude towards it. Does he keep telling everyone that it is no big deal and just let it keep spreading or does he say he was wrong and that we all need to do our part to keep the virus from spreading. Even with his age and weight I doubt he will have any major complications, he will have access to all the best people and medications the world has to offer.

If he is able to make the next debate, lets see if everyone in his group keeps their masks on or they remove them and refuse to put them back on like they did in Cleveland.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Trump is an essential worker. There have been many essential workers that have caught the virus, even while taking precautions. Unfortunately it goes with the territory. They can't stay in isolation is my point.

Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
So I'm going to be driving up to the thumb of Michigan in the next day or so. I'll be checking out the political yard signs on the way. I'll provide an update of what I see. It's been over a couple of months since I was up there last. I'm working just north of Detroit (suburb)and what I've noticed is that Trump has approximately a 3 to 1 advantage in the yard sign total. There does seem to be more visible support for Biden (signs, flags) than there was for Hillary four years ago. Not sure how that translates because I also saw a national poll recently that said there is a decrease in enthusiasm of the Presidential candidate Biden compared to Hillary. It could be that this visible Biden support I'm seeing is largely due to an anti Trump contingent. An opposition to Trump is displayed by using a Biden yard sign.
Imo, I believe Michigan is in play, but Trump will need to get even a larger total of rural voters to win the state than last time.
Ok, just an update on my road trip up to the tip of the thumb of Michigan today, specifically from a north suburb of Detroit to the city of Port Austin. I drove two ways. On the way up I took a more westerly track up there and on the way back down it was closer to the lake on the east side of the thumb. The north drive I noticed approximately a 20 to 1 ratio of Trump signs to Biden. I dismissed the few signs that weren't on residential properties and that were put on vacant land. I noticed roughly about 90 plus Trump signs or so compared to around 5 Biden signs. The south drive I noticed a bit more Biden signs, but the Trump sign total still had roughly about a 12 to 1 or a bit greater edge. Imo, his base is enthusiastic and will have a high turnout. But still always an uphill battle here in Michigan. Should be a razor close election again. Certain polls show a virtual dead heat and the Senate race here is looking promising for the Republican candidate John James. Both of them being on the ballot at the same time could help each other in the vote totals as well.

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As for the debate that the moderator lost all control of, we need a stronger moderator, I vote for Stone Cold to moderate it, if Trump gets out of hand, he can do this to him again:

Reactions: Turtle

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A continual theme in this forum is poll inaccuracy. Below is a snapshot of the polls as they stand to date. It is from FiveThirtyEight, an entity that reports data from numerous polls. I share this not to argue about the accuracy or inaccuracy of today's polling, but to document what the polls say one month before the election. After the election, we can go back and see how valid or invalid the polls proved to be. Data current as of 10/7/20.

I like the FiveThirtyEight website. It's a handy, quick-reference source for polling data.

Attachments

• 538PollAverage20201007.PNG
    538PollAverage20201007.PNG
    91.7 KB · Views: 9

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Moderator for the next Presidential debate:
c860425466224ac4cb05fe514acabf29
Fixed it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There is no next debate.
Trump chickened out.
Uhm, no. The idea that Trump is afraid of the spotlight and the attention is laughable.

Put the word "virtual" in front of anything and it becomes immeasurably worse.

Virtual food
Virtual shower
Virtual reality
Virtual debate
Virtual concert
Virtual sex
Virtual fight with your wife

OK, that last one might actually be better than the real thing. You'd still lose, but it wouldn't be so bad.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
There is no next debate.
Trump chickened out.
Lol. This debate commission is showing themselves as a bunch of hacks. Why not postpone the debate for a few days and have the debate? But no, just cancel the whole dang thing.
Now the debate moderator is doubling down and claiming he was hacked after be caught tweeting with Trump hater Scaramucci. A direct message that was sent publicly by accident? Scary was probably giving him debate question ideas to ask Trump. In cahoots.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The debate moderator has a history of claiming his twitter has been hacked.

But, Chris Wallace vouches for him. Says he's a straight shooter (I didn't ask), and that he's well respected in the business. So, good enough for me!

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I'm a bit surprised that Trump didn't take HCQ after he tested positive. I know he took other things that apparently worked, but unless there could have been an adverse reaction to mixing medications i would have taken it as well.