The South

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
It seems as if the rules are changing daily as of late.

Generally, Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville are all good for our straights. Memphis is usually decent for vans, but Nashville has been hit and miss.

Then again, what do I know? I could not get a straight out of Bordentown yesterday, which is usually really good, even for solos. Lots of quotes, but no commitment.

goslow

Seasoned Expediter

Generally, Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville are all good for our straights. Memphis is usually decent for vans, but Nashville has been hit and miss.

Then again, what do I know? I could not get a straight out of Bordentown yesterday, which is usually really good, even for solos. Lots of quotes, but no commitment.

Yea Jersey is usually good. I sit in Linden (usually drop near there) when I am in Jersey and don't sit long before usually getting a load going to New England.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

You know they've been changing for awhile...nothing stays the same...sometimes all it takes is 1 plant closing up or moving to change the whole picture...
Once we learn where the VW suppliers are located Chattanoga will be a little more crowded..

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I can only go by my experiences. I've never gotten a run back w/ any company when going west of the Mississippi. If you're w/ a company that gets ya out of those places on a regular basis, then yea it makes sense to go there.

For whatever reason, most companies aren't as good out there. Do whatever works for you. The best I ever did in this business was when 99% of my runs were in Michigan & Ontario. Maybe touch into Ohio or Indy, but that was the extent of it.

My current company told me Nashville is a pretty good area for vans. It might not be good for other companies though.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I can only go by my experiences. I've never gotten a run back w/ any company when going west of the Mississippi. If you're w/ a company that gets ya out of those places on a regular basis, then yea it makes sense to go there.

For whatever reason, most companies aren't as good out there. Do whatever works for you. The best I ever did in this business was when 99% of my runs were in Michigan & Ontario. Maybe touch into Ohio or Indy, but that was the extent of it.

My current company told me Nashville is a pretty good area for vans. It might not be good for other companies though.

Experiences? Which is it.....two or three stretching your environment? May be a good chance that your ability to choose your team, sucks. MI, ON those sound like nice winter projects. Clear to Nashville??

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I don't really understand what you're asking here. You'll have to forgive me though. I really don't understand the effeminate bully language.

Look, you obviously need a company you can say "YES" to & that they're always right. If I'm not mistaken, you had a company & then had to drive again. Must be all the lousy drivers ya had. Then again, why would anyone of quality want to come & work for a 2nd rate human like yourself?

We're all looking for differen things out of this. Not that your narrow mind would understand, but it's actually true. In my case I'm looking to be back to Michigan frequently. I'm sure in your eyes that makes me a lousy expediter. Then again, in your eyes everyone who doesn't say "yes sir, let me be your bytch" like you would to a given company is a lousy expediter in your eyes.

Anyway, the reason I need to be back to Michigan a lot is I also have another business here. It's part time, but when I get work the pay is pretty dang good. Today I had a job at 10AM, & by 11:45 had more $$ in the bank than I would have had I taken a run to about Cleveland. And that applies even had I worked for Load 1 & their excellent rates. So I need to be back here on a somewhat regular basis.

So yea, I have a more limited company choice. I've never said or implied anything different. I enjoy driving a lot. I enjoy the business, though not as much. The business pays more, but the driving I enjoy more. So yes, I'm trying to balance it out.

As for Nashville, provided I can get back here every so often, it can work out fine. I'm not sure what concern that is of yours though, other than a chance to take another shot at someone who isn't quite so disgruntled.

btw/ this is not a slam in any way at Load 1. Their excellent rates was meant as a compliment, nothing sarcastic. Just trying to make a point to Kernal Company Kiss Azz over here.

Experiences? Which is it.....two or three stretching your environment? May be a good chance that your ability to choose your team, sucks. MI, ON those sound like nice winter projects. Clear to Nashville??

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
WOW!!!! I never knew that a thread that i started would get this much attention...... I finally got a load woo hoo!!!!:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't really understand what you're asking here. You'll have to forgive me though. I really don't understand the effeminate bully language.

Look, you obviously need a company you can say "YES" to & that they're always right. If I'm not mistaken, you had a company & then had to drive again. Must be all the lousy drivers ya had. Then again, why would anyone of quality want to come & work for a 2nd rate human like yourself?

We're all looking for differen things out of this. Not that your narrow mind would understand, but it's actually true. In my case I'm looking to be back to Michigan frequently. I'm sure in your eyes that makes me a lousy expediter. Then again, in your eyes everyone who doesn't say "yes sir, let me be your bytch" like you would to a given company is a lousy expediter in your eyes.

Anyway, the reason I need to be back to Michigan a lot is I also have another business here. It's part time, but when I get work the pay is pretty dang good. Today I had a job at 10AM, & by 11:45 had more $$ in the bank than I would have had I taken a run to about Cleveland. And that applies even had I worked for Load 1 & their excellent rates. So I need to be back here on a somewhat regular basis.

So yea, I have a more limited company choice. I've never said or implied anything different. I enjoy driving a lot. I enjoy the business, though not as much. The business pays more, but the driving I enjoy more. So yes, I'm trying to balance it out.

As for Nashville, provided I can get back here every so often, it can work out fine. I'm not sure what concern that is of yours though, other than a chance to take another shot at someone who isn't quite so disgruntled.

btw/ this is not a slam in any way at Load 1. Their excellent rates was meant as a compliment, nothing sarcastic. Just trying to make a point to Kernal Company Kiss Azz over here.

Maybe DannyD, the Col didn't see the post where you are a part timer.....he assumed you were like most others out here...just a misunderstanding.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Maybe DannyD, the Col didn't see the post where you are a part timer.....he assumed you were like most others out here...just a misunderstanding.

Yes, a misunderstanding. I did misunderstand he wuz a EXPERT part timer.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But, if yer going to splain the bad spots to the newbs, ya really gotta know kinda where they are really at, donca tink??

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

ROFLMAOFF, kernal company kiss azz,,,that was funny. keep up the good work.

Pianoguy

Seasoned Expediter
The reason there isn't much freight out of Florida is because according to the Marketing statistics for commercial advertising which is what the TV and Radio stations use to sell air time.

80 percent of the Florida manufacturing companies employ less than 10 people, I guess that means they are tiny companies. This was taken from the 2007 report. I am sure that a lot of those places have gone under since the recession.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
ive been doing good out of huntsville.last two trips out one for 549 the other for 676 out of athens at federal mogel