The Trump Card...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kinda like the wet back did with the American picker
Could we not use racist terms, please......

Thank you.
I apologize kinda like the worker from Mexico who didn't have a green card
Thank you.....

Thank you.
Eventually, the term "undocumented immigrant" will become an offensive, racial slur.
I doubt it......

Thank you.

That's pretty touchy feely there Rags. Hope you are happy now......ya got him corrected.
Nope.... Not touchy feely..... Just the right thing to do.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Eventually, the term "undocumented immigrant" will become an offensive, racial slur.
I doubt it......

It's already happening. We're in the early stages where "undocumented immigrant" is being replaced with "undocumented person" because the use of "immigrant" is exclusionary and demeaning. And, the question is already being asked with the fervor of an adolescent, "How can you call them ‘undocumented’? Why do they need documents to prove they’re human beings?!?"

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Agree. They'll be called transitional people at some point. Not to be confused with transgenders. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Another term that is gaining wide acceptance, especially by the Left and by immigration activists is that of "illegalized immigrant" as it draws attention away from the individual and focus on the actions of the State, the evil, oppressive bully which actively denies people legal status. "Hey, they illegalized me!" Because, you know, they were perfectly legal before they got here, and then suddenly, just because they came here, the State decided to illegalize them. It's textbook victimization. If they can get people to feel sorry for them, there ya go.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have no issue with the term "illegal" whatever. They have broken the law, and are here illegally.

My issue is the racial terms ....... 'nuff said from me.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I have no issue with the term "illegal" whatever. They have broken the law, and are here illegally.

Actually, that would be good. As far as i'm concerned you ruined a perfectly good and informative/interesting thread by calling out a poster with your leftie tantrum.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
He, or she , that controls the definition of words, truly controls the USA......lawyers love it,,,money anyone, money???

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Holy Krap! Glad I read the above, I never knew you were a "leftie" radical, I always thought you were a smart & humorous person.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You wonder why people think all Conservatives are racist.All this man is doing is standing up against
Racism and you call him a Leftist Radical, are you trying to say only people on the left are not racist?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The comment was not ment to be how it was taken but the farm worker in America was replaced by people from Mexico who forgot to get a green card when intering. T he US it's like right now if they started producing tvs,cellphones or radios in thE us they would say the American worker can't keep up with demand that's why we need China

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're just plain racist.
You really want to be careful about insulting other members. Especially when it's an opinion backed up by exactly zero facts.

You wonder why people think all Conservatives are racist.
I don't. It's a classic tactic of "If you won't think like me, you're the enemy, therefore I must demonize you as much as possible to make me feel better about myself so that I can more easily and quickly hate you."

Everybody is a little bit racist, whether they will admit it or not. It's built into the DNA and the evolutionary process. The reality is, however, very, very few people are even as remotely racist as liberals so desperately try to paint conservatives. Ironically, it's the liberals who demonstrate the most racism in the broadest manner by constantly trying to put different races and ethnic groups into separate, neat little categories. Diversity itself, which liberals hold so near and dear, is literally defined as being separate, distinctly un-alike groups of people.

Snowflake - An overly sensitive person, typically but not exclusively liberal/progressive, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own. Usually lash out with demonizing name-calling of those with differing opinions.

The comment was not ment to be how it was taken but the farm worker in America was replaced by people from Mexico who forgot to get a green card when intering.
That's the problem with racial and ethnic slurs, as those who are easily offended by such terms (and generally anyone on the Left) are offended by the terms in any and all cases, even when no actual or intent of racism exists on the part of the user of such terms. That's where political correctness is used to censor speech and stifle thought.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race or ethnic group in and of itself isn't even racism. In order for there to be genuine racism, prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism alone is not enough, it must be accompanied with the belief that one's own race or ethnic group is superior to another. The use of the term "wetback" as a descriptive function of language to convey meaning isn't in and of itself racist. It's likely offensive to most Mexicans, though, so it probably shouldn't be used simply as a matter of civility and common courtesy. But if it's used to convey the meaning of an illegal immigrant, and not to convey the meaning of inferiority, then it cannot be racist, regardless of how much offense one may take from it. If used in a demeaning and or derogatory manner, then it's a problem.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Actually, that would be good. As far as i'm concerned you ruined a perfectly good and informative/interesting thread by calling out a poster with your leftie tantrum.

You're just plain racist.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Yes. As I sit here with my Black neighbor breaking bread and having a beer. Nope, I don't like to read somethings just like the rest of you. And, the "if you don't think like me" mentality has worn really, really thin with me over the long run of experiences. So.........I will no longer be stepped on, nor watch anyone else be.

I did not get a Star. Mainly because when standing in line for one, I was standing with way lesser qualified candidates during the birth and implementation of our great "Affirmative Action" brainchild, with, mostly new found females and minorities. Am I bitter, yes, absolutely. Do I blame them, no. They were a product of our misguided attempt to give a Trophy to everyone.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Huh. Me a leftie. Hardly. I just have a problem with racial terms.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The use of the term "wetback" as a descriptive function of language to convey meaning isn't in and of itself racist. It's likely offensive to most Mexicans, though, so it probably shouldn't be used simply as a matter of civility and common courtesy. But if it's used to convey the meaning of an illegal immigrant, and not to convey the meaning of inferiority, then it cannot be racist, regardless of how much offense one may take from it. If used in a demeaning and or derogatory manner, then it's a problem.

Thank you, that's my point.

Reactions: Turtle