The Trump Card...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Rick Santorum states that "Palastenians & Muslims" in this country are responsible for the anti semitic things happening here, like defiling a Jewish cemetery. When asked for proof his response was that "it's a fact", no proof offered. So, now it will be OK for President Trump to repeat this, another baseless attack on Muslims, and claim it's a fact too!

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Rick Santorum states that "Palastenians & Muslims" in this country are responsible for the anti semitic things happening here, like defiling a Jewish cemetery. When asked for proof his response was that "it's a fact", no proof offered. So, now it will be OK for President Trump to repeat this, another baseless attack on Muslims, and claim it's a fact too!

You are such a fence sitter... in more ways than one! lol

Reactions: jcochristoph

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Well, not to be pedantic with the facts, but he didn't say that Palestinians and Muslims in this country are responsible for the anti Semetic things happening here, he qualified it by said they were "responsible for a lot of" it. Cuomo, shockingly (not really), bristled at that, and said he didn't know that was a fact, because historically there have been white haters who have targeted Jews in this country. Moreover, Santorum didn't say "Palestinians and Muslims," he said "pro-Palestinian or Muslim community." There's a difference.

Santorum responded to that by citing evidence, with, "That's not what's going on on college campuses, Chris, white haters," replied Santorum. "Let's say the truth about this."

And since CNN would be a test pattern if it wasn't for the NYT and the Washington Post, Cuomo is, I'm sure (because he did a new piece on it last year) familiar with the Amcha Initiative report, as reported by the Washington Post. (and nearly every other mainstream media outlet) that showed unambiguously that the overwhelming number of anti Semitic incidents that have spiked since the beginning of 2016 have been carried out by supporters and promoters of the BDS movement. BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) is aimed at Jews in Israel, to boycott Jewish products and service, divest from Jewish investments, and for sanctions on Israel in general, the supporters of which vary a great deal, but is largely pursued the strongest by pro-Palestinians (which are generally Palestinians and Muslims, and their supporters, but they also include more than a few white haters). The report makes it very clear that on campuses without any anti-Zionist student groups, such as the SJP (Students for Justice in Palestine), which is comprised overwhelmingly by Palestinians and Muslims, and without any faculty who also support the BDS movement, the incidents of Antisemitism are exceedingly rare. They draw a direct correlation between the anti-Zionist agenda on campuses, again, made up of mostly Palestinians and Muslims, to the incidents of Antisemitism. Campus and local police reports also back that up, as nearly everyone involved in criminal conduct against Jews on campuses have been those same people.

So, if Trump repeats it, I don't know how accurate it is to claim, or believe, it's baseless, or even an attack on Muslims. Stating a fact about Muslims doesn't make you a bigot, anymore than criticizing a policy of Obama's makes you a racist. Because if it does, then every time someone criticizes Trump, they're thus therefore ergo anti-Christian and an oranginst.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Turtle, you are a great propogateor of "bending issues". If Fox news says that the fake media must stop listening to what the right says and instead try to focus on the intent you jump right in. Now, in my opinion only, Mr. Santorums intent was obviously to further denegrate a religion in support of the administration's attempt to support the ideas and ideals of Steve Bannon & Co.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle, you are a great propogateor of "bending issues". If Fox news says that the fake media must stop listening to what the right says and instead try to focus on the intent you jump right in.
Make no mistake, I do not get my marching orders from Fox News. And to state that I do shows a great willingness to ignore every criticism I've had in these forums for Fox News, and there are plenty, in favor of a wholly unsubstantiated and incorrect opinion. I think for myself, thank you very much.

Now, in my opinion only, Mr. Santorums intent was obviously to further denegrate a religion in support of the administration's attempt to support the ideas and ideals of Steve Bannon & Co.
Your opinion was made quite clear when you skewed and misrepresented what Santorum actually said, including the blatantly false claims of "no proof offered," in order to put up a partisan snark.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A few toons...

sk022117dAPR20170221114518.jpg

aria_c14880620170219120100.jpg

kn021817dAPR20170218124507.jpg

bg021717dAPR20170217024516.jpg

I think somebody's been reading my posts. :D

mle170217c20170217030831.jpg

Ouch

sbr021417dAPR20170214014508.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Well, not to be pedantic with the facts, but he didn't say that Palestinians and Muslims in this country are responsible for the anti Semetic things happening here, he qualified it by said they were "responsible for a lot of" it. Cuomo, shockingly (not really), bristled at that, and said he didn't know that was a fact, because historically there have been white haters who have targeted Jews in this country. Moreover, Santorum didn't say "Palestinians and Muslims," he said "pro-Palestinian or Muslim community." There's a difference.

Santorum responded to that by citing evidence, with, "That's not what's going on on college campuses, Chris, white haters," replied Santorum. "Let's say the truth about this."

And since CNN would be a test pattern if it wasn't for the NYT and the Washington Post, Cuomo is, I'm sure (because he did a new piece on it last year) familiar with the Amcha Initiative report, as reported by the Washington Post. (and nearly every other mainstream media outlet) that showed unambiguously that the overwhelming number of anti Semitic incidents that have spiked since the beginning of 2016 have been carried out by supporters and promoters of the BDS movement. BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) is aimed at Jews in Israel, to boycott Jewish products and service, divest from Jewish investments, and for sanctions on Israel in general, the supporters of which vary a great deal, but is largely pursued the strongest by pro-Palestinians (which are generally Palestinians and Muslims, and their supporters, but they also include more than a few white haters). The report makes it very clear that on campuses without any anti-Zionist student groups, such as the SJP (Students for Justice in Palestine), which is comprised overwhelmingly by Palestinians and Muslims, and without any faculty who also support the BDS movement, the incidents of Antisemitism are exceedingly rare. They draw a direct correlation between the anti-Zionist agenda on campuses, again, made up of mostly Palestinians and Muslims, to the incidents of Antisemitism. Campus and local police reports also back that up, as nearly everyone involved in criminal conduct against Jews on campuses have been those same people.

So, if Trump repeats it, I don't know how accurate it is to claim, or believe, it's baseless, or even an attack on Muslims. Stating a fact about Muslims doesn't make you a bigot, anymore than criticizing a policy of Obama's makes you a racist. Because if it does, then every time someone criticizes Trump, they're thus therefore ergo anti-Christian and an oranginst.
These antisemetic things have continued and had a spike since the election of Trump according to the SPLC.
The fake news media and representatives from the SPLC are trying to advance the narrative that these are 'Trump supporters' that are doing this. I doubt that very much. Maybe an incident or two, but the vast majority are from those that opposed Trump being elected.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
These antisemetic things have continued and had a spike since the election of Trump according to the SPLC.
The fake news media and representatives from the SPLC are trying to advance the narrative that these are 'Trump supporters' that are doing this. I doubt that very much. Maybe an incident or two, but the vast majority are from those that opposed Trump being elected.
Trump is supported by White Supremacists because they think he's on their side, mainly because of his position on illegal immigration, which shows just how stupid and retarded they are. A few nutjobs get emboldened by Trump, and his election, and Antisemitism sees a spike, which emboldens like-minded folks who join in because, what the heck (see March, Women's; and Immigrants, A Day Without, and "Let's protest , because that's what the newest fad is").

There is no money in White Supremacy, no jobs in it, no benefit to it. Trump couldn't care less about them. There is, however, a great deal of money and jobs in Jews, and there's a massive benefit to that. And his entire life he has demonstrated that. Not that he particularly cares about the Jewish religion, per se, but he's done a lot of business with Jews, and his top lawyers and accountants have all been Jews. There is zero evidence that Trump is even a little bit Antisemitic.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not that he particularly cares about the Jewish religion, per se, but he's done a lot of business with Jews, and his top lawyers and accountants have all been Jews. There is zero evidence that Trump is even a little bit Antisemitic.

While I am not a Trump supporter, or even a Republican (not a Democrat either), I don't get the insistence that Trump is an anti-semite. His history proves otherwise.

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/207978/trumps-jews

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
While I am not a trump supporter, or even a Republican (not a Democrat either), I don't get the insistence that Trump is an anti-semite. His history proves otherwise.
Well, look at who is the primary accuser of Trump's Antisemitism - Leftist Jews. And then the other leftists pick up the ball and run with it. As I noted in another thread, anymore, Antisemitism is not about people who hate Jews. It’s about people that the Jewish Leftists hate.

The Left labeled, and demonized, people who aren't racist, have never demonstrated any form of racism, as being straight-up, card-carrying racists, simply because they criticized Obama's policies. Eric Holder flatly stated that if you disagree with Obama, it's because you're a racist. Heck, in 2009 Jimmy Carter got in on that, saying that the animosity towards the newly elected President is because of racism.

Obama himself, in a December 2015 interview with NPR, described the people who opposed him, especially the Trump supporters, as racist, conspiracy-minded and paranoid, xenophobic, and dishonestly partisan.

That's how you use such a tool of demonization, propaganda and character assassination. And the wider the swath you can cut with it, the better, because it only adds to the credibility and plausibility of it when used surgically on an individual.

It's how you get media outlets like Slate, for example, being able to come up with a forceful and believable article titled "How Donald Trump Happened: Racism Against Barack Obama" without having to do much legwork, or journalism. And it's how you get the mainstream media and the Left actually believing, with no evidence whatsoever, that a man with zero history of Antisemitism is, in fact, Antisemitic

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump signs an executive order to put "regulatory reform officers" and task forces within federal agencies. They will evaluate the federal regulations and recommend whether to keep, repeal or change. Trump wants the officials to reduce what it deems expensive, unnecessary or job-killing rules. I would think that more than half of all regulations are suspect, certainly half the trucking regulations.

Meanwhile, liberals are just livid over this. They don't know why, but they'll figure it out and let us know.

And the people in the regulatory agencies who make the regulations, they're all like, "But that's our job! Making regulations to justify ourselves is what we do best! What will be do now?"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sometimes, when the timing doesn't make it practical, like when the President is giving a speech or some other distracting thing, in lieu of a formal televised Q&A Press Room Briefing the White House Press Secretary will have an informal (but on the record) "gaggle" in his office, where reporters are invited in. The office is not really that large, and can accommodate about 20 reporters. Normally, the ones who are invited in are the ones that are assigned the first 2 or 3 rows of seats in the Briefing Room. You know, the important press outlets, the News Royalty, like the AP, the major newspapers and television news outlets.

Today, Spicey held a gaggle. More than 100 reporters asked to be a part of it, but invitations were extended to 20 of them. CNN was not invited. The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and Politico were also excluded from the invitation list.

Breitbart News, The Washington Times and One America News Network were allowed in, though.

Time and the Associated Press declined their invitations and boycotted the event. The White House Correspondents Association is protesting. How dare Spicey not bow to them and kiss the ring.

I think the position the White House is taking is, "If you're going to engage in propaganda, try and undermine and subvert us at every turn, if you're going to partner up with the opposition party to become part of that opposition, we're not going to make it easy on you."

Meanwhile, CNN and MSNBC and others are considering boycotting this year's annual White House Correspondents Dinner to be held April 29.

It keeps getting funnier and funnier.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It will probably all get cancelled at some point. Samantha Bee will have her 'Not Whitehouse correspondence dinner' and Trump will probably have one at Mar-a-lago for invited guests. Meat loaf is on the menu.:D

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's an eye-opening thought piece from Tammy Bruce. I like Tammy because she's like me, not a Republican, not a Democrat, but is conservative on some things and liberal on others, but mainly wont put up with the BS.

Trump-Reagan parallels are scary, but not for the reasons critics think

"After being attacked relentlessly by fellow Republicans during the campaign, Hollywood making their condemnation known, and the media working overtime to demonize [him], it shouldn’t be surprising that, [get ready for it] within 90 days of his taking the oath of office, the president was shot by a lunatic."

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good opinion piece.

I don't care if one supports Trump or not, but he is President and it's time those that oppose him do so properly.

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
it's time those that oppose him do so properly.
That's it exactly. The Democrats (including the Left press) are using classic bully tactics (name calling, promoting and spreading rumors, hostile intent, repetition over time, emotional satisfaction when the target is hurt, psychological reward in victory, etc.). And isn't that ironic.

And in another irony, CNN's Brian Stelter and Chris Cuomo made a big deal out of Trump's "demonization" of the media, with Stelter saying "I am worried. I’m worried because somebody who’s deranged is going to hear this kind of language and take action against a journalist, either at a rally or in some more private setting."

Cuomo responded with, "I said this during the campaign, it’s going to happen. I don’t want it to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt. It’s just a question of time. If you take someone with a legitimate reason to be upset in the first place, and you pump them up and it starts to become a call to action, somebody’s going to get hurt. What’s he going to say when somebody god forbid comes up to you when you’re walking up with your kids and they get loud, and on that day that reporter doesn’t want to hear it. Maybe it’s a little push. Maybe it’s a fist fight. Maybe something worse. Is he going to own it?"

"It’s just a matter of time," Cuomo warned, ironically. "That’s how this stuff works. It works with little kids in a sand box. It works with adults when they’re at a bar drinking. And it works right now with our president who is intoxicated by the idea of beating up the media."

So I can't help but wonder, if some lunatic with a legitimate reason to be upset in the first place and has been pumped in a call to action and takes a shot at Trump, will Stelter and Cuomo own it?

Of course, Cumo may or may not be a very good example to cite, only time will tell. After his Twitter meltdown and fight with Mark Dice the other day, he was suspiciously absent from his shift on Friday. CNN says it was a scheduled day off (despite Cuomo ending his Thursday shift by saying, "I'll see you in the morning!"). So I'm not sure of I should believe CNN on this issue anymore than CNN believes Rience Preibus when he denies he contacted the FBI over the Trump-Russia connections.

And Stelter was just skewered by Michael Wolff, media critic from The Hollywood Reporter and contributing editor for Newsweek, when Wolff told Stelter that when he criticizes Trump and indignantly espouses the reverence of CNN and the media, that he "could be quite a ridiculous figure."

I can say one thing with a high degree of confidence. Any news outlet that has a high percentage of trust from one political party while at the same time an equally high level of distrust from another opposing political party, it's a near-slam-dunk certainty that they are not an objective, honest broker of the news.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe they thought Trump would shrivel with enough negative press. He seems like he just thrives on it and they are clueless on how to respond to it. Now the press/media just want to see who embarrasses themselves the most and tries to justify it. Comedy's finest hours. :D