The Thread You Can Use When You Need To

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last week of Sept..don't forget the FREE Deli sandwich with a coupon at FlyingJ...I got a Ham and Swiss on a Ciabatta bun...add whatever... I do Mustard and Mayo...nuke it like 45 secs....not so bad....it is what it is...FREE.:D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
HappyBirthdayKarin.jpg

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I checked my oil this morning and the level is acceptable. I also examined the dipstick and it appears to be in good shape, no noticeable cracks developing. However, there is a collar that prevents me from seeing the top of the stick. I'm considering finding a place that can x-ray it to see if any cracks are developing. Any suggestions from the EO nation?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Replace the dipstick proactively every 24 months or 2400 pulls whichever comes first?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I checked my oil this morning and the level is acceptable.
Checked mine day before yesterday .... down almost a quart, but still within the acceptable range. I'll add some and top it off today.

I like the fact that this engine (Mercedes OM 647) actually has an oil level monitor ....

I also examined the dipstick and it appears to be in good shape, no noticeable cracks developing. However, there is a collar that prevents me from seeing the top of the stick. I'm considering finding a place that can x-ray it to see if any cracks are developing. Any suggestions from the EO nation?
Metal dipstick collar ?

Have it magnafluxed ..... just make sure it's cleaned off real good before you stick back in ....

Kristi

Active Expediter
I love the fact that I can say how I feel and feel how I say.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
LOL...nah, we really can't. That's what facebook is for. ;)

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

I definatly take full advantage of that on Facebook. Lol. I try to watch what I say on here. The way I look at it everyone on my fb already know how I am. On here not so much.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I definatly take full advantage of that on Facebook. Lol. I try to watch what I say on here. The way I look at it everyone on my fb already know how I am. On here not so much.

No reason to hide who you are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
No reason to hide who you are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Very true. I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

My biggest thing is I have a fowl mouth and it can and will get me in big trouble on here...lol. so I try to keep my opinions to my self and keep a lid on my lanuage.