The Trump Card...

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Those days are long gone & are not related to current state of affairs.
Our military are over extended, navy can't drive their boats, army while seldom winning international competitions can't even place in top 3 any more, Marines are wore out, air force planes can't fly.
We are over extended.

The only reason women are in combat units is our men are to fat. 80% of American males can not qualify for service. We had to let them in.
Defense spending is a separate line item, not related to foreign aid.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Reported:

Toys R Us filed chapter 11 this fall.

Toys R Us sales are way down leading up to Christmas.

Toys R Us will (probably) close 1/8 to 1/4 of it's locations in 2018.

Toys R Us executives received (approximately) $16 million in year end bonuses.

Thank goodness the corporate tax rate dropped to 21% so that next year the executives won't have to take such a shabby payout

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Not at all. I just think this is another example of the corporate greed that we can count on swallowing up any corporate tax cuts. There is no longer a trickle down and if Toys R Us, (and many others like them) are still here a year from now the majority of workers will still be paid the same. I am not a fan of $15 minimum wage ($10 maybe) so many of today's workers in low paying jobs work multiple jobs just to reach $20K a year with kids. There are many companies that value their employees, but, there seem to be more that don't. Just my opinion and experience that management salaries that are dependant on bonus create a situation where they intentionally put a plug in the funnel so nothing goes downward.

Reactions: Grizzly

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
On a different note, I just read on CNN about the beautiful 200 year old tree that must come down in front of the White House that has lost most of it's root system and can only stay up with wire supports that over the years have now damaged the trunk. this finding was supported by the official DC Arborists. A shame but a good article by CNN. Then I looked at Newsweek and saw their headline and thought, when did Newsweek hire headline writers from the National Enquirer?
Melania Trump Orders Removal of Near-200-Year-Old Tree From White House

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Best Twitter reply...
"There's nothing wrong with cutting down an iconic White House tree if it's damaged and decaying. It's actually a good reminder that if something is rotten at the White House, it should be removed."

A real close second...
"Bedazzled in public but rotten at the roots.
Must be the swamp."

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Best Twitter reply...
"There's nothing wrong with cutting down an iconic White House tree if it's damaged and decaying. It's actually a good reminder that if something is rotten at the White House, it should be removed."

A real close second...
"Bedazzled in public but rotten at the roots.
Must be the swamp."
You did realize that my intent was to be critical of a skewed Newsweek headline, not to criticize the decision to remove the tree?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You did realize that my intent was to be critical of a skewed Newsweek headline, not to criticize the decision to remove the tree?
Yes I did realize that. I tossed it a Like because of it.

The Twitter post was just another example someone trying to make something that has nothing to do with Trump, about Trump.

Incidentally, the UK's Daily Mail has the same headline, but I know if it originated with them or Newsweek.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't think anything can change my (negative) thoughts on Mr. T, and I don't buy the whole fake news thing, BUT, I am more and more disturbed by the "slant" and misdirection of the media. Professionalism is gone in too many media outlets. Sensationalism, ratings and advertising revenue trump (see how I did that) reality.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When you look at Trump stories that are negative, if they are about policy that's one thing, but as that Stanford University study shows, about 90% of them about him personally. That's a dead giveaway of bias. The ad hominem attack is the bread and butter of the Left. "He's a <insert name called here> is the go-to tactic.

The advertising revenue trumping reality is literally what fake news is. A very small percentage of fake news is purely fabricated, sure, but most of it is simply crafting the narrative to mislead the truth in order to further an agenda.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now Trump will get to plant his own tree in that spot.
It'll be know as the Trump .. whatever .. for generations to come.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They've got several offshoots grown from that tree already. Some of them are 10 feet tall or more. It'll be one of those that get planted.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They've got several offshoots grown from that tree already. Some of them are 10 feet tall or more. It'll be one of those that get planted.

So no big deal here. Take it down already ....
They've given out seedlings from that tree to other heads of state. It's kind of an important tree. Not only because it was planted by a president to honor his recently deceased wife who died a few days after the inauguration, but it's also prominently featured on our money (1928-1998 $20 bill). There's also a set of White House china inspired by the tree. The tree came from an offshoot cutting of the original tree that is still growing at The Hermitage.

But I'm with ya, the tree should have been removed years ago and another one planted in its place.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And it will be the greatest tree ever planted. It will grow bigly and more people will come to see it than have seen any other tree, but, when they cut down the old one thousands of Muslims will stand outside the fence cheering. And at night you will be able to see the glowing Red Star atop it from Mar Lago. Can't help myself

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks turtle, I understand now.
If the GOP had left taxes alone we wouldn't all be freezing right now.
Thus Armageddon had begun.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's Joe Everyman right there. Thinks for himself, and doesn't buy into the rhetoric from either side, really.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
3041954c802dc7736022315390e3f406.jpg

Wow, I don’t know who did this but I would buy them a beer, that sign nailed it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: davekc and RoadTime

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Reported:

Toys R Us filed chapter 11 this fall.

Toys R Us sales are way down leading up to Christmas.

Toys R Us will (probably) close 1/8 to 1/4 of it's locations in 2018.

Toys R Us executives received (approximately) $16 million in year end bonuses.

Thank goodness the corporate tax rate dropped to 21% so that next year the executives won't have to take such a shabby payout

The only feeling evoked here is "ire"
Maybe some anger too. Sadly I suspect you are all to correct.

Voting with my dollars I haven't spent there in decades. Now feeling is "pleased".