The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Impeachment is, and has always been, a political manuver. A crime doesn't need to have been committed.
Why the supporters of Blotus keep bringing this up is beyond me.

Not sure who Blotus is, but it keeps getting brought up because it's what the Constitution actually says, and it's what the Founding Fathers made very clear in the Federalist Papers, explicitly to prevent partisan, political impeachments. The only people who keep saying no crime is required for impeachment are the same people who want to impeach someone without the predicate of a crime.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok, so he used his elected office to further his personal agenda (being re elected) fine, I dont like it, but is it right? Hell no!!!!
There isn't a single elected official who wants to get reelected who doesn't do the same thing. It's how the system is set up. Politician does stuff the voters like, they vote for his reelection. If the politician does stuff the voters don't like, he doesn't get reelected. It's how it works. And it's how it's supposed to work. Did you not know that?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Asking a foreign government to start an investigation on a political rival that would benefit Trump, and only Trump, isn't impeachable?
If it would only benefit Trump, then maybe. But it's most definitely in the interest of the American people to know whether a candidate for the Office of the President of the United States, especially a front runner candidate, is in any way corruptly compromised by a foreign country. Wouldn't you want to know if someone you were about to vote for is or is not corrupt?

"and only Trump"... that's some funny stuff right there.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not sure who Blotus is, but it keeps getting brought up because it's what the Constitution actually says, and it's what the Founding Fathers made very clear in the Federalist Papers, explicitly to prevent partisan, political impeachments. The only people who keep saying no crime is required for impeachment are the same people who want to impeach someone without the predicate of a crime.
If only it was that simple.....

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it would only benefit Trump, then maybe. But it's most definitely in the interest of the American people to know whether a candidate for the Office of the President of the United States, especially a front runner candidate, is in any way corruptly compromised by a foreign country. Wouldn't you want to know if someone you were about to vote for is or is not corrupt?

"and only Trump"... that's some funny stuff right there.

To answer the question directly, yes I personally would want to know. How do you explain that Trump didn't? All Trump wanted was the announcement of an investigation. So, who would the appearance of a Joe Biden related investigation benefit? You? Me? ... or the big guy himself? .. and only him.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The indelible beauty of Trump's scams is that he shows his cards and then proceeds to keep lying.
Only Trump can pretend to be investigating corruption, as he's being corrupt!

Tell me, please .... anyone .... Turtle, Moot, Muttly .... anyone ...
How do you guys justify the POTUS being infiltrated by two Ukrainian businessmen, that had the poetic justice of naming their company Fraud Guarantee, as being acceptable?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only people who keep saying no crime is required for impeachment are the same people who want to impeach someone without the predicate of a crime.
"An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history" ---Gerald Ford

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The indelible beauty of Trump's scams is that he shows his cards and then proceeds to keep lying.
Only Trump can pretend to be investigating corruption, as he's being corrupt!

Tell me, please .... anyone .... Turtle, Moot, Muttly .... anyone ...
How do you guys justify the POTUS being infiltrated by two Ukrainian businessmen, that had the poetic justice of naming their company Fraud Guarantee, as being acceptable?
Dude, nobody gives a rat's azz about Ukraine. Most can't even find it on a map. So boring. Have you seen the polls? Impeachment is dropping like a rock with Independents, not just Trumpsters. This is a Dem obsession. They don't care about jobs and wages for people. They voted against the tax cut and they haven't brought to a vote the USMCA. They've tried to undermine Trump since he has been elected and have wanted him impeached ever since. Probably would have had a deal with China as well, but now they think they.can wait it out until a Dem President gets back in so they can roll them.
But we're all supposed to care about aid being delayed and STILL released before the deadline. There is a statute that requires cooperation with corruption between U.S. and Ukraine. Sorry, but Biden and his son aren't exempt from investigations. It would be corrupt if Trump told Zelensky that he wanted him to look at corruption but I have a list of people NOT to be looked at and Biden and his son are off limits.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is that in the.constitution?
The Constitution defines treason in Article 3, Section 3, Clause 1:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Constitution does not define bribery. It is a crime that has long existed in English and American common law. It takes place when a person gives an official money or gifts to influence the official’s behavior in office.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history" ---Gerald Ford
Dood, that's just the opinion of one guy, who is not the ultimate authority on impeachment, was not a Constitutional scholar, and Is the only person in the history of people to serve as Vice President and President without ever having been elected to either prude by the Electoral College. Would you like to read the opinion of Alan Dershowitz, an actual Constitutional scholar who had argued constitutional before the Supreme Court?

Wouldn't hurt to read this...

Reactions: muttly

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's true. But political conversations often involve complex matters. Oversimplifying the complicated can be as counterproductive as complicating the simple.
In some cases true. Not seeing it here. Democrats are claiming a very simple and clear path. I am not seeing it at this point.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dude, nobody gives a rat's azz about Ukraine. Most can't even find it on a map. So boring. Have you seen the polls? Impeachment is dropping like a rock with Independents, not just Trumpsters. This is a Dem obsession. They don't care about jobs and wages for people. They voted against the tax cut and they haven't brought to a vote the USMCA. They've tried to undermine Trump since he has been elected and have wanted him impeached ever since. Probably would have had a deal with China as well, but now they think they.can wait it out until a Dem President gets back in so they can roll them.
But we're all supposed to care about aid being delayed and STILL released before the deadline. There is a statute that requires cooperation with corruption between U.S. and Ukraine. Sorry, but Biden and his son aren't exempt from investigations. It would be corrupt if Trump told Zelensky that he wanted him to look at corruption but I have a list of people NOT to be looked at and Biden and his son are off limits.

Thanks for answering the question directly.
Are you saying Trump wasn't infiltrated by Parnas & Fruman through Giuliani?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks for answering the question directly.
Are you saying Trump wasn't infiltrated by Parnas & Fruman through Giuliani?
Not sure I agree with infiltrated as the word to use. In Che case, if Trump was infiltrated, that makes Trump the straight-up victim.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure I agree with infiltrated as the word to use. In Che case, if Trump was infiltrated, that makes Trump the straight-up victim.

They gave advise to Giuliani, who then gave it to Trump and Trump acted on it. I'm not a scholar, call it whatever ....
Thoughts?
Dave, you can chime in too ....
Didn't mean to leave you out ;)

Reactions: Turtle and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They gave advise to Giuliani, who then gave it to Trump and Trump acted on it. I'm not a scholar, call it whatever ....
Thoughts?
Dave, you can chime in too ....
Didn't mean to leave you out ;)
I see a lot of people drawing conclusions on information that isn't supported by very many facts. That may change with regards to these two, but so far it isn't there. Every media outlet is reporting something different.

Reactions: Grizzly and Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see a lot of people drawing conclusions on information that isn't supported by very many facts. That may change with regards to these two, but so far it isn't there. Every media outlet is reporting something different.

Fair enough ....
We're going to have to wait for the court cases to provide the details. When it does get proved that Trump was influenced and made decisions based on advise from these guys, perhaps then an explanation can be given for Trump's treasonous actions. :pokepoke: :)

Reactions: Ragman

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After all, I think some are still looking for the reason why Yovanovitch got recalled.
Hint: ask the guys at Fraud Guaranteed.