The Thread You Can Use When You Need To

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The last two on the list did in fact leave just because they made the decision, I don't think that the first three had that option.

You are correct that there are a lot of "A" personalities and that can cause problems.
Oh well doesn't seem to bother anyone other than me. (and thats a shame)

jaminjim... it bothers me as well. I fear a lynch mob mentality runs amok here sometimes. Old feuds and vendettas play out. Whenever I point out what seems to be excessive piling-on of an EO member, they turn the heat towards me. Oh well. I learned alot from Greg and Leo about the technical aspects of this industry. They brought light to conversations. Not much heat.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I for one am ALWAYS predispatched. Just ask me. Heck, I've got five loads lined up right now.....

Unfortunately, the last time I was predispatched with that many loads, I inadvertently ran out of blinker fluid in the middle of the Everglades and had to forfeit the other four runs. Such is life. :(

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The Petro here at Oak Grove, MO has a sale on blinker fluid. Two gallon jugs for $5. I might have bought the last two just now, but if you get through here, the sale is supposed to last another week and they'll probably be getting more in. I always try to keep some extra handy because you never know when you're going to need it.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeff, anyone that knows anything knows that muffler bearing lubricant can be used instead of blinker fluid in an emergency. Geez...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kim, please convey my apologies to Bob. All this time I thought he was a St. Bernard. Now that I look at your avatar more closely, yep, Bob is a bull dog. Sorry Bob.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The last two on the list did in fact leave just because they made the decision, I don't think that the first three had that option.

You are correct that there are a lot of "A" personalities and that can cause problems.
Oh well doesn't seem to bother anyone other than me. (and thats a shame)

jj,the first two did in fact leave on their own,both were mods at the time and left over a serious disagreement they had with a "questionable" sponsor of this site and the the site owner.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I remember that issue very well...that got real nasty....
Yeah, apparently so ..... I just went last night and pulled up some of the threads for these guys back in '05 and read them .... man, looks like it got a bit testy back then ......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, apparently so ..... I just went last night and pulled up some of the threads for these guys back in '05 and read them .... man, looks like it got a bit testy back then ......

Some things never change some new members from 05-06 till now think the lastest clashes were nasty they ain't seen nothin like 04-05....in essence this site is not getting worse...it is getting better!!!

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of sponsors, questionable or otherwise.. aren't the ads on the nascar races just the BEST??

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Don't know about the ads,but is it true those NASCAR guys have to do several laps AFTER the race going counter-clockwise just to unwind?

DougTravels

Not a Member
I wanna be the guy who talks to the driver on the headset. I would be great at it. LEFT........LEFT.........LEFT........LEFT........LEFT...........LEFT..........LEFT.......Look the "F" out........LEFT..........LEFT:eek:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I always wondered why certain posters seem to have more than their share of duplicate posts, or at least, a deleted post showing reason for deletion as being 'duplicate'. Without naming names of course, but take Jack Berry for example. Well I always wondered, how does he get so many duplicate posts?
This morning I was enlightened!
I posted, and it showed on my screen there was an error, for whatever reason, the EO site was unreachable, my connection failed at that second, whatever it was, it said my post failed to post. I pushed the back button, and thankfully, my post was salvagable without rewriting it. So I pushed the 'submit' button, and it said I had already posted the same post within the last 5 minutes or something.
I'm thinking the internet connections out on the road aren't that reliable, so is this what's happening to some people when they go to post?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I always wondered why certain posters seem to have more than their share of duplicate posts, or at least, a deleted post showing reason for deletion as being 'duplicate'. Without naming names of course, but take Jack Berry for example. Well I always wondered, how does he get so many duplicate posts?
This morning I was enlightened!
I posted, and it showed on my screen there was an error, for whatever reason, the EO site was unreachable, my connection failed at that second, whatever it was, it said my post failed to post. I pushed the back button, and thankfully, my post was salvagable without rewriting it. So I pushed the 'submit' button, and it said I had already posted the same post within the last 5 minutes or something.
I'm thinking the internet connections out on the road aren't that reliable, so is this what's happening to some people when they go to post?

Yep...thats my excuse....it happens..:D

What I really hate is when I type something long and I lose the whole thing...grrrr now after being bitten a few times I copy my post first then hit submit!!