The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We are not really on track from the last eight years. It is nothing more than a illusion. By any measure that matters, we as a country are worse off with the exception of some industries and the stock market. How did that happen? We manufactured and printed a outcome. That is how we are now 20 trillion in debt and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Follow the money instead of that silliness you see on TV.
Many people don't realize, or don't want to admit, that Obama managed to rack up more national debt in 8 years than all of the other Presidents... combined.

If that's not a "Holy crap!" moment, I don't know what is.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Their president today said he would take all refugees. Awesome. Let start busing them to the border.
That's not what he said. And it's prime minister.
It was the Trudueax guy. No idea other than that was on nightly news NBC. Could they be wrong?:D

Of course he did ... as long as they fit their criteria.
Does Canada already have a Trumpian immigration policy? - Macleans.ca
Playing good cop bad cop. lol

Reactions: Grizzly

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Their president today said he would take all refugees. Awesome. Let start busing them to the border.
That's not what he said. And it's prime minister.
It was the Trudueax guy. No idea other than that was on nightly news NBC. Could they be wrong?:D

Of course he did ... as long as they fit their criteria.
Does Canada already have a Trumpian immigration policy? - Macleans.ca

That's immigration not refugee policy. Refugee's are sponsored by 5 people financially for a year. And we've only brought families not single persons from Syria.

Reactions: Turtle and Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Vox, generally speaking, isn't a particularly good source of news, unless it's liberal confirmation bias you're after. It's hard left, with the co-founder and editor-in-chief being Erza Klein, a former blogger/writer at the Washington Post and MSNBC. Vox Media is one of those Digital Media operations right there with Vice and BuzzFeed. They don't really give you the news, they explain it. But every now and then they'll have something really worthwhile.

Case in point, here's a pretty good video on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Jet program into which Trump threw a monkey wrench, to reduce the runaway costs, or cancel and go with updated versions of older jets. Surprisingly, the video agrees with Trump, but it illustrates just how complicated the whole mess is, and how the Military Industrial Complex is set up, and why it's set up that way.

Reactions: davekc

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Many people don't realize, or don't want to admit, that Obama managed to rack up more national debt in 8 years than all of the other Presidents... combined.

How Much Did Obama Add to the Nation's Debt?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

As referred to in a previous post, US policies have been eroding our balance sheet for many years.
Let's see what Trump can do. He's in the office, gotta give him a chance. If he's effective, the people that are more concerned with how he's effective are missing the point imho. There's no doubt his tactics can be unnerving, downright scary at times. Maybe it's a good time to put your faith in God rather than politicians ... sit back & enjoy the ride :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are not really on track from the last eight years. It is nothing more than a illusion. By any measure that matters, we as a country are worse off with the exception of some industries and the stock market. How did that happen? We manufactured and printed a outcome. That is how we are now 20 trillion in debt and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Follow the money instead of that silliness you see on TV.

How about this Holy Crap Moment?....
Reagan
tripled the Gross Federal Debt, from $900 billion to $2.7 trillion. Ford and Carter in their combined terms could only double it.
It took 31 years to accomplish the first postwar debt tripling, yet Reagan did it in eight.

something you'll never hear that snot nosed wimp Hannity speak about....the wiener...LOL

I am not in any way supporting Obama either just posting my research...its interesting how "Facts" can be twisted to support ones political beliefs...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As referred to in a previous post, US policies have been eroding our balance sheet for many years.
Let's see what Trump can do. He's in the office, gotta give him a chance. If he's effective, the people that are more concerned with how he's effective are missing the point imho. There's no doubt his tactics can be unnerving, downright scary at times. Maybe it's a good time to put your faith in God rather than politicians ... sit back & enjoy the ride :)
Its refreshing to see someone "doing the business of government"...doing the job...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That evil dictator Trump has issued an unconstitutional executive order on immigration where the order instructs ICE and Homeland Security to follow the laws already on the books, and lists the 7 countries designated by the Obama administration, and by the previous Congress, as having national security risks for travel from those countries. Immigration activists scream enforcing the laws are unfair, apparently because they think foreign nationals have the unfettered right to demand entry into the United States.

NYC taxi drivers impose a JFK Airport pickup ban for one hour on Saturday night - no one protests that non-immigrants are caught up in the chaos.

Half an hour after the pickup ban ends and NYC taxis resume pickups, Uber announces they have removed the Surge Pricing normally in place when there is a high demand - immediately gets accused of strike busting by libtards who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

On Saturday 325,000 people arrived in the United States from foreign countries. 109 of those were detained for further questioning. Most of those were processed through and released within 2 hours. 3 people were sent back to where they came from because they lacked proper passports or visas. 12 people continue to remain in detention because of irregularities (which is about average for a Saturday) and should be processed one way or the other within 24 hours of being detained.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That evil dictator Trump has issued an unconstitutional executive order on immigration where the order instructs ICE and Homeland Security to follow the laws already on the books, and lists the 7 countries designated by the Obama administration, and by the previous Congress, as having national security risks for travel from those countries. Immigration activists scream enforcing the laws are unfair, apparently because they think foreign nationals have the unfettered right to demand entry into the United States.

NYC taxi drivers impose a JFK Airport pickup ban for one hour on Saturday night - no one protests that non-immigrants are caught up in the chaos.

Half an hour after the pickup ban ends and NYC taxis resume pickups, Uber announces they have removed the Surge Pricing normally in place when there is a high demand - immediately gets accused of strike busting by libtards who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

On Saturday 325,000 people arrived in the United States from foreign countries. 109 of those were detained for further questioning. Most of those were processed through and released within 2 hours. 3 people were sent back to where they came from because they lacked proper passports or visas. 12 people continue to remain in detention because of irregularities (which is about average for a Saturday) and should be processed one way or the other within 24 hours of being detained.

82b28e9355e9e0b5c92b0629726c77b3.jpg

Reactions: Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
636b3a6675c538aa4b0a3d2580f17801.jpg

Did you happen to miss the word illegal?
My parents immigrated to this country ..
Please don't confuse legal immigration with illegal immigration.
As far as I know, Trump was born in the US ... Queens, NY to be exact. He's a legal citizen.
There are plenty of things to be critical of regarding Trump .... PLENTY! At least give some thought to the criticisms ...

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did you happen to miss the word illegal?
My parents immigrated to this country ..
Please don't confuse legal immigration with illegal immigration.
As far as I know, Trump was born in the US ... Queens, NY to be exact. He's a legal citizen.
There are plenty of things to be critical of regarding Trump .... PLENTY! At least give some thought to the criticisms ...
Exactly. Native Americans never had any immigration laws for North America. The Indian meme is cute and amusing, but ultimately it's just an epic fail at an attempt to be adolescently neener-neener clever. Until the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 was signed into law there was no such thing as illegal immigration anywhere in America.

Reactions: davekc and Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Also, just an FYI, Federal Judge Ann M. Donnelly is who stayed part of Trump's executive order to prevent those who were already on flights to the US traveling with previously approved refugee applications or were in transit with valid visas, and got detained for more thorough vetting, from being summarily deported back to where they came from if they were in danger of irreparable harm. It doesn't apply to anyone who is still over seas, not does it mean that anyone detained must be set free into the US.

I do agree with the ruling, incidentally. While I fully understand why you wouldn't want to telegraph that we'd be putting the executive order into effect in x-number of days from today, only to allow people who might do us harm to simply move up their travel date, it kinda sucked rocks to let people on the plane and then hit 'em with a big fat hairy gotcha when they landed.

Donnelly is a US District Judge for the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn). She was born in Royal Oak, MI. Got her BA from the University of Michigan, and then her law degree from The Ohio State University in 1984. From 1984 to 2009 she served as an assistant DA in the NY Country DA's Office, the last 4 years of that as Chief of the Family Violence and Child Abuse Bureau. From 2009 to 2015, she served as a state judge of the NY Court of Claims and as a judge on the NY State Supreme Court (the criminal trial court). Upon recommendation of Senator Charles Schumer (uncle of actress, comedian and all-around chalk-on-a-blackboard Amy Schumer), Obama appointed her to the US District judicial position, which Congress confirmed.

I post all of this mainly just so I can post her picture and say that she looks exactly like you'd expect her to look. :D

screen_shot_2017-01-28_at_105259_pm-1485672855-6709.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Obama didn't do it out of the blue and he didn't do it base on religion.
Trump didn't do it out of the blue and he didn't do it based on religion, either. Doing it has been part of his campaign all along, so that he did it only shocks those who are used to elected officials never doing what they way that will do.

As for the ridiculous notion that he's basing any of it on religion, there are 50 count 'em, FIFTY, Muslim-majority countries, so calling it a "Muslim Ban" is, well, like, you know, ridiculous. It's also FAKE NEWS, which doesn't stop the press from reporting it that way. The press also reports the OMG fact that none of those countries are places where Trump has any business interests, and isn't that interesting, they say.

The executive order (which I'm reasonably certain you have not bothered to read in its entirety), states very plainly that it seeks the immediate “Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern.” The term "Countries of Particular Concern" isn't just some vague thing that Trump made up. It's an actual list compiled by Obama in conjunction with Congress that names countries with a known, verifiable recent history of harboring, training, and sponsoring terrorists. Since Obama couldn't even bring himself to say the phrase "Radical Islamic Terrorism" and said repeatedly that it's not a Muslim issue, it is highly doubtful that Obama compiled the list based on religion. And that's the list Trump used.

The executive order further states, "I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order."

Section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12) is where you will find the list of Countries of Particular Concern, namely, Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria.

"But wait," you say. "That's only FOUR countries. Trump listed SEVEN!!!"

Well, no, Trump didn't actually list any countries in the executive order, other than singling out Syria specifically where he suspended immigration from Syria until further notice with, "I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest."

So where does the other three countries come from?

The Department of Homeland Security targeted these seven countries over the last years as countries of concern. In February 2016 “The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.”

It noted “the three additional countries designated today join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals.” It was the US policy under Obama to restrict and target people “who have been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited government/military exceptions).” This was text of the US Customs and Border Protection in 2015 relating to “the Visa Waiver Program and Terrorist Travel Protection Act of 2015“. The link even includes the seven nation list in it: “Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Somalia or Yemen.”

Of course, the media knew this back in May 2016 when some civil rights groups complained about it. “These restrictions have provoked an outcry from the Iranian-American community, as well as Arab-American and civil-liberties groups, who say the restrictions on dual nationals and certain travelers are discriminatory and could be imposed against American dual nationals.” WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH

It was signed into law on December 18, 2015 by President Obama, as part of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of FY2016.

So, no, this didn't come out of the blue. It was part of a bill proposal since 2013 and been codified into law since December 2015 and updated by Homeland in February 2016, a year ago, and Trump has been talking about it for 18 months. The only thing new in Trump's executive order is to cease immigration, including refugees, until further notice from Syria, and to suspend entry for those coming from the Countries of Particular Concern for 90 days, until such time as as more stringent vetting procedures can be put in place. Everything else is nothing more than to instruct CBP, ICE and Homeland to enforce laws already on the books. US citizens and Green Card permanent residents are unaffected, although they will almost certainly get a few extra questions if they are traveling to and from those 7 countries.

Now, I realize that all of these facts I'm throwing out there won't mean anything to those who believe feelings and ideology is more important than the facts. But there they are, anyway,

Reactions: davekc and Grizzly