The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In other words...... Lie!
i94
Barr's statement was that Berman is "stepping down". Not necessarily that he was voluntarily resigning. The statement was crafted so as not to use the harsh word "fired". A professional way of doing it. Berman didn't have a choice in the matter. Don't let my foot hit you in the behind as you are "stepping down" and exiting stage right. Not a lie.
Screenshot_20200622-202849.png

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OTOH, beware of whatever (fake) “October Surprise” Low Barr is trying to cook up in concert with Durham ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
It will be earlier than that. Some are getting nervous though. About to be exposed. Get the popcorn out.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Mini-Scoop: NJ US Attorney Craig Carpenito held a conference call Saturday morning with his entire staff and told them he'd only agreed to take over SDNY because Barr had told him Geoff Berman had resigned of his own volition. The first he'd heard about the whole thing ...

Awesome ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure how the ad hominem attack on Lesko has any bearing whatsoever on Mueller's affirmative response regarding his and Barr's joint statement on the report. Especially, since, you know Mueller and Barr's joint statement was released long before Lesko got involved in any way, shape or form. But it's a nice attempt at deflection, though.

Incidentally, you know who calls people a "partisan hack"?
Partisan hacks. Every time. It's amazing.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Awesome ...
emoji106.png

emoji23.png

Clearly some are ... getting nervous that is ...

View attachment 20130

Attachments

• 20200621_131904.jpg
    20200621_131904.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Awesome ...

Barr closed by saying:
Your [i.e., Berman’s] statement [on Friday night, refusing to step down] wrongly implies that your continued tenure in the office is necessary to ensure that cases now pending in the [SDNY] are handled appropriately. This is obviously false. I fully expect that the office will continue to handle all cases in the normal course and pursuant to the Department’s applicable standards, policies, and guidance. Going forward, if any actions or decisions are taken that office supervisors conclude are improper interference with a case, that information should be provided immediately to Michael Horowitz, the Department of Justice’s Inspector General, whom I am authorizing to review any such claim. The Inspector General’s monitoring of the situation will provide additional confidence that all cases will continue to be decided on the law and the facts.

Reactions: Turtle

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Barr closed by saying:

Horowitz still hasn’t managed to get around to investigating the rightwing whackjob leakers in the NY FBI office after what ... four years ?

I’m sure he’ll get right on any future submissions from SDNY ...