the straight truck club

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Happy Memorial Day weekend to my fellow Straight truckers....remember our fallen and MIA souldiers, God bless America and the Soldiers giving there Lives so we may Live and work in a free country.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Late for the party? Just got a chance to get online and found this thread interesting.

Been out for around 8 weeks now and two co-drivers. Think I'll really enjoy this once I can go solo. Must complete 6 months as a teamer before I can drive alone. This team thing is not for me and I can see where the ST driving could be great fun by myself.

Even the TT companies only train for 4-10 weeks before you run solo. It's going to be a loooong 6 months but I must keep looking at the rainbows end. Would not be interested in TT now. It's Expedite ST all the way.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Who is making you train for 6 months before you can go solo?

I should be more specific and sorry about that. I actually just completed CDL school in March, so had never driven. Company I work for requires 6 months OTR before you can drive solo. Insurance mandate, I'm sure.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
2 codrivers?! How does that work? :eek:
I wish you all the luck in the world, as I've never been able to tolerate even one [and vice versa, no doubt] for much more than a month, lol.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Parted ways with the first one, for reasons not to be brought forth here. Suffice it to say, we were not even likely to meet for a coffee....let alone an Expedite truck.

Two sides to every story and no need to give my half. Like you state, he probably suffered as well. LOL

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I remember my first driver trainer, he slept all the time, only got up when we dropped or picked up freight so he could show me how to sign the bills, then back to bed, he got paid an extra 5 cents a mile to train me for a month, when he left ya I enjoyed the trucking biz so its a short term thing, grin and bear it and once your alone LIFE BEGINS....Enjoy and be safe

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
We are in! We have been expediting for three years and smartened up and bought our own truck 15 months ago! We are usually parked at t/a petro out front and if you see smoke coming from the rear of the truck, don't call the fire dept! Come eat cuz we be bbqing most of the time! Diamond delivery on the side of the box!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Goshen In, got here late last nite just in time to be canceled........:banghead:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Kristi

Active Expediter
Goshen In, got here late last nite just in time to be canceled........:banghead:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Oh that blows! We're in Wilmington OH. Had to stop in to see our fleet owner, pickup a paycheck and open a bank account. Its been s long night/day and im ready for bed :0)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I have finally gotten my truck, got back to Detroit, and back to work, But before I got back Ive endured the most ridiculous set of MURPHYS LAW incidences....First the truck I rented and insured was rented by Ryder to someone else, then the Insurance ISSUE of Ryder wanting an Umbrella policy to cover multiple vehicles when I explained I would only need the one thats been rented, I n, I now have OOIDA and Ryders insurance on the truck while they try and figure this out corporatly the bean counters are going OMG OMG....the truck finally comes back, I find its not the same truck by the VIN number that my insurance company has, so I had to have all my Insurance redone to match the VIN of the WRONG TRUCK, I finally pickup the truck, install my equipment but was unable to get it lettered, I drive to Detroit to get reset with JD Clark, only to arrive and find Johns Sign maker is out of materials I have to sit all day.... and I eat dinner and get a mild case of food poisoining....sick in my hotel room.....and by the time I get back on the road its CSVA/DOT BLITZ WEEK.....Welcome Back Don.....Ve need to zee your papers....

Ok Mr Murphy I give, you win...But starting Friday I hope to be on a nice long trip to somewhere pleasant with mild weather and a good load....See ya all around the corner....

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Sitting tonight at the pilot Monroe MI enjoying using the FoxFi and my tablet waiting for The Call. Have a good week folks

Kristi

Active Expediter
Just unloaded in Groveland FL. Headed to the TA of the 75 just before the turnpike. Fingers crossed for a load out of here before Monday but if not no biggy.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

djhtom53

Active Expediter
Been driving tractor trailer since 1978 and wife has been since 1995. REEFER, FLATBED, DRY VAN, and we just started driving straight truck with 100" sleeper for an O.O. in Jan '12, making more money, doing less work, and enjoying the truck better then we have with anything we have driven. COULDNT PAY ME TO GET BACK INTO A TRACTOR TRAILER,
Love the sleeper, and when we are laid over we go to camp grounds, and parks, get away from the truck stops. Get to see a lot more places then we ever could have with the tractor trailer. WE LOVE THE STRAIGHT TRUCK