That's one small step for man,
a giant leap for mankind.

AAwzMM0.jpg
"Tell him, Ray."
"K-Mart sucks."

Too many jokes...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I keep hearing that "Rosenstein has got to go" or "Mueller has to be shut down" because of Rosenstein's incompetance and conflicts in the investigation and Mueller's team veering way off the path in the investigation with no end in sight.
Yet, nothing has happened to them. Some say it would be a bad political move for Trump to have them fired. It would create a "constitutional crisis", some say.( Chuck Schumer) But the President has the authority to have Rosenstein and Mueller fired. If they are incompetent or out of control in their jobs, isn't the right thing to do is to let them go instead of keeping them in their jobs because of political reasons?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If Trump fired Rosenstein and/or Mueller, he certainly has the authority to do it, but it would look to partisans and non partisans, political animals and regular citizens, like Trump is hiding something. Something big. Like a smoking gun.

High crimes and misdemeanors means precisely whatever Congress says it means. If the American people start screaming for impeachment, Congress will do it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
If Trump fired Rosenstein and/or Mueller, he certainly has the authority to do it, but it would look to partisans and non partisans, political animals and regular citizens, like Trump is hiding something. Something big. Like a smoking gun.

High crimes and misdemeanors means precisely whatever Congress says it means. If tule American people start screaming for impeachment, Congress will do it.
Agree. I believe Rosenstein could get fired though without the political fallout of a Mueller firing. Just feel it is ridiculous that rogue government employees and appointees can't be fired because of politics.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's an interesting article about manufacturing, that lays out what I've been saying for years, and the author of the piece grudgingly, albeit thickly veiled, admits that Trump nailed it. The only thing I disagree with is this snippet from the next-to-last paragraph.

Since he took office, however, Trump has paid minimal attention to boosting US manufacturing. Instead, he’s favored counterproductive protectionism and ignored currency manipulation, preferring the punitive over the constructive.

She just had to get a FAKE NEWS jab in there somewhere. Trump hasn't favored "counterproductive protectionism" at all, but that's an easy viewpoint to take for a liberal globalist and Chinese manufacturing proponent (she is all that, and more - she lived in China for 6 years working for hedge funds). But she finally realized that it wasn't automation that decimated US manufacturing, and she'll eventually realize what Trump is really doing with his policies.

As the article points out, those who look at the numbers see that it was automation that caused all those manufacturing jobs to go overseas. But they never looked at the jobs. They'd be right if 1000 manufacturing jobs went to China and all those manufactured items were built by 500 robots and 10 employees babysitting the robots. Turns out that all those products now being made in China are being made by 1000 Chinese people. Automation had little to do with it.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahh, so good to get home and see this new billboard popped up :rolleyes:

impeachmentbillboard_maddogpac.png

Not sure which made me roll my eyes more.
Impeachment Now, or make America America again.

Although, the later scared me a little. Yeah, back to more failed Obama style policies/leadership, that's what this county really needs :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

dalscott

Expert Expediter

View attachment 17415

Although, the later scared me a little. Yeah, back to more failed Obama style policies/leadership, that's what this county really needs :rolleyes:

You mean like lower gas prices, steadily lowering unemployment, slow steady uptick of the economy (that Trump claims credit for)?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

View attachment 17415

You mean like lower gas prices, steadily lowering unemployment, slow steady uptick of the economy (that Trump claims credit for)?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
And respect from other countries, as opposed to being a laughing stock.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All I see is winning:D Much better than apology tours.
the-problem-with-viewing-the-world-through-rose-colored-glasses-is-23395660.png

muttly

Veteran Expediter
IMG_20180521_214305.jpg e3b912f02cc13df6100a44ba9c261ccf.gif Just thinking out loud and wondering who is more evil : Former CIA and current Deep Stater John Brennan or Dr Evil?

Last edited: